Integral Senior Living "isl" Reviews | Glassdoor

Integral Senior Living Employee Reviews about "isl"

Updated Oct 29, 2019

3.7
Integral Senior Living CEO Collette Gray (no image)
Collette Gray
Pros
  • "ISL has assembled a team of true professionals(in 18 reviews)

• "I have worked for Integral Senior Living for about 18 months now and I can honestly say that I finally LOVE what I do everyday(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Feel very fortunate to be a part of ISL the past 2(in 6 reviews)

• "If you are new to senior living, with no idea about(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "isl"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great CEO and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

CEO strives to keep Company Culture fresh and front of mind and makes you want to come to work everyday. Residents and Associates feel valued by exclusive programming such as Livin the Dream and Vibrant Life. Always on the cutting edge of the best the industry has to offer and makes you proud to be a part of it. ISL inspires reaches out to the community and inspires a give back attitude. You feel like you... are part of a caring family, not a large corporation.

Cons

Honestly very happy in my position. Feel very fortunate to be a part of ISL the past 2+ years.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be the best you can be, keeping residents and associates first. Keep working on keeping the great company Culture fresh.

Integral Senior Living2019-10-29
  2. "They truly are different!"

Current Employee - Director of Resident Programming in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ISL has assembled a team of true professionals. It is refreshing to reach out to anyone on your team and they are the expert in their field. You never face a challenge alone at ISL, it’s always a team effort.

Cons

It is a demanding industry in general; work life balance needs to be a continued focus.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the ISL Culture a priority!

Integral Senior Living2019-08-02

"Found my calling through Integral Senior Living..."

Current Employee - Regional Director of Sales and Marketing in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have truly found my calling at ISL - almost 10 years ago, they hired me from outside the industry. I was previously selling title insurance in the real estate industry, but was feeling extremely unfulfilled. I found senior living through a personal experience with my grandmother needing memory care. I was hired in 2009 at a senior living community in Los Angeles County as a Director of Sales & Marketing,... then moved to another ISL-managed community in the Palm Springs area as the Director of Sales & Marketing. In 2014, I had the opportunity to move into the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing role, which I absolutely loved from the very beginning. I am lucky to have found ISL almost 10 years ago. My life has been completely transformed by the faith and trust they had in me throughout my career!

Cons

I am traveling a great deal - which is awesome because I love to travel - but I miss my family back home. I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and I definitely want to be there for her -

Integral Senior Living2019-01-11

"A Company that Walks the Walk"

Former Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Portland, OR

I worked at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Integral Senior Living is a company that has built a highly respected reputation for turning around struggling communities within an industry that can be described as complicated at best. From its inception, ISL tossed out the quotas and micromanagement behaviors long associated with senior living and went on to create a culture that is simply unparalleled. I was fortunate to serve as Director of Sales and Marketing... for over six years at one of the communities they manage and there was not any point that I felt any pressure to do anything other than what was best for the residents and the families I was working with. From day one (with census under 80%), ISL gave me the respect and anonymity to build my department (and census.) Within a few months, we had census up 20% and we went on to average 97.5% annually for several more years. This wasn’t a fluke and could only have been done by working together within an environment based on integrity and trust. Over my years there, I developed fantastic working relationships with my competitors and found this approach is rarely offered. It’s a shame. ISLs competitors could learn something from their approach. Had I not chosen to change industries, I would have been proud to continue my relationship with ISL. And, if I owned a community and was in need of a management company, they would definitely be my first call.

Cons

The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head, is that there could be a more streamlined approach to budgeting (prior to submission to ISL and the owners.) From what I understand, in some communities the department heads are involved in fiscal planning. In others, it was unilaterally drafted by the ED.

Advice to Management

No company is perfect. Neither is any employee. On top of it, senior living can be an emotional and stressful industry. But, it is definitely one where the rewards far surpass the barriers. In a world where your choices can truly change a life, I think the executives at ISL truly set the bar. I have the utmost respect for each of them and was repeatedly impressed with the company they created.

Integral Senior Living2018-12-29

"Culture is everything..."

I worked at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Literally nothing about ISL is positive

Cons

Too many to list - read the review

Advice to Management

This company is a joke. Upper management literally ONLY cares about money - uses residents as marketing pawns and never actually listens to what the residents wanted. We were instructed to do illegal things in order to get referrals from case management; yes I’ve already reported to the proper agencies. This company needs to be shut down completely and the communities taken over by a management company with real... morals and ethics. Nothing but liars, manipulators, and snakes in charge. Run as fast as you can if you’re in senior living to take care of people, because you’ll only be taking care of management’s pockets working for ISL.

Integral Senior Living2018-11-26

"Absolutely Awful"

I worked at Integral Senior Living

Pros

Wonderful residents that are extremely appreciative for everything you do for them. Free water, Oxygen, headache's, and a free shirt you will have to wear everyday.

Cons

Very unhealthy work environment. Managers manage by fear and intimidation. Brush up on your fear, gossip and rumor mongering because if you do not participate, you will be chastised like a child. If you see a potential hazard and voice a concern about safety issues and potential injury you are now a troublemaker. Than a resident gets injured. Revolving door of management. Very deceptive sales tactics. All... advertised material is a fraud. Lack of supplies to carry out your job. Lack of personnel will force you to wear several hats. For the same pittance in pay. Most people do not know they work for ISL. But when they do they and make a complaint, you will be confronted with intolerable retribution. Place is run like a grade school playground kickball game.

Advice to Management

Put a mole in there to see what the place is really like instead of just coming up to see how sales is going instead of just feel good chit chat and filling your faces with food.

Integral Senior Living2018-08-06
  7. "An Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Integral Senior Living truly values its employees, communities and the residents they serve. ISL is always looking for progressive ways to enhance their business practices by seeking the feedback and expertise of their associates. I can genuinely say the team I work with is amazing! I couldn't ask for a more passionate, dedicated and fun group of people to work with!

Cons

None at this time - ISL lives up to their culture!

Integral Senior Living2018-04-20

"Great Company To Work For, Great People To Work With"

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ISL took a chance on my lack of experience because I have compassion. They told me they could teach me what I need to know, but they can't teach compassion. I've been with the company for more than 4-years and I continue learning everyday from my regional support, employees, and families. It's an amazing company and I'd recommend it to anyone who has the passion for helping others.

Cons

probably the same cons of any other Assisted Living Management Company...check the box reports, budgets, bottom line...you know the stuff that makes a company work. :-)

Advice to Management

Keep the basic family feel...don't lose touch with what made you successful.

Integral Senior Living2018-04-13
  9. "Difference Maker in the World of Senior Living Providers"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Director in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The ISL Culture is not just smoke in mirrors. It's real. From the Founder, CEO , CFO and all throughout the teams at each community, culture is felt. ISL goes to great lengths to recruit, promote, uphold, and take measures to protect it's culture. ISL understands the importance of people feeling heard, cared, valued, and invested in. ISL doesn't feel "corporate." It feels like family. Total breath of fresh... air! ISL wants it's leaders to have the tools and resources necessary to empower teams to deliver great care, delicious meals, and a vibrant lifestyle to it's residents. ISL continues to launch new, fresh programs so that each community can maintain the excitement and pride of living and working at an ISL community.

Cons

Wish we could all be together more often!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing to protect our diamond in the rough!

Integral Senior Living2018-04-13
  10. "Awesome Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Integral Senior Living full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Culture, promotes within often, very supportive, Regionals work along with you. Openly praises employees, encourages everyone from the bottom to the top to be the best that you can be. ISL is a company of common sense, and what you learn from ISL is definitely an advantage to your career and personal growth

Cons

you have to bee open to learning more and more about the senior care industry

Advice to Management

Please keep setting the bar as high as you do, and being an awesome example when it come to the Senior Care industry.

Found 19 reviews