Integrated Regional Laboratories Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "HISTOTECHNOLOGIST"

Current Employee - Histotechnologist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Histotechnologist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Integrated Regional Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have an excellent payment

Cons

The laboratory doesn't have a good schedule time

2. "Super low pay for the amount of work"

I have been working at Integrated Regional Laboratories full-time

Pros

Will gain experience with a wide array of clientele

Cons

lowest pay I've been offered in my 8 years of laboratory work, very unorganized with the schedule, hired as processor but pulled all over the lab if there's not enough staff, not appreciated

"No work-life balance & tedious processes"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant / Accountant / AP Clerk in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Integrated Regional Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Note: I apologize in advance for being so direct, Im only stating what I wish someone would have told me.

CFO and Controller are amazing!! Very friendly and don’t hold their titles over their heads like at most companies. Very respectful and always have their doors open for suggestions. I believe turnover rates would be much higher if they weren’t as professional, friendly, and had that fun personality. Overall department is definitely alive and positive.

Perfect position if your someone who lives alone and your okay making this job your life.

Cons

Not your typical 9 - 5 at all. Turnover rate in this department is extremely high for 1 – 2 reasons: 1) No work-life Balance; 2) Everything is a manual process\tedious.

If you have family, kids, school, and other commitments or obligations, DO NOT apply!! You have no life or time for family. I resigned after a few weeks 'cause I refuse to put family & kids through what everyone else was comfortable doing. Typical workday is always busy and runs 9am to 6-8 pm (with a 30 min lunch). Month end close & Budget period gets extremely busy and not like most companies - Expect to be in office as late as 12am (midnight) and then work all weekend (including holidays).

If your a staff accountant, you are technically an AP clerk except for during closing, budgets, and frequently asked to assist or work on other task. EVERYTHING is manual entry, thousands of excel files, data scattered among multiple systems, and no consistency at all. No offense, but it would be faster finding invoices or files in shoe boxes at a recycle plant.

Advice to Management

I`ve worked with/for bigger companies and never heard a month end close being this tedious, requiring employees to stay until 11 pm - 12 am then continue through the weekend. The issues appears to be with your process and multiple systems. Consider adopting to newer technology with a more compiled systems or hire 4 - 5 more employees. No need to have 8 – 10 different systems for each division.

Consider starting a flexible pay system. Not fair that you don't pay employees extra if they work 9 to 15 workdays, but are quick to short pay for a day for personal reasons (emergency, medical, etc..) which would easily be made back up in a few of days.

Board Members should consider visiting the office one day during closing or be an Undercover Boss. Might open their eyes to see how hard employees work and how exhausted employees get. The human body can only take so much before you start losing concentration or starts shutting down. Employees have a life and family as well; just because your okay not spending time with family or not seeing your kids grow up, don't expect all employees to feel comfortable doing the same!

4. "Very flexible"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Integrated Regional Laboratories part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very flexible with hours
    Appreciate the employees

Cons

Base salary is low

5. "department was moved to IRL from HCA"

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in New Port Richey, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Integrated Regional Laboratories full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

nothing changed with the move

Cons

not a smooth transition at all. pay checks wrong from the beginning even though nothing changed

6. "Lab assistant III"

Current Employee - Laboratory Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Laboratory Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Integrated Regional Laboratories part-time (More than a year)

Pros

room for advancement, benifits, everyone who is here has been with the company for yrs, accomandation to your schedule ie school or other job

Cons

nothing i can think of

7. "Lab Assistant II"

Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Integrated Regional Laboratories part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. The laboratory is very organized and well kept up. The work is easy and runs smoothly, if you come in with the purpose of doing your work.

Cons

They pay what they want to who they want, not according to your experience. You have to constantly check schedule for changes, or you will be penalized. Instead of being notified of updates. To much unrelated job matters thst causes confusion.

Advice to Management

Times for shifts need to be reevaluated. Investing in employees for professional development is strongly recommended.

8. "Medical Technologist"

I have been working at Integrated Regional Laboratories full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, 401k, tuition reimbursement

Cons

No growth, no chance for advancement

"Former employer"

Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Okeechobee, FL
    Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Okeechobee, FL

I worked at Integrated Regional Laboratories (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, pay is ok

Cons

No work/life balance, staff likes to file false reports on employees

"Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Earned good benefits after 17 years

Cons

Annual raises are a MAX of 2%

Advice to Management

HCA must work to improve salaries of mid-level staff otherwise the turn over rate will continue to increase.