IntelliGenesis LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Angie Lienert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Admirable Professional Growth Potential"

I have been working at IntelliGenesis LLC full-time

Pros

The personal and professional growth potential at IntelliGenesis is something to be admired. This is one of the best places to "get your foot in the door". You can start off in one position and grow into another. IntelliGenesis listens to your professional and personal goals and helps you reach them. I, personally, started in one position and within a year a new position was created for me based upon where I saw my professional career going.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

"Outstanding Leadership"

Current Employee - Georgia Site Lead/Program Manager in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Georgia Site Lead/Program Manager in Augusta, GA

I have been working at IntelliGenesis LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for almost five years and have never met a more caring and dedicated leader than the president and CEO. My job experience in the intelligence community spans over 35 years and I have worked for Flag Officers and Executive Level Department of Defense leaders. I would rate Angie Lienert as the best. She continuously puts the needs of employees first. Her business savvy when seeking out new opportunities speaks for itself. This company has shown steady and continuous growth since the day I joined the team. The genuine concern she displays for each employee is reflected daily by her personal touch in reaching out to family members to assist in time of crisis or to congratulate them on accomplishments. There is no better place to work than IntelliGenesis and the atmosphere that Angie and Dan have established makes it the small business of choice for intelligence professionals.

Cons

I have encountered no cons since joining this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing taking care of the employees and their families.

3. "Intelligensis LLC"

I worked at IntelliGenesis LLC full-time

Pros

Professional working environment and many training opportunities.

Cons

Smaller company with limited contract vehicles.

"Great company with amazing benefits!"

Pros

This company offers amazing benefits as well as a great work/life balance. The CEO is very family oriented. She offers so many free events for the employees and their families: six flags, hershey park, orioles games, parents night out and a summer picnic among many others. We have top notch health care benefits, 100% tuition reimbursement, unlimited training, very generous PTO and 401k matching.

Cons

Nothing. I can't think of a better place to work.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the great job and continue to provide a great place to work!

"Awesome Company"

Pros

The CEO is involved and values hard work. She rewards her staff on jobs well done as a group/individually. The senior management of the company takes the time to listen and truly understand millennials which is rare in Defense Contracting. The benefits are a hidden gem and the very best! Not many companies will ensure that you can further your education & training, ensure professional memberships in organizations and be very generous with vacation upon employment. The office staff is exceedingly helpful and they keep us on track like a family. The CEO meets with each employee at least monthly if not more so, we are very lucky to have involvement at this level!

Cons

None, employees who work for this company are lucky and have opportunities that are very rare and cannot be found in other companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It is wonderful to see the fostering of development, mentorship and true work-life balance!

6. "Can't find anything better"

Current Employee - Contractor in Fort Meade, MD
    Current Employee - Contractor in Fort Meade, MD

Pros

They have the best benefits, attitude, support, and management from the CEO to my PM. All of the activities and events make me feel appreciated.

Cons

Sorry to say, I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing but don't lose the small company caring.

"Manipulatrive CEO who doesn't care about employees' careers"

Pros

If you enter in to the company in your dream role and don't need to grow professionally, then cozy up to the CEO and she'll treat you like one of the family.

Cons

It's obvious the CEO has favorites, and if you're not one of them, even if you're outstanding employee otherwise, don't expect to be able to advance in your career. One of the advantages of a small company should be that you can try a variety of roles and responsibilities, but some roles are reserved for the CEO's favorites. In general, I wouldn't post this because favoritism is so subjective, but i'm posting to confirm a previous negative psting is absolutely true!

And while they do have good benefits, as a defense contractor, there are other defense contractors with equal or better. They like to tout their benefits as being the best.... And when you leave, if you aren't a favorite, they don't pay out your PTO, so zero out your vacation before giving notice.

Advice to Management

When you solicit feedback, don't get angry when you are given an honest, polite but constructive answer. Also, if an employee expresses interest outside of their current job scope, don't give them the ultimatium of staying put in their current role, or else they will be asked to leave the company. If you're unwilling to let an employee build their career, let the unhappy employee leave without drama.

"Poor Company Leadership"

I worked at IntelliGenesis LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their sales pitch is excellent.

Cons

They are unwilling to allow individuals to advance beyond what they would like to do, putting the company's needs above the employees career. They feel threatened if this is brought up, will lie if necessary (I have proof in email/text) and have a CEO claiming 100% disability from the Veteran's Association and is still able to run a company. They're very fond of the at-will clause.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they deserve, not like you want them to stuck in a career when other options are clearly available.

"A fantastic company to work for...!"

Current Employee - Senior Mission Manager in Fort Gordon, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Mission Manager in Fort Gordon, GA

I have been working at IntelliGenesis LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From my first days with the company (more than two years ago) it was made abundantly clear that IntelliGenesis was a company whose primary goal was providing mission experts to the customer - not putting as many butts in the chairs as possible in order to drive up revenues. But IntelliGenesis is about even more than mission experts - they've worked very hard to ensure that employees maintain a good balance between work and play. They've taken a very good package of benefits to another level. Pay your tuition? Sure, but they've even gone so far as to set up an all expenses paid company-specific program at a MD university to take interested employees from novice to CISSP. How about an Individual Tech Bonus that you can use to pay for your cell phone bill and/or internet bill, among other things. Company outings? What company doesn't, but how many small companies have season tickets (for employee use!) to MLB, NFL, and NHL teams? I could go on and on and on, but you get the picture.

Cons

The only "con" would be that due to the current economy and budget situation IntelliGenesis has been unable to expand operations to the Texas Cryptologic Center.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - the cream always rises to the top!

"A family that cares"

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Augusta, GA

I have been working at IntelliGenesis LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The willingness of management to listen to concerns of employees, act on employee recommendations, and change if change improves the company.

Always looking to expand the company, offer new benefits or make life better for the employees.

Believes you never stop learning and is willing to pay for those constantly want to increase their knowledge.

Cons

Having only been with the company for a year, I can say my only Con with the company is that sequestration has restricted our growth.

Advice to Management

Don't stop what you do for the employees and keep you management style like it is. The company benefits from your leadership and will grow as the economy improves.