Cover image for Integrated Project Management Company

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 78 of over 81 reviews
4.3
88% Recommend to a Friend
Integrated Project Management Company Founder, President & CEO C. Richard Panico
99% Approve of CEO

132 Comments

Consulting

412.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Integrated Project Management Company~32499
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture is great for developing relationships with regular social and charity events.(in 13 reviews)
  • "The 'PM consultants' are good people to work with; always willing to help each other; the company has good medical benefits; other benefits and compensation is at par or below comparable firms.(in 10 reviews)
  • "The company culture is the best of any organization I have ever experienced.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Health benefits are great (100% for me and my family)(in 4 reviews)
  • "Integrated Project Management is an incredibly ethical and competent professional project management firm that executes and implements a company's highest level and most strategically imperative objectives.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Integrated Project Management Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Apr 27, 2022 - Project Management Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is supportive, great place to learn about new industries and methodologies in PM. This is not a ladder climbing type of company - it's about the project work and value you can deliver to like-minded clients. Great work life balance.

Cons

Business processes/tools need to be able to keep up with digitalization to remain competitive and relevant to client needs. However, grassroots initiatives are encouraged and supported by management.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thank you for the kind words and for recognizing our commitment to always provide great value to our clients. You are exactly right to recognize the importance of continuously improving all the methods by which we serve. It's a never-ending quest, and I thank you for highlighting and contributing to its accomplishment! I look forward to your reaching the first milestone anniversary of five years!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Nov 1, 2022 - Senior Project Management Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of learning across engagements

Cons

Nothing at the moment from me

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thanks for taking a moment to weigh in! It's great to hear that you are finding opportunities to learn. That's one of the fascinating things about our work. Because we work with people, we always have to keep learning - we learn so we can continue to bring value TO them, and we learn FROM them because there is something to be learned in every interaction. Enjoy the adventure!

3. Join the Integrated Project Management Company team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great Culture

Sep 16, 2022 - Project Management Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

IPM lives up to its mission. The leadership team is very supportive and wants to see you grow. They offer great healthcare benefits.

Cons

The PTO accrual rate is much lower compared to other companies in the industry.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thanks for the stars! I'm delighted that your initiation to the IPM family has been so positive. It's great that you've picked up on the Company's desire to see you succeed. It's one of the best parts of being an IPMer - we all feel everyone's success, so of course we all want to help you. And we understand that our consultants work hard and deserve time off to relax and recharge. That's why we don't include sick time in our PTO accrual as most companies do. Should you become ill, we trust you will stay home and get better - this time does not reduce your accrual. But please stay well! And I hope you stay happy at IPM for many years!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture

Aug 1, 2022 - Marketing in Burr Ridge, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best things about this company is the culture. It really is a friendly atmosphere and everyone tries to make things better. One thing I heard during my interview was that were no jerks at the company. That is very true!

Cons

They're a conservative company, which is great with an upcoming recession, but things move a little slow.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Yes, it's reassuring to know that fiscal conservatism leaves IPM less vulnerable in economic downturns. We want everyone to sleep sound each night. But we don't intend that to translate to other slow motion. Some ideas do take longer to implement, some aren't right for the moment, some just aren't right. But it's always great to share ideas - along with the reasons for resulting actions. Please keep bringing topics to the fore, and we'll do our best to align on expectations - definitely without being a jerk! Thanks for the review!

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Small Company Allows for Work Flexibility, but Comes with Pain Points of Internal Operations and Execution

Aug 4, 2022 - Senior Project Management Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at a small company does allow flexibility in living situations, opportunities to adjust schedules when needed (i.e child care, doctors appointments, moving offices/locations etc.) and working with good clients allows for hybrid work structure. Directors are very supportive of their operations teams.

Cons

Bureaucratic and slow moving for many actions outside of status quo, working on internal initiatives nothing feels as though it can be done without full executive leadership endorsement which can be very arduous to obtain. Can be exhausting to the point of deterring people from wanting to try accomplishing even minor changes to the establishment, or execute on one-off activities. Client and being billable comes first at all times, regardless of consultant development plan or respect for duration of time spent on a project. Understandable that it is impossible to provide all employees with dream projects 100% of the time and it is understandable to need to work through projects you may not always feel excited about, but Client reigns supreme and if they want you specifically, or if a program continues to be extended (despite original contract time commitment), you can find yourself stuck on a project far longer than you expected rather than provided opportunity to swap with another colleague and move onto another engagement. HR support is only physically located in Chicago office, meaning familiarity with other region's laws and HR policies is minimal, which has resulted in multiple issues (i.e. processing maternity related policies, estimations of cost of living adjustments, etc.). Directors power to advocate for their people and influence managing directors/executive management can be fraught with copious amounts of tedious politics and can result in minimal ability to actually execute on key requests made by consultants. Very religious company, can be taken as pro or con based on your perspective. Listing here as a con as a personal stance.

2 people found this review helpful

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thank you for the thoughtful and comprehensive response. There is no doubt that resource planning/project assignment is the linchpin to operations. We do try very hard to satisfy our consultants' desires while fulfilling our clients' needs, but a perfect match is not always possible. Thank you for sticking with us, and for pointing out other areas where we could improve. I'm sure you know our two-word mantra, "Culture and Quality." Embedded within it, continuous improvement is part of our fabric. We will always keep trying to be better. Thanks!

7. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Aug 1, 2022 - Project Management Associate in Burr Ridge, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture, great benefits, opportunity for growth/ development, great work- life balance, veteran friendly

Cons

None to mention thus far

Integrated Project Management Company Response

We'll do our best to keep your "Cons" list very short (though we certainly never claim perfection!). Thanks so much for joining the family and taking the time to post the review.

8. 5.0

Great people, great company

Jul 5, 2022 - Executive Assistant in Burr Ridge, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is unlike anything I've ever experienced. They truly care about their employees, both professionally and personally. They want it to feel like a family. It's a also a very collaborative, team-oriented, all hands-on-deck type of environment.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative since I started at the company three months ago.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Welcome aboard! And thanks for posting a review. Hope you'll continue to love our culture (it's now part of your responsibility to keep it amazing!) Please report back again!

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not for everyone

Mar 29, 2022 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about you as a person and the company manages to ensure everyone always has work. Really great people work here. Depending what you are looking for and where you are in your career this could be a great place for you. Medical coverage is superior to most other companies.

Cons

To be clear it is a Christian company, not necessarily a con, it just depends if you feel comfortable praying in a work setting. The prayers are always led by someone of the Christian faith, so that is why I say Christian and not "spiritual". There is limited diversity and the company believes diversity should happen organically, so again - depending on your point of view this might be a pro. Limited ability to influence the culture or the business strategy. It is an insular company, promotions are awarded with a lot of emphasis on tenure along with the job requirements and they rarely hire anyone into senior positions from outside the company. Salaries and 401k matching etc. much lower than consulting and life sciences norms. (The only exception is medical - which is a major pro.)

4 people found this review helpful

Integrated Project Management Company Response

Thank you for posting your review - and covering a broad range of topics. It would be lovely to discuss them all over a glass of wine, but in lieu of that, I'll just make a few comments: - You couldn't be more accurate - really great people work here! - We are a spiritual company, and many of us, including the founder, are Christian. His beliefs formed the foundation for treating everyone fairly, with respect and dignity. Our Fundamental Values (Spirituality is one of them), influence the caring behavior you mention. However, our people are of many faiths and, in some cases, no faith. We don’t usually know. Bottom line is that all are welcome and respected here. We simply ask the same in return. - The culture is 30+ years in the making, and yes it's guarded. In the end, that is best for everyone. - We are proud of those we promote based upon their leadership conduct, accomplishments, contributions, and potential; knowing them well helps ensure the sustainment of our culture. Thanks for spending time as an IPMer. We wish you all the best!

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Worst

Sep 13, 2022 - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not much…super outdated company with not a great salary and benefits package. Was better during Covid because didn’t have to go into the office.

Cons

They do not publicize the positions for what they really are. A lot of turnover in the last few years.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

I appreciate your taking the time to submit a review. It's encouraging that you see a positive business outlook for us and approve of Rich, though I surmise you'll be leaving IPM soon. The current job market has most certainly caused higher turnover, and yet we've always known some turnover is inevitable - consulting is not for everyone. Despite your multi-year tenure, perhaps that's the conclusion you've reached. If we can be of assistance in finding you a position more to your expectations, we would be happy to help. Even in separation, family members help each other. Thanks for all your contributions!

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great for PM experience across industries

Mar 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great career exposure for Project Managers a good amount of well known clients with complex projects caring company

Cons

not much diversity in company leadership small privately owned company without a lot of career growth internally, but the programs led by the consultants are great for exposure and responsibility.

Integrated Project Management Company Response

You're right! We are a caring company, and there are ways to connect with folks without being face-to-face. I hope you know that Rich agrees and has started "Heart to Heart" talks as a way of connecting. (Not to mention Coffee For Two and other fabulous programs sponsored by our Culture Connection groups.) Still we are eager to see everyone live and in person for our May staff meeting. Hope you'll be there! (And thanks for submitting your review!)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Reviews
</>Embed

Integrated Project Management Company Reviews FAQs

Integrated Project Management Company has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 81 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Integrated Project Management Company to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Integrated Project Management Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Integrated Project Management Company. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

88% of Integrated Project Management Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Integrated Project Management Company 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Integrated Project Management Company to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Integrated Project Management Company Job Seekers