Intel Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Reviews

Updated November 9, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • depending on role your work life balance may be non-existant (in 501 reviews)

• Kind of busy in such a big company (in 232 reviews)

"worst company to work for"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros here ! Seriously worst comapny

Cons

BK who is the ceo is an IDIOT. graduated from SJSU. He is leading the company to hell

Advice to Management

Fire all of you

Intel Corporation Response

Mar 20, 2017 – HR Legal - Social Media Program Mgr.

wow - it sounds like you're really unhappy working @intel. As you know, we want Intel to be a great place to work for us all, and we'd like to hear from you if there are specific things going on in... More

"Disgusting experience"

Former Employee - PTD Module and Integration Yield Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - PTD Module and Integration Yield Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, good pay, good locality, everyone is hardworking and lots to learn. Everyone has more things on their plate than they can carry...so work is never ending so should know how to take your time off before you get burnt out

Cons

Bureaucracy, the company doesn't care about the employees, we had a new manager to our group and he had a very bad track record, 8 engineers left his group in less than an year and also heard of a rumor that he asked one of his engineers for a 1:1 meeting at around 1:00am to make her take responsibility of his mistake. I had some very bitter experiences with him as well. He screwed up my focal and got fired due to mass lay offs. I appealed my layoff and also had many email exchanges with the HR but was of no use. It's very interesting that the management backs this manager who has a track record of losing about 10 engineers within one year. They treat every employee as a machine. No work life balance and too much politics. Focal is a joke..they just give good numbers for those who are in good looks of the manager. If you are not in good books of your manager just get transferred to other group or look for another position. They just scheduled a 1:1 and told that I am fired. They did not even let me come to my cubicle.

Advice to Management

Listen to the engineers as well..not only managers!

"Senior Researcher"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High salary, big company with many opportunities to try different jobs.

Cons

Politics, not competitive employees, human resources are there to support management only

Advice to Management

Fire all low level managers

"No work/life balance"

Former Employee - Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High tech job looks good when applying outside of the company.

Cons

Work life balance isn't a priority. Positions related to the fab often require an all day/every day work expectation. I went through extended periods averaging at least 1 phone call between the hours of 10pm - 5am, so had to sleep with my laptop next to my bed. During the day I would often work evenings and weekends. My manager offered promises to help resolve the crazy work expectations, but they never came to fruition. Co-workers I knew had health impacts due to this high work load. The management culture simply doesn't value their employee's health or personal lives.

Advice to Management

High rate of turnover among PhD level positions is an indicator that something is wrong. In addition to creating anti-Intel sentiment among employees, a high turnover is also extremely inefficient.

"would not recommend to anyone as a first choice"

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

technology learning is great
    nothing else to appreciate in this organization

Cons

Poor management
    Non-transparent work environment
    Unprofessional practices
    Lack of innovation
    A lot of crappy internal politics
    An organization looking for robots and bozos instead of innovators and folks with work ethic

Advice to Management

Nothing can be done with this corporation except auctioning it
    dying organization

6. "Financial Analyst"

I worked at Intel Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are amazing! Free drinks and fruit!

Cons

CEO is digging Intel's grave. Middle management are tyrants that have free reign to destroy employee moral and reduce headcount.

Advice to Management

Instead of moving your problem children around, get rid of them. Keep works that add value not ones who are surfing the internet all day long.

7. "Poor HR."

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have nothing good to say

Cons

The HR dept did not do a thorough job when investigating the issues I had with a co-worker. this led to my termination after 5 years of employment.

Advice to Management

do a better job with HR

Intel Corporation Response

Mar 6, 2017 – HR Legal - Social Media Program Mgr.

It sounds like you were unhappy with the way your HR-related investigation was handled, and for that we're sorry. As you know, we highly value Intel as being a Great Place to Work. We'd like the... More

"Good place to start, but they'll ditch you right when your family needs the most support."

Former Employee - Component Design Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Component Design Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A world-renowned company famous for its microprocessors. It is an amazing feeling to start a career at Intel.

Cons

Long hours and project cancellations, sometimes after years of work. Layoffs of many employees over 40 in favor of contract and H1-B labor, all while management is complaining they can't find skilled people in the US. "Loyalty" is expected to flow upwards and not down.

Advice to Management

Get out from under the boardroom table.

9. "Analog Engineer"

Former Employee - Analog Engineer
    Former Employee - Analog Engineer

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the leaders in CMOS foundry/manufacturing technology. Have good healthcare benefits. If you work for seven years you get a sabbatical. Descent retirement benefits.

Cons

No work life balance, absolutely none. Work environment is very much a silo-model. Management cares about one thing and only one thing, the schedule. Unrealistic schedules which burns out employees. You can get pigeon-holed into one type of assignment. When you leave, it is hard to find another job, because of your limited knowledge (no breadth). Additionally you work with CAD tools which the rest of the industry is not familiar with.

10. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of budget to do very simple things
    A lot of possibilities if the marketing organization can get their act together.
    Easy KPI and very simple view in modern marketing
    Very exciting technology

Cons

The new HQ leader for regional marketing seems to be clueless. This is led by next level of clueless-ness. Only cares about budget spent, no one seems to care about the outcome. A lot of red tapes to get simple thing done. The management setup many committees with a lot of people making comments. Lots of talk, no action. It seems like a lot of people are responsible for very small functions. Everything is about having beautiful PowerPoint slides.

Advice to Management

There is no agility in marketing. HQ should trust the region in doing their job. Have proper KPIs.

Showing 381 of 10,319 reviews