Intelliloan Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Darryl Preedge

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you are willing to work for it then you can make a lot of money here (in 5 reviews)

• Intelliloan provides a positive work environment and culture (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • You can't care too much about coworkers or clients and work crazy hours in an ever changing workplace; that's why there is such high turnover (in 3 reviews)

• Long hours, but it's mortgage, no surprise (in 3 reviews)

1. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Uhh... where do I start? The list is kind of long so I'll give a brief run down:

1. Opportunities for growth and advancement (to say the least).
    2. Amazing peers that became family! I've made more life long friends here in the last four years than I have my entire adult life.
    3. A mortgage platform that has literally benefited the lives of so many people, inside and outside the company.
    4. Managers that care and want you to succeed.
    5. Stability, this industry has seen many recessions. During those times, many lenders either close down or get bought out... that has never happened at Intelliloan.

Cons

We used to have endless complimentary snacks. Do you know how great that was? Then the ants came...

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within. Hold more company events because they're always a blast!

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

normal full time hours, good lead campaigns, great training system for current and up-and-coming loan officers. The owner (Darryl) knows what he is doing and just wants everyone in his company to succeed.

Cons

no cons to speak of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

3. "Good place to start"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Started as a Junior Mortgage Banker entry level and was given full training on how to pass the NMLS Test, Daily sales training/feedback requires thick skin but prepares for over the phone sales. Very competitive pay rate for what the position entails, a lot of room for growth, great place to start and learn the business.

Cons

Hours can be a bit long at times.

Advice to Management

Can't think of anything, management is pretty cool.

4. "Junior Mortgage Banker/CSR"

Current Employee - Junior Mortgage Banker/Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-supportive and encouraging work environment. I've had the pleasure of working here for 3 months and can say all my coworkers are friends to me
    -honest loan officers. I'd highly recommend most if not all of the loan officers that work here to my own family. They seem to have a genuine interest in all the clients that I send out to them and want to make their lives better when possible
    -compensation for college-educated junior mtg bankers is the best i've seen. the pay is far more than most call centers

Cons

this is not a 9-5 job. if you're not willing to work 45+ hours a week, sales is clearly not meant for you. Greatness and rapid improvement is expected of you if you choose to work here. Not for the lazy or those unable to take unfiltered criticism. The better you get, the more responsibility you are given

Advice to Management

keep everyone motivated and excited for new opportunities. I think people respond best to new challenges and feel encouraged when you put some faith in them

5. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive comp plan, family orientated environment, given a surplus of leads, good work-life balance, room for growth.

Cons

No cons so far at all

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

6. "Not a great company, Better out there"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They play music.. Great place if you are a newbie and need a place to burn leads while perfecting your craft.

Cons

All Cons.. Pretty depressing when you walk on the floor and the floor is 3/4 empty. They post bogus positive reviews to offset the real reviews.. Production manager comes in at 10:30 am, surfs the internet for a couple hours, leaves for 2-3 hour lunch and than goes home.. Leads are recycled, Owner emails you when you get your 1 new lead for the week telling you to close it, They literally recycle leads.. You pull credit on a borrower and the next week the Csr's will transfer that same borrower to another loan officer.. You pay back your hourly which is a violation of CA labor law.. You reimburse them for license renewals. High Turnover.. Owner enforces wearing a tie but doesn't wear one himself.. Just a complete embarrassment.. Oh and nobody is making money.. 3-4 fundings is the norm.. 6-7 for top guy.

Advice to Management

Leads aren't good, managers don't know loans and the owner interjects himself in everyone's pipeline.. Reeks of being desperate..

7. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, great managers that don't micro manage, opportunity to make a lot of money, stable company that's been around for a long time. It's very hard to find a reliable mortgage company nowadays and this is one that has proven stability.

Cons

Long hours but extra money so I can't explain!

Advice to Management

I've got a great manager named Kevin. He always gives positive motivation, doesn't micro manage and is just all around a good guy. Can't complain about management. I will say that I would love to see some team building activities but that's pretty much it.

8. "Customer Service Representative/Junior Mortgage Banker"

Former Employee - Junior Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA

I worked at Intelliloan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My workers were wonderful people, we got along very well.

Cons

Like any mortgage lending firm, the environment is very competitive and stressful.

9. "Good Place to Make Money if You Work!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Intelliloan full-time

Pros

Excellent Support from my manager, Aggressive approach to approving loans, Customer first mentality.

Cons

Plenty of Hours, Some systems could interface better.

"My experience work with Intelliloan"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Intelliloan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very reliable, flexible, and above all else there is room to grow with the company!

Cons

The mortgage market is unpredictable

Advice to Management

My manager Thomas Gossage has been an absolute pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend to anyone that is trying to get into this industry to go through intelliloan's CSR program!