Intel Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

7,964 reviews

Full-time Part-time

7,964 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Amount of work can be consuming - you have to find your own work/life balance (in 445 reviews)

• Kind of busy in such a big company (in 211 reviews)

1. "Working in Intel"

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Cutting edge technology and Best work culture, working with best of the talent.

Cons

Compensation benefits can be made more competitive..

2. "Large Corp in MAJOR state of FLUX!"

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary & benefits.
    Ability to move around the company and take on new and different challenging positions. Some really great co-workers and colleagues were found throughout.
    Lucky enough to have some great managers during my tenure.
    Support of charity and education causes.

Cons

Seem to have lost focus, as well as ability to articulate strategy so those who need to support can do so. Terribly disappointing....
    Executive decisions do not always appear to support the real changes that are need.
    Poor people management in general and no real interest by the company overall to make this a priority. Affects overall morale of individual contributors and doesn't entice those who could/should be managing/leading people to want to do so.
    Overall company culture has taken a turn to the negative in the last few years.

Advice to Management

For 3/4 (the 1st 75%) of my time at Intel it was solid company with good management, but the last 3-4 years or more have seen a turn in what felt like the wrong direction. I have interest in the companies overall success even though I am no longer there and I do hope the board (who can help with shifts that may be needed) along with executive management are taking seriously the negative culture shift and how this will impact the company long term (inside and out). I hope to see some positive changes that make me as an outsider now able to feel good about the company again and really see the continued advancement, growth and success that has been a part of the company for so long! It's not just about the money, brand and how the world see's Intel is critical!

3. "good work life balance"

Pros

good work life balance . no hierarchy

Cons

very slow growth and lot of politics

Advice to Management

hire strongly technical people for engineering roles

5. "Intel company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very structure, no constraint on internal transfer, two parallel career path, management and technical.

Cons

Too many meetings, not very efficient

Advice to Management

have more accountability structure to award the success and punish the failures

6. "Good place to work but..."

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Intel offers good work-life balance in the industry. You will be able to work and learn along side many talented and hardworking people. For fresh graduates, it would be a good idea to explore other opportunities once you have obtained a certain levels of experience

Cons

As with most big companies, bureaucracy runs rampant within the company and the focal ranking system. In certain teams, the appearance of productivity trumps one's achievement over the year.

Advice to Management

Management needs to own up to failures and stop selling ideas that are likely to be a fad. They should instead anticipate future market trends and focus on projects that could have long term growth potentials; and not having to do catch-up all the time.

7. "Good C&B, Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

best bonus payout, offer restricted stock unit for employee retention. great career & softskill development

Cons

high expectation. slow in decision making process

8. "VP Finance"

Pros

Salary is at the upper end

Cons

Opaque management makes execution of strategy difficult

9. "Analyst"

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Benefits and at work culture

Cons

Management, hard to move around

10. "Not a place for over 50"

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart and focused co-workers. Good pay benefits.

Cons

At will employer, employees must sign agreement that employment can be terminated for no cause. Can be argued that Intel used this to eliminate positions based on age. Ranking and Rating system designed to turn co-workers again each other.

Advice to Management

Need leaders who respect their employees and see them as more than just fungible parts that can be replaced without regard to skills or abilities.

11. "Business Architecht"

Current Employee - Business Architect in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Architect in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Intel is a great company with a rich history. Intel takes pride in being an American Company that manufactures in the United States, and yes we also do manufacture globally. Unless, you have a poor manager, Intel offers an employee to take their career where you want it to go, there is not just one path. You will be exposed to many smart people, you learn to look at people to what they bring to the table via their brain.

Cons

Intel is an interesting company in that it is engineering in it's history. That blindspot does tend to defocus Intel from time to time. I also think Intel is slightly cultish at times to a fault. I separate the top MCM team, because these are all rich people, from the large masses at Intel, for the most part I have traveled and learned about people and worked on teams where we have accomplished quite a bit. Intel's Supply Chain (where I work) is consistently ranked in the top 5 in the world, the sky is the limit. However, and this is important do not let you lust for advancement bypass a poor manager, a poor manager at Intel will take you out or at best make your life miserable until you find another job. Seek out like minded career goal oriented people and build a network, this will come in handy down the road, when a cool job opens up or you want to leave a horrible manager. Network, network, network, never take anything for granted.

Advice to Management

Quite frankly I love the strategic direction our leaders are taking us, it's exciting. I would really try to take the engineering hat off for one minute and not treat people like a Stalin Purge, when you want to fire older workers. Also, you really need to stop moving the goal posts, even though you have said for months ACT is over, people don't trust you. Reflect on this? Why don't people trust any word coming out of your mouths?

Showing 7,964 of 8,839 reviews