Intelliloan Reviews | Glassdoor

Intelliloan Reviews

Updated 17 Oct 2019

4.2
Intelliloan CEO Darryl Preedge (no image)
Darryl Preedge
Pros
  • "If you want to make a lot of money, and think you have what it takes to be the best, you'd probably be a good fit(in 7 reviews)

• "Super cool work environment, all your co-workers eventually turn into friends because you spend so much time together(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but the pay makes it worth the time spent(in 6 reviews)

• "You can't care too much about coworkers or clients and work crazy hours in an ever changing workplace; that's why there is such high turnover(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Start a Career"

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Family like atmosphere -Opportunity for career advancement -Training -Transparency

Cons

-Office gets cold -No phones in building -Long hours but the money is worth it

Advice to Management

Not much, keep up the good work!

Intelliloan2019-10-18
  2. "Excellent opportunity"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional learning environment, collaborative, family like feel.

Cons

There are none I am aware of.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture employees for growth.

Intelliloan2019-10-14
  3. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- They treat you like family - You give respect you get respect - Hard work is rewarded - Always been understanding with schedules - Competitive pay - Never a dull moment - Laid off workers often return and get offers to return

Cons

Nothing other than the typical mortgage industry cons of periods of heavy workflow and always risk of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Keep doing what you are doing.

Intelliloan2019-10-14
  4. "Great Place to Propel Your Career"

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time for less than a year

Pros

management family environment training straight forward feedback goal oriented training and work

Cons

cold in the office phones aren't allowed in building

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

October 14, 2019Director of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We will work on making the office temp warmer. Our cell phone policy is in place to protect our clients' sensitive information. Thank you for understanding. We try and provide plenty of breaks and nice spaces you can take a breather at.

5. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Home Loan Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong communication from management and a clear idea of what they expect ensures you can perform your job with little issues. They will assist if you require any sort of help. Culture is friendly and not at all fake. Would recommend.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep going! Love this place y’all are not only nice but competent.

Intelliloan2019-10-08

October 14, 2019Director of Human Resources

Hello, thank you for your review! We are very happy that YOU are happy, and we will continue to do our part to help you be successful.

"Absolutely no employee loyalty"

I worked at Intelliloan full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are several genuinely good people here who want to see you succeed. They really made working here enjoyable. Pretty good training offered for every department, as well as free snacks.

Cons

My biggest issue with this company is that they view their employees as dispensable. People are constantly getting fired or quitting, and the company doesn’t care about the people working at the bottom of the totem pole, because there’s always someone else to take their place. Whoever is sitting next to you one day may not be there the next - or maybe, you might be the one to be there one day, and gone the next. If... you are serious about working here, don’t slip up, and know what you’re getting into. They don’t care about you as a person.

Advice to Management

Lighten up. Give clear expectations to your employees, so that they know exactly what you want.

Intelliloan2019-08-30

September 3, 2019Director of Human Resources

Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate that you recognize the positives, we do strive to make this an enjoyable and comfortable environment for everyone. We are sorry to hear that you felt dispensable. We invest time and energy into employees and our goal is always individual, as well as company growth. We will continue to make adjustments and improvements and we value your feedback greatly. We wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

7. "Awesome Opportunity To Get Your Foot In The Door"

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Their training program is designed for those with no experience and allows for people to learn the industry from the ground up. The managers provide you with the initial training material and they invest a lot to make sure that people are learning and are being set up for a successful career as a licensed Home Loan Specialist. I came in with no knowledge or prior experience and I'm currently learning so much. The... licensed home loan specialists are making so much $$$, so I can't wait to get promoted and receive those big paychecks! Even as a Home Loan Specialist I (before you get promoted), there are still plenty of opportunities to make extra cash...they offer a lot of bonuses and cash incentives on top of your hourly pay! This definitely is not for everyone, though. Only those who are diligent and career driven will succeed. I've seen a lot of people come and go and noticed that only those who are committed and goal-oriented stick with this type of work. It's not easy talking to people all day, but if you have the confidence and motivation, you will definitely have an amazing opportunity to make a lot of money while helping people out! Everyone in the office is friendly and willing to help each other out, so if you're looking for a place that offers room for growth, this is the perfect place to be!

Cons

Dealing with rude clients sometimes

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Intelliloan2019-07-16

August 13, 2019Director of Human Resources

This review made our day, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are so pleased that you are learning and we are confident your hard work will pay off $$$! We understand that sales can be tough, if it were easy everyone would do it! We appreciate your commitment, diligence and ability to handle our clients with respect. We look forward to your promotion and guiding you to long term success.

"Sit Down, Shut Up, and CALL CALL CALL"

Former Employee - Home Loan Specialist I in Irvine, CA

I worked at Intelliloan full-time for less than a year

Pros

-If you are looking to become a loan officer this is a direct route to becoming one. -It is cold calling, but they give you pretty good scripts to memorize to make your calls easier. -Free snacks in breakroom (not the best snacks but it is better than nothing) -Management can be helpful if you reach out to them for advice on how to do your job better.

Cons

-They usually don't tell you in the interview that this is a direct route to being a LOAN OFFICER. So basically, you either become a loan officer or get fired before your four months are up. (Four months is the typical timeline for you to become a loan officer). -HEAVY MICRO-MANAGEMENT. If you have to go to the bathroom outside of your 2 ten minute break periods or lunch period, expect a snarky, "You were gone for... three minutes." remark from management. Can't eat anything during calling. -They claim the company has a family culture, however if you talk to the person next to you for too long management will snap at you for not taking your job seriously (Hard not to talk to people next to you during times when nobody is answering their phones). -Cold calling. They tell you it isn't cold calling because they are people who inquired their services, but it is in fact cold calling. 99% of the people you call are people who inquired with Lending Tree, not Intelliloan. You will do nothing but cold call the entire time you are there. The only time you will leave your desk (without getting yelled at) is during your two breaks, and during lunch. That's it. -Turnover rate is very high. Whether it be people quitting or getting fired. You will usually do training with a team of new hires, and I can almost guarantee you your team will shrink within a couple weeks. -No phones allowed in building

Advice to Management

Quit preaching to people that they are going to be making boat loads of money once they become loan officers just because one person had a good month. Don't get mad at your employees for having to go to the bathroom during their 8+ hour shifts. Don't boast about how the company is a big happy family but then get mad at employees for talking to their neighbors. I don't understand how you can be family with someone if... you can't even get to know them. Quit micro managing!!

Intelliloan2019-08-20

August 26, 2019Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate and value your input. We strive to make the workplace enjoyable and fun, however we understand there are always ways to improve. We aim to be transparent about our program and will continue to work on improving our communication in order to set the right expectation. Thank you for your insight and for helping us make Intelliloan a better company for everyone. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

9. "Haven't been here long, but looks to be an awesome opportunity!"

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time for less than a year

Pros

No experience necessary, they help prep and guide you through the process of getting started in this industry! Friendly atmosphere, everyone works hard and helps each other succeed. Plenty of snacks, great opportunity to make some big boy money, but have to put in the effort. Smaller company, so opportunities exist.

Cons

Requires quite a bit of work during personal time at the beginning, but hopefully it'll all be worth it soon! A bit cold in the office, with bad ventilation (but might be all the renovations happening in the building). It also starts off not so glamorous, but gotta pay your dues! It's a rapidly growing, smaller company, so the constant changes may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! There are def some growing pains, but doing a great job trying to keep up with the demand and maintaining a positive work environment!

Intelliloan2019-07-03

August 13, 2019Director of Human Resources

Hello and thank you for your review. Your input means a lot to us, as we value your happiness and want all in our organization to succeed. It definitely takes time and hard work, we are glad you see the payoff! We are constantly meeting and brainstorming ways to decrease the stress of an ever changing and growing environment. We pride ourselves on giving our employees opportunity for growth. Thank you for being part of our positive culture, and please let us know where we can make improvements.

10. "I love this place!"

Current Employee - Home Loan Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment! The managers truly care about you! They give you all the tools you need to succeed! Lots of overtime, fair pay, TONS of snacks!!!!! If you want a career and be about people who want the same this is for you!

Cons

Long hours, on the phone all day, strict schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

Intelliloan2019-05-15

August 13, 2019Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are incredibly proud of our employees and want to ensure you are satisfied with your compensation and of course rewarded with SNACKS!! We know how much dedication it takes to be on the phone for long hours, and we truly appreciate how you take care of our clients. Thank you for all that you do.

Found 90 reviews