Intel Corporation Reviews in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"design engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of formal trainings for each project. Lots of opportunities but most time managers will block your moves from one field to another field. they prefer you out of Intel instead work for the filed you like.

Cons

Create an environment that makes Employee fight each others like cat and dog. Managers allocated extra resource to meet tight schedule, then kick out the ones they don't take into their inner circles. Annual reviews based on relationship with managers more heavier than contributions.

Advice to Management

Attempt to utilize employee maximum potential capability to improve productivities instead of step on each others. 1/3 resources can be reduced.

"GM ISV Business Develoment"

Former Employee - GM Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - GM Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging technical enviroment. Lots of bright employees

Cons

Confused about Future strategy. Ageism creeping into personnel decisions. Brutal personnel ranking process.

Advice to Management

you have more employee morale issues than you realize and getting rid of those people isn't the answer/

Intel Corporation Response

Jul 25, 2017 – HR Legal - Social Media Program Mgr.

Hi - as you know, we want Intel to be a great place to work for us all. Sounds like maybe you're familiar with a case that runs contrary to our best intentions. If you'll send any details to... More

"Intel won't treat you well"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in Intel makes your life shine in others' eyes. Indeed, it's a good brand with a legendary history.

Cons

Intel won't treat you well in every single aspect. It's a big company, where you are a small screw. No matter how well you perform or how much you sacrifice your time, the company is numb to reward you.

You are not a priority in everything small. There is no free food. It's an old company. It doesn't feel grateful for people who work hard for the company's good. And it doesn't really care if you work here and you love to work here. What kills is that there is no dinner when you work after-hours. Hunger and thirst are your best pals. The canteen which you must pay and tastes like hell is closed. Vending machines will be accompanying you. And it's another place you can't owe money.

You are also not a priority in everything big. Intel is generally reluctant to pay you. Currently, I'm enjoying my low 10th percent salary of the bay area. I have a near-zero stock grant, no year-end bonus or any rewards that can distinguish my effort from others. But two month ago, I finally had an astounding raise in the salary when my manager ranked my last year as successful. And the raise for the successful was 2.1%. I can't thank the company too much for this, because it even didn't reach the US inflation rate! When my manager presented the number to me. I was startled, utterly speechless and faint to argue. The company that I paid homage to with the faith and worked for with the belief treated me in the way I can only describe as shabby and mean. I've trying to quench my anger, frustration and desperation for 2 months. But I found it's much harder than I thought.

Soon after my onboarding day, I found the company is filled with people passionless. Now I understand why, because I've become one of them.

Advice to Management

The CEO reacted to the pay problem on a quarterly meeting. And he said the investigation team he dispatched has concluded that Intel's pay is still competitive in the market. That simply sounds ridiculous.

4. "Strange team"

Former Employee - Buyer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Buyer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company but strange team

Cons

Strange team, manager unresponsive to team

Advice to Management

Review, revise and change

5. "Product Development Engineer"

Current Employee - Product De in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Product De in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to switch jobs within a company , Multi disciplinary

Cons

Politics(buzz word:networking) over talent, takes 2x time compared to a similar company for promotion, Middle-management is the bottleneck

Advice to Management

performance measurement should be based on work done compared to the amount of networking one does.

6. "Project Analyst Technical"

Former Employee - Writer, Editor, Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Writer, Editor, Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, flexible schedules

Cons

Management was often blind to the need for efficiencies on the ground level, and spent more time playing politics with each other than leading successful teams.

Advice to Management

Look beyond your team and your role, and see how best you can aid your employees.

7. "Platform Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Platform Engineering Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Intern - Platform Engineering Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern

Pros

Decent benefits. One of the few companies still offering sabbatical. Lots of smart people working there, room to grow.

Cons

Grey. Lots and lots of grey cubicles where I was working. They are making changes to improve the work spaces, but it will be a while. Also the full time pay is on the lower end of the spectrum for bay area salaries.

"Long Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sabbatical, Good people, good health benefits

Cons

Horrible Public Transit options in the Bay Area
    No frills, very cheap

Advice to Management

You say your employees are your number 1 asset; Put your money where your mouth is.

9. "Not the place it used to be."

Current Employee - Legal in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Legal in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really smart, hard-working people. Sabbatical program gives much needed time off every 4-7 years. Free fruit (limited to one piece per day so make sure you get a good one).

Cons

The place has lost its way under the new CEO. Political infighting. A culture of fear. The values are all talk no action. Don't make waves.

Advice to Management

Don't be the next Marissa Meyer.

10. "Good compensation, poor upper management."

Former Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good compensation and benefits.
    People are smart and motivated.
    Interesting problems to work on.

Cons

The employee review system is set up to force a performance distribution, whether or not there are any poor performers or not. Managers are forced to give bad ratings even if all of their people are performing well.

Advice to Management

Value experience and don't force performance distributions where there actually aren't any 'poor' performers.

Showing 87 of 9,994 reviews