Integrated Device Technology Applications Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Integrated Device Technology Applications Engineer Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.6
Integrated Device Technology President and CEO Greg Waters (no image)
Greg Waters
  1. "Very good company to work for"

Former Employee - Staff Systems Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lot of opportunities to learn about new technologies through many Lunch and Learn sections (at least once a week) and annual Technology Conference. Nice and knowledgeable people to work with. Many activities for employees to mingles and know each other. HR is good and has real concern for employees. Reasonable expectation in working time (can achieve work life balance) Compensation and overall benefits are above average. All of the above is for the time I worked there (2010-2011)

Cons

There were some uncertainty because of the company trying to transform itself. This created some angst on people mind.

Integrated Device Technology2014-09-21

"CEO has done all he can do"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of nice, hard working, dedicated people. Beautiful campus, great commute

Cons

The current CEO came into a messed up Campana and has made a lot of improvements and got the company on a better trajectory. He has taken the company as far as he can. The board should consider a new CEO now. The company has turned to desperate moves to appear more attractive to Wall Street. The executives are really now just positioning the company for their personal benefit. Employees are regularly laid off for no apparent reason other than squeezing a little more money to the bottom line. They never think of moving them into a new role. At this company HR will not help you.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO, look for talent beyond the TI good old boys network.

Integrated Device Technology2017-04-15

"Staff engineer"

Current Employee - Staff Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology full-time

Pros

Good team, great work, fast paced technology

Cons

constant change in management, need stability

Integrated Device Technology2016-07-12

"Interface and Connectivity Division is the only profitable"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Integrated Device Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good health insurance. Nice headquarter facility.

Cons

Company is still consolidating their business. Lot of frequent changes, so unpredictable career. Do not have proper customer management system

Advice to Management

Have speicific goals. Be predictable.

Integrated Device Technology2016-03-10

"Extremely cheap company in bay area"

Product Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Integrated Device Technology for more than 3 years

Pros

nice building, smart people, that is all I can think of.

Cons

This company is cheap everywhere. A lot of people are leaving. If you are new fresh PhD, do not come here. If you are a person cannot find a job anywhere else in bay area, come to IDT. You will be working more than 10 hours everyday with very low pay. The recruiter always says something unreasonable to low-ball the job offers. They even send out a couple of job offers with 0 RSU. Remember this is a company in bay area. This company only cares about MONEY!

Advice to Management

1. find good recruiting people, 2. make your guys happily working at IDT

Integrated Device Technology2015-11-07
  6. "IDT"

Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Integrated Device Technology

Pros

Good work / life balance, some very smart people, benefits are very good. I had experiences with management that were very good (they were very fair), but in some critical areas I thought I was not treated fairly (see "Cons").

Cons

Not really a lead in any field anymore (maybe clocks), going through some internal transition (what kind of company do they want to be?), they seem to have a hard time choosing products where they can fill a niche and be a leader. I also had some issues with annual reviews -- I thought my expectations were somewhat unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Need to identify a product portfolio that is relevant, in demand, and that the company can execute on. Then they need to actually execute.

Integrated Device Technology2010-10-03

"A good place for engineers to work that are heading towards retirement."

Applications Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Integrated Device Technology

Pros

Good work environment, most of the employees are very nice and eager to help. Divisions share information openly. Did not feel like there was any inter-department competition. For the most part, management encouraged you to develop your career through training. Very relaxing atmosphere, no pressure to meet deadlines or tape out dates. Flexible hours, very few worked more than 40 hours a day.

Cons

A very slow moving company, senior management doesn't like changing with the times. Everyone moves at a snails pace, and In the semiconductor industry that means the company gets only to participate in niche markets with little chance for growth. Many employees are in retirement mode, so they take 2 hour lunches and work about 4 hrs a day max. Not many are willing to go the extra mile to excel. Very limited chance for promotion. Sometimes it feels like working for the government.

Advice to Management

Take a risk! Get into growing markets. Make IDT more fast paced environment. Challege senior managers to get out of their comfort zone. Stop designing products that have been obsolete for years. Need to hire a CTO that really understands new technologies and the market.

Integrated Device Technology2009-04-03
  8. "review"

Current Employee - Field Applications Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers are more friendly and we are more comfortable as a team

Cons

Job is not flexible and no good work environment. Worse management.

Integrated Device Technology2013-08-24

"Co. survived last 10 years thru acquisition but trying to re-org for organic growth; needs more culture change."

Applications Engineer

I have been working at Integrated Device Technology

Pros

Compensation; IDT tries to match previous company's compensation package for RFT's, very commendable. New management trying to steer away from commoditized, heavily-competitive product lines for future sustainability & growth. The new management speeches sound better in the last couple years (since 2007.)

Cons

Last 10 years had significant CEO turnover; mostly bought & sold satellite companies to maintain revenue. Entrenched management drove cost vs. quality and funding; cost our group talented engineers & hi-perf reputation. Company is trying to change though.

Advice to Management

I would take a pay-cut in exchange for a focused, product line strategy that synergized all the IDT divisions (& some of the enthusiasm, authority, & confidence produced & expected at my old company.) A solution, or at least a respectful awareness for the software & firmware challenges our existing & future product lines require would be nice.

Integrated Device Technology2010-01-28