Intel Corporation Reviews in Folsom, CA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Intel Corporation CEO Brian M. Krzanich
Brian M. Krzanich

Pros
Cons
  • Amount of work can be consuming - you have to find your own work/life balance (in 443 reviews)

• Kind of busy in such a big company (in 210 reviews)

1. "Intel's values and style can accomodate almost anyone in a positive environment to work."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Folsom, CA

Pros

Great quality of work, challenging, many networking opportunities, great benefits, treat the employees well.

Cons

It's very large so it's hard to get to know the group you work with on a day to day basis.

Advice to Management

None

"great people, varied opportuntiies, strong w/l balance, commitment to community"

Current Employee - Senior IC in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Senior IC in Folsom, CA

Pros

great people, varied opportuntiies, strong w/l balance, commitment to community (support for volunteering, etc) .... SABBATICAL (8wks plus your vacation that year, every 7yrs). I've also really enjoyed the opportunity to move to different sites over my career and different groups. People are very open to mentoring if you ask.

Cons

can be a tough environment, confrontive. Also, you have more control over your career and some people don't like that, some seem to prefer being shown where to go/when, i like the openness as means you can change your answer over time (and i have several times).

Advice to Management

inspiring is important in addition to great technical skills in our leaders

"I love it here, but as with any company, some changes could be enacted."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Folsom, CA

Pros

I love working with cutting edge technology - it's exciting tobe involved in a company that is creating rpoducts of the future. I also appreciate the opportunity to create my own job. I get to decide what my team needs and I'm given the authority and responsibility to go out and create it - how cool is that?? I also very much appreciate the flexible work schedule.

Cons

I do work very hard and have long hours. Sometimes the "hurry up we needthis right now" is exhausting. Lack of planning on the others part causes me to have to run around like crazy and if I push back I'm considered not a team player. Additionally, there is so much change half the time I have to abandon projects because they are no longer relevant. Lack of stability is an issue.

Advice to Management

Work on building a trusting and safe environment. Treat people with respect and dignity and actaully give priase! It's amazing what celebrating success will do for your team. team building events are important and sometimes youneed to let go of engineering/deadlines and actually let people breathe.

"A great corporation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Pros

Lot of interesting work, very good benefits

Cons

Not very good work-life balance
    Diffused decision making
    Too frequent re-organizations

Advice to Management

Fewer re-orgs
    Take the leadership in defining processes/decision-making across organizations - don't rely on troops lower down to drive that

6. "Exceptional Place to Work"

Former Employee - Intern in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Folsom, CA

Pros

Great work/life balance, pedigree of staff fosters personal and professional development

Cons

Cubes, and lack of face-to-face business meetings due to global business

Advice to Management

The internship program is world class

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Undergraduate Technical in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Undergraduate Technical in Folsom, CA

Pros

Interesting work, great people, provided with all the resources necessary to get the job done.

Cons

Many of the problems inherent with large companies. Bureaucratic, lots of office politics, they favor h1b visas over american employees, and advanced degrees are given priority over actual skill and performance.

Advice to Management

Making diversity a priority over meritocracy is the reason Intel's stock price hasn't moved in ten years.

8. "A solid technology company in a global economy"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Folsom, CA

Pros

It is a great technology company with a very solid foundation in the global economy. Life within Intel resembles a college campus in many respects and you are given ownership of your own success within the company.

Cons

It can get very political although that might just be the group within which I work. It is generally easy to move within the company to new roles although that is complicated by the economy at the moment.

Advice to Management

"A great place to work but not a place for the passive."

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Folsom, CA

Pros

Exposure to some of the industry's best leaders. Being in a position to really drive important changes.

Cons

politics, travel can be demanding, intra site politics - the usual big company stuff. the place is full of high energy type-A people.

Advice to Management

keep going

10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Folsom, CA

Pros

Great salary, great people, and a great job. I have worked here for 20 years and have enjoyed every second of it (almost)

Cons

Meetings are often a waste of time. Dealing with management can be frustrating at times. Sometimes feel like there is more red tape than necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

11. "Plenty of Opportunity to Shine, WLB suffers though"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Pros

Good Company Name, There is plenty of opportunity to take on new roles if you wish, competitive salary, equal opportunity provider, respects the employee,

Cons

Global company using a location 12 hours time difference with west cos (india) makes WLB impossible. The bottom line is king to the detrement of employee meed to consider other locations for good engineering skills, like the US.

Advice to Management

Provide better connection for (non-product) groups with the corporate vision.
    Keep working On improving review process ( focal) it's better but needs more work

Showing 497 of 8,827 reviews