Integrated Research Reviews | Glassdoor

John Merakovsky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Project Manager"

I have been working at Integrated Research full-time

Pros

Great people, and great culture.

Cons

some growing pains, but dedicated to open solving of problems.

Advice to Management

keep the focus!

"Solid software company that cares about its people"

Current Employee - Finance & Accounting in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Finance & Accounting in Denver, CO

I have been working at Integrated Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I work regularly with senior management and they genuinely care about the well being of the employees
    -Extremely generous HSA contribution
    -Fairly flexible work arrangements

Cons

-Denver is a sales office-some people like it, some people hate it, but sales is the top priority
    -Inefficiencies from outdated systems and processes; especially in finance and accounting this leads to some very late nights
    -Culture could use some work; definitely NOT a typical software company
    -Interview process is almost insultingly long and tedious

Advice to Management

Please streamline the process for interviewing-we shouldn't be asking people who don't even work here yet to go to six interviews (different days, of course), sometimes with the same people AND take a four hour test.

3. "Sales at IR"

Pros

I learned a great deal about sales process and closing techniques from the US CEO. Most of what I learned I still utilize today at my current company. There are a lot of very smart people with whom I learned a lot from. Most of the employees are willing to go out of there way to help.

Cons

Instead of top performing sales people getting more and more opportunity, territories and opportunity tend shrink over time. The sales process is micro-managed.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunity to top sales performers. If tough decisions need to be made, include the person(s) most effected in the decision making process.

"Denver Sales Office"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Integrated Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excluding management, great people to work with.

Cons

Management, not innovative, no growth potential, very dated technology, buggy code, lack of direction.

If there were any competition in the HP NonStop monitoring space these guys would be long out of business. The VoIP product is cobbled together from their original, ancient, code.

Advice to Management

Stay right where you are so I never have to work for or with you again.

"Fast Paced Environment with Opportunity for Growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Integrated Research (More than 8 years)

Pros

Though a seasoned company (around 25+ years), there is a continued drive to innovate and move quickly into and across new markets. This drive is sustained through a fast paced 'change' culture - providing continuous opportunity for personal growth and career advancement. Management from the top down is focused on continual improvement and employee development.

Cons

As a relatively small company (not unlike any other small company) resources are thin and there is a need to continually review priorities - often resulting in difficult short term resource decisions to ensure long term success.

Advice to Management

continue to invest in your employees, looking to engage and develop them at each opportunity.

"Great place to work, up and coming"

Current Employee - Global Alliance Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Global Alliance Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Integrated Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great dedicated and smart people. Great company to make a personal impact. Can-do attitude from the board of directors and CEO to the field sales and system engineers.

Cons

Challenges all smaller companies face; resource constraints and the need to make difficult trade-offs. Smaller companies require individuals to contribute outside their job specific role.

"Used to be warm, glowing and rising, now is cold and flat and scary."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Integrated Research (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some very bright people have worked and do still work there.
    So many challenges with the product and processes, that growth may still be possible by fixing these things. They serve a tremendous base of customers.
    A VERY casual environment. Fun if you like to work and speak with little or no filter, but now that new trend in hiring is taking over, of people willing to rock the boat for their own gain, expect this to be their Achilles heel.
    Company provided fruit, coffee, snacks, etc...
    If you find the right clique to fit in with, it can be fun place work and friends can be made.

Cons

The company can't get out of its own way. As somebody reviewed before, a small percentage of the company seems to do the bulk of the work, and bluffing a resignation is still a very common tactic to get rewarded.
    The R&D of the product is falling back into its old habits of reactionary fixes often causing more harm than good.
    Proper care for the customer should always naturally beget high customer satisfaction, but now IR finds itself straining to "force" customer care to restore lost satisfaction.
    Top talent has been starting to voluntarily leave and is even now being sacrificed so the company can save face and cover-up bigger issues.
    HR does not hold all of the cards, which is the sole purpose of that department. They will act when needed, but only at the direction and the will of the top dog. The EEOC should have their eye closely trained on this place because when the corrupt cops are the puppeteer to Internal Affairs, then Internal Affairs can never stem the corruption.

Advice to Management

I'd offer up advice to Management but it's so hard to expect any changed outcome when everybody knows that one guy really runs the show here. If corporate IR is listening down in Sydney, I'd strongly advice you to watch that your golden boy doesn't crumble the entire US operation over the next few years. Success isn't only measured in year over year growth, it also reflects in the whole of entity, I think Darc genuinely knows this but he's half a world away. And it's not a good sign that your top US achievers continue to leave, and that "shock & awe" firings are seen as an actual technique for calming stormy waters that have been and will always be, stirred from the top down. I'm confident that IR will continue to find superficial ways to keep that pooch looking happy through its single pane of glass, but the tail wagging the dog can only last for so long.

"An honest review from 5 years in sales at IR"

Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Integrated Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Significant career opportunities. People who can take on more responsibility are given it, and once their ability to perform is proven a promotion typically follows (not just a title change either).
    Well differentiated product - I worked in the sales organization for 5 years, and all of our competitors compared themselves to us. Some were cheaper, others tried to do things differently, but we were the gold standard and it helped win very large deals.
    Profitable company with good investment profile - The products are positioned as a premium solution serving enterprise customers, which is what drives their profitability and ability to make consistent, long term investments (when I was there they invested 20% of top line revenue in R&D, which is very good %).
    Great CEO, Great Leadership in US - When the new CEO came on board a couple of years ago he helped craft a very clear vision for where the company needed to go based on feedback from the entire organization, and then most importantly redirected significant resources (read R&D, marketing, and sales $$$) to make it happen. US Leadership is world class (they drive a huge amount of the company's revenue so its one of the most critical roles) and was probably the biggest reason I stayed as long as I did.
    Empowerment - Whenever I had an idea at IR, I was given significant latitude and resources to make it happen. Once you've built a track record of success, the level of control and freedom to make big decisions can almost be overwhelming if you're used to a more centralized decision making environment. Per the above on leadership, I never worried about the politics of what if I failed or it didn't work out. I always knew the leadership had my back as long as I was putting the needs of our customers and the company ahead of my own (if you're selfish or you can't execute a good idea, empowerment may be a different experience at IR (or anywhere)).

Cons

The work from home policy wasn't great (I did have flexibility if I needed it, but encouraged to head in). 2-3 years ago marketing was behind where they needed to be, but they have made some significant strides and seem to be on the right track. There are some challenges in coordinating with Sydney due to timezones and I suppose it depends on the role to determine how big an impact that might have. In sales it wasn't that big of an issue as they were willing to jump on calls at all sorts of hours to accommodate customer schedules, you probably just need to ask about it and make sure you're comfortable with what's required. Overall it's a high performance culture for sure (especially in the US), so if you're looking to coast or hide not the place I would recommend (it'll show up very quickly). Salaries and pay seemed normal based on market rates (not high or low) - if it was such an issue not sure why other reviewers accepted the job in the first place, but I never once had an issue with variable comp being paid for deals closed.

Advice to Management

Continue investing heavily in products, look at more flexibility for remote work (especially in roles that require significant travel), and invest more heavily in communication/collaboration technologies to make global collaboration easier. I left for personal reasons, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to a friend.

"Great company with career advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Integrated Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Product is well positioned in strong market. Small company but is flexible and provides career development opportunities. IR usually promotes from within as opposed to hiring externally so great place to advance career. Strong technical, sales, support, and finance resources. Excellent healthcare benefits. CEO is great and most IR employees are confident in his abilities to lead this company.

Cons

Needs to be more flexible on work from home policy and better hardware technology, i.e., laptops and headsets.

Advice to Management

IR is a great company. Just need to develop a more contemporary work from home policy and continue to provide career development opportunities to existing employees.

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Denver, CO

I have been working at Integrated Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, friendly people, awesome work ethic

Cons

I am still working on it

Advice to Management

keep on going