Intelliloan Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2021

4.7
Intelliloan President Darryl Preedge (no image)
Darryl Preedge
Pros
  • "Super cool work environment, all your co-workers eventually turn into friends because you spend so much time together(in 12 reviews)

• "This is a transitional position for people looking to be loan officers(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours of sitting on a chair(in 18 reviews)

• "The call flow has been great and i already have funded loans(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Very friendly work environment

Apr 2, 2021 - Loan Officer Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

• The training is very comprehensive and intimate allowing for questions. A common motto that I have heard often is that we always learn something new every day. • Well integrated and streamlined system • Very friendly work environment • Consistent training on new systems to optimize and improve productivity

Cons

• It does require some initiative. There are many knowledgeable people at the company, but if you ever want to learn something new, it’s important to take that first step.

Onboarding Concierge

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We look forward to working and learning together!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

From 0 to Loan Funder (relatively quick)

Dec 4, 2020 - Loan Funder in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am currently a Loan Funder and have been in the mortgage industry and with Intelliloan for just over one and a half years. I started off as a Junior Processor and I loved the fast paced life of mortgage. Thankfully, everyone was very patient and willing to teach me the ins and outs and how to become more efficient. I wasn’t sure I wanted to continue as a Processor so I asked if there were any other departments that needed help or had opportunities for me to learn and transition into, and my wish was granted. I was able to join the Funding Department where they welcomed me with open arms and taught me everything I needed to know to make myself an essential part of the team. I easily adapted to a new department, and quickly learned how to train new employees which has made me much more experienced and successful at what I do. I’ve had all the opportunities to learn, grow, and move up in the Funding Department. We have a great team and are able to have a good time while completing our tasks throughout the day. Intelliloan has welcomed me with open arms and has given me so many opportunities to move up in the company that I’m not sure I would have gotten at any other company

Cons

We've been slammed with work since quarantine started and the rates dropped, so the hours have been long to keep up with the volume but at least we're employed and being put to work and not sitting around all day!

Onboarding Concierge

Hi there, we love that you discovered a new avenue. That's what we are all about, developing and helping each other grow! Thanks for sharing and we look forward to the future.

3. 5.0

Rewarding and worth it!

Jan 15, 2021 - Home Loan Specialist IV in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Intelliloan for over two years now and the amount of growth and knowledge I’ve obtained here is more than I ever could have expected. I have enjoyed this experience, it is truly rewarding and worth it. Intelliloan has a family like atmosphere and the employees are kind and warm and always willing to help and offer guidance as needed. I feel my manager has my best interest in mind, which is extremely important to me and my ability to grow within the company. Unlike other mortgage lending companies, Intelliloan has been in business since 1993 and has successfully weathered the turns of the economy, which makes me confident I chose the right company to work for. If you are willing to put in the hard work and be open to Intelliloan’s training process, there’s no doubt you can be successful.

Cons

Stressful at times, you need to be able to adapt as the market changes.

Onboarding Concierge

Hi there, thank you for the review! We really appreciate your feedback, hard work and dedication. We are so glad you have been able to thrive here and you are an integral part of our fabric. Wishing you continued success!

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not the best not the worst

Apr 21, 2021 - Home Loan Specialist II in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

catered food for certain occasions

Cons

Breakdowns with management lack of transparency

Onboarding Concierge

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your input is important to us and we can always make improvements. We value our employees, current, and past. We will continue to strive to adapt to the ever-changing environment and wish you well in your endeavors.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

There's no other company I'd rather work for

Nov 20, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management genuinely cares about your input and wants to see you contribute to the team. Enjoyable work culture with monthly catered lunches, holiday contests, music playing all day. It's a laid back environment but if you're dedicated and hardworking it does not go unnoticed. There are opportunities for bonuses, contests, and raffles regardless of your position. There is no micromanaging and your coworkers are friendly and kind. It's a great place to move up and the owner wants to see his team succeed. Definitely a great company to be a part of!

Cons

High demand/essential industry expects long work days, but it's worth the reward. Work hard/play hard atmosphere.

Onboarding Concierge

What a nice thing to say! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly value each person that joins our work family.

6. 5.0

Great leads!

Aug 24, 2020 - Mortgage Banker (MLO) in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at a few different places over the last 3 plus years. Places with a handful of people and places with thousands of people. Intelliloan is big enough to compete with the big lenders but small enough so that you don't feel like just another number. The size of each team is also small enough so that you can get help from your manager should you need it. The environment is also very positive and one where you don't feel like you are being micromanaged just for the sake of being micromanaged. The leads are also top notch. Their home loan specialists that transfer over the leads really do a good job of making sure that the pottential borrower is actually interested in getting information. Very rarely will I get a difficult call. Intelliloan has also done a really good job of stream lining the whole process and keeping it simple. As with any mortgage company, you are expected to put in your hours, but the compensation is well worth it.

Cons

Sometimes it can be frustrating not knowing what needs to be done on the processing side to make a loan close.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

grateful for the opportunity but company culture was not healthy

Mar 28, 2021 - Home Loan Specialist I
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay was good,OT was often available

Cons

company culture was not too good

Onboarding Concierge

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate that you found some benefits. We will continue to work as a team to grow and improve.

8. 5.0

The Intelliloan Family

Nov 2, 2020 - Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Intelliloan for nearly three years has been nothing less than exceptional. The opportunity to gain an understanding of the mortgage industry is what truly sold and ultimately helped me take the leap of faith to come work with Intelliloan. Initial training was provided with employees of the company, and also the President/CEO. Intelliloan holds a corporate atmosphere, yet frankly I believe the environment to hold more of a family type of culture. Overall, I sincerely appreciate everything that the company has provided me with throughout my career, and I look forward to advancing my knowledge even further within the years to come.

Cons

no cons to list at this moment.

Onboarding Concierge

Hi, thank you so much for this. This is what our leadership has always strived for and we are thrilled you are part of our vision. We will be here to support you in your future endeavors.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent sales training and support to start a career in the mortgage industry

May 27, 2020 - Home Loan Specialist I&II in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From my first day working management was very transparent on what to expect and what was needed in order to succeed working here. If you needed any help or advice on how to improve they were always available to help out but it won't be given unless you ask so you must be proactive in doing so. The more effort you put into trying to improve the more you will succeed and enjoy the work you are doing. Although you are on the phone a lot it is much less daunting after the first week. Despite it being competitive and goal-oriented work everyone that worked here was really friendly and it definitely made it much more enjoyable. They pay you well and you make overtime so it makes the long hours worth it and good benefits are available.

Cons

Working some weekends and you will need to put in outside study time to prepare for your licensing test, however this is really for your benefit. It is competitive in nature so numbers play a role in tracking your performance but don't let this stress you out and just focus on improving.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

A great family to be a part of

Nov 12, 2020 - Senior Loan Underwriter
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Great pay base and bonus 2) Flexibility with time off 3) Challenging yet fun 4) Awesome co-workers 5) Loyalty and hardworking is rewarded 6) Overall great place to work

Cons

1) although not necessarily a con, periods of overtime is required throughout the year 2) occasionally required to work weekends given the industry 3) also not necessarily a con, but there is a sense of drive to complete tasks in an efficient manner

3 people found this review helpful

Onboarding Concierge

Awesome!! Thanks for the review. We appreciate your hard work and for making Intelliloan fun. :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 138 Reviews