Integral Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Integral Senior Living Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2019

3.6
Integral Senior Living CEO Collette Gray (no image)
Collette Gray
Pros
  • "I have worked for Integral Senior Living for about 18 months now and I can honestly say that I finally LOVE what I do everyday(in 7 reviews)

• "Integral Senior Living is a wonderful company to work for(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "None at this time - ISL lives up to their culture(in 5 reviews)

• "If you are new to senior living, with no idea about(in 3 reviews)

1. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Autonomy and the ability to lead with a responsive support center - fantastic culture and lots of room to be your best self.

Cons

Some systems are outdated but still better than most others out there

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring great people!

Integral Senior Living2019-10-10
  2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Culinary Director in Ventura, CA

I worked at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of programs created to deliver resident center of care. Great food program “Elevate” which is a very well thought out comprehensive program focused on creating meaningful moments with the residents and improving dining services all together. Awesome activities program and Generations “memory care”. Good support from regionals if you need it when it comes to HR related stuff.

Cons

Just like all line staff in senior care the starting pay is stagnant and not competitive. No culinary regional support.

Advice to Management

Create regional culinary Directors to fill in and help properties.

Integral Senior Living2019-09-06
  3. "They truly are different!"

Current Employee - Director of Resident Programming in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ISL has assembled a team of true professionals. It is refreshing to reach out to anyone on your team and they are the expert in their field. You never face a challenge alone at ISL, it’s always a team effort.

Cons

It is a demanding industry in general; work life balance needs to be a continued focus.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the ISL Culture a priority!

Integral Senior Living2019-08-02

August 2, 2019Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for making the ISL family so strong! We could not do it without associates like yourself. Thank you for not only sharing our culture but living it daily; we appreciate you!

4. "Good Company to work for"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Modesto, CA

I worked at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

flexibility with schedule, the possible potential for in-0company growth

Cons

low PTO accrual, often worked evenings and weekends

Integral Senior Living2019-07-01

July 11, 2019Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for making the ISL family so strong for over 10 years! We could not do it without employees like yourself. Thank you for your honest feedback & not only sharing our culture but living it daily for 10+ years; we appreciate you! If you would to chat about how we could fix the issues you brought to our attention, I would love to schedule a time to chat with you further. I can be reached at: mwoodward@islllc.com

"Good job, bad benefits."

Current Employee - Senior Caregiver in Angels Camp, CA

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great job to have as a caregiver in a senior living community. Until you do it, you may not understand. The job itself is challenging, motivating, frustrating, rewarding, sad, happy, and overall satisfactory. The co-workers have been great, and bosses have seemed fair.

Cons

Definitely not enough compensation. Minimum wage for employees who have worked here and been loyal for years is not enough, not to mention almost insulting. The lack of staffing makes the job harder and more demanding, and put unrealistic pressure on staff who are working like crazy already.

Advice to Management

The pay caregivers are given is definitely not enough for what they have to deal with every day. Treating employees fairly for the effort and hard work they put in to care closely for someone's mother, father, sibling, or grandparent, is simple. In the first two months here, 5 people quit. 2 got hired, and both proceeded to quit before the two months was up. If that doesn't say something about the company, I don't... know what will.

Integral Senior Living2019-07-10

July 23, 2019Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to not only residents, but to our associates. Because taking care of associates is one of our core values, we’re always looking for ways to ensure our associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities & competative pay. We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. If you would like to continue the conversation, I would welcome the opportunity to chat further and hear more about your experiences so we can make improvments across the organization for all of our associates. If you would be inclined, please reach out to mwoodward@islllc.com

"Doesn't follow through"

I worked at Integral Senior Living

Pros

The residents and the in house management.

Cons

Upper management does not hold true to their word, and adds more stress onto things that should be simple. Only care about money.

Advice to Management

Go into facilities and actually pay attention to the needs of the residents and not just talk to director.

Integral Senior Living2019-06-05

"Horribly Disorganized"

Current Employee - Business Office Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

None at all period. Worthless

Cons

Rude Upper Corporate Management and Regional Directors

Advice to Management

Do better

Integral Senior Living2019-06-05

July 23, 2019Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to not only residents, but to our associates. Because taking care of associates is one of our core values, we’re always looking for ways to ensure our associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities & competative pay. We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected. I am sorry to hear of your negative expeience. If you would like to continue the conversation, I would welcome the opportunity to chat further and hear more about your experiences so we can make improvements across the organization for all of our associates. If you would be inclined, please reach out to mwoodward@islllc.com

"just another senior living company"

Current Employee - Director of Culinary Services

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

freedom to do what you want

Cons

little corporate leadership to truly guide you. If you are new to senior living, with no idea about senior living, you are S.O.L.

Integral Senior Living2019-04-10

July 23, 2019Talent Acquisition Manager

"Good to work when you cant find a job"

Former Employee - Med Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Integral Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of hours and OT but don't stay stuck is only a couple months job.

Cons

Residents are out of control in the memory care unit. Is more of a 51/50 more than a memory care.

Integral Senior Living2019-01-16

July 23, 2019Talent Acquisition Manager

"Found my calling through Integral Senior Living..."

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have truly found my calling at ISL - almost 10 years ago, they hired me from outside the industry. I was previously selling title insurance in the real estate industry, but was feeling extremely unfulfilled. I found senior living through a personal experience with my grandmother needing memory care. I was hired in 2009 at a senior living community in Los Angeles County as a Director of Sales & Marketing,... then moved to another ISL-managed community in the Palm Springs area as the Director of Sales & Marketing. In 2014, I had the opportunity to move into the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing role, which I absolutely loved from the very beginning. I am lucky to have found ISL almost 10 years ago. My life has been completely transformed by the faith and trust they had in me throughout my career!

Cons

I am traveling a great deal - which is awesome because I love to travel - but I miss my family back home. I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and I definitely want to be there for her -

Integral Senior Living2019-01-11

July 11, 2019Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for making the ISL family so strong! We could not do it without employees like yourself. Thank you for your honest feedback & not only sharing our culture but living it daily; we appreciate you!

Found 54 reviews