Intellisphere Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael J. Hennessy

Pros
  • It is a very fast paced constantly evolving workplace with tight deadlines that is never boring (in 5 reviews)

• Mostly good people to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons

1. "Fresh out of college"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Intellisphere (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, taking time to make sure new hires get to experience things, good base pay, office in good condition

Cons

Very high stress, take time to let managers actually manage, not great manager training, immediately after I started I was assigned big tasks

2. "Salary"

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Intellisphere (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot in a short period of time

Cons

Too much pressure from upper management

Advice to Management

Upper management needs create a more stable work environment

"Fast growing company, Great facility, Opportunity to learn."

Current Employee - Editorial in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Editorial in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Intellisphere full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great team, rewarding work
    - Opportunity to travel to conferences
    - Approachable HR - always checking in
    - Great new facility

Cons

- Not an "employee first" company culture
    - Very poor work/life balance
    - Doesn't pay well
    - Direct managers, unable to "manage" people
    - Leads by fear

Advice to Management

If you are targeting hires right out of college, you must change approach to "company culture." More internal events, cater to each individual vs. company as a whole, better work/life balance, less "cut throat" nature.

"Save yourself the trouble: Listen to Glassdoor reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at Intellisphere full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only real "pro" that I can come up with for my time at MJH was the fact that I was gaining project management experience. That's about it.

Cons

Listen, I understand that usually Glassdoor is filled with disgruntled former employees that are bitter and angry. The truth of the matter is, is that you need to read these reviews. The fact that there are so many of us who have had a poor experience at MJH speaks volumes.

With that being said:
    - Management does not care about you whatsoever. There is little to no investment in the employees.
    - Supervisors do not provide positive (or negative) feedback whatsoever. You are just expected to figure things out on your own.
    - Coworkers have all checked out because the conditions are pretty futile over there.
    - Underpaid.
    - The environment is terrible. Don't come here expecting to have any semblance of fun.
    - Very strict atmosphere. It's very much come to work, sit at your desk, and don't stop working until 5.
    - There is always an "educational" element. Management can't just let staff have a Christmas party without there being some sort of educational catch. Hold on. They didn't even give us a Christmas party, so scratch that.
    - HR literally gave me my desk on the first day and no one bothered to check in on me to see how I was enjoying the experience.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees. Stop tacking on extra work for your employees. Get rid of this "Founders Mentality" that no one has a clue what it is except for you. Quit the scare tactics.

"Project manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Intellisphere full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn a variety of functions

Cons

None to little training; very unstructured

Advice to Management

Put training protocols and clear job description in place

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Plainsboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at Intellisphere full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like to be a "YES" person or wear tight clothes and high heals you will go far. They want young people with no voice and experience. So if you are right out of college and looking to fill up your resume with a healthcare company apply.

Cons

The word maximums doesn't allow me to go on but trust me if you like to be micromanaged this is the place to go!! You not only have to answer to your manager but the upper management too who walk around on their high horse checking in to see what you are working on constantly!

Advice to Management

Let the people you hire do their jobs and back off! So much for equality in the workplace.... You treat women and employees like we are disposable... Very disappointing since I was referred and an employee for 3yrs but came to a time where I had enough and was time part ways... Sad to see sexism still goes on in the corporate world

"Growing Company"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Plainsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Intellisphere full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, strong talent in every department and a ton of opportunity to grow as the company is growing exponentially. They are moving into a beautiful brand new building in a few months to accomodate this growth.

Cons

I have been here for 6 weeks and have not seen any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Good Opportunities"

Current Employee - Content Manager in Plainsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Content Manager in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Intellisphere full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Satisfying work in interesting markets
    • Good opportunities for advancement
    • Great people to work with
    • The company is growing
    • Good level of employee autonomy

Cons

• Might feel like too much work for those used to down time
    • Might need to attend many meetings within a week
    • Crowded office space right now, but moving to a larger facility soon

Advice to Management

Keep offering employee incentives, such as as quarterly awards, bonuses, and summer hours

"Great for gaining expereicne, horrible for most everything else."

Former Employee - Sales in Plainsboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales in Plainsboro, NJ

Pros

There is great earning potential for employess who are young. The skillset that you obtain from working here is also fantastic and can be widely applied to many other jobs outside the company depending on the department you are put in.

Cons

No career development within company. Think of Glengarry Glen Ross - this is it in real life. Highly competitive environment fosters resentment among colleagues, managers, and company leaders. It's a family run company, and at the end of the day, they make decisions not based on merit but on blood. What you earn is heavily dependent on who you get as your manager and the opportunties that are given to you. Creating opportunities for yourself is nearly impossible. If you are in sales, you will really learn how to sell ice to eskimos because the products are hard to legitimately stand behind.

Advice to Management

Nothing that I say here would ever be taken into consideration.

"Run."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at Intellisphere full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. I have not one positive thing to say about this company. At. All.

Cons

This is the most disorganized company I've ever had the unfortunate luck to work for. Four to six people crammed into offices along with filing cabinets and boxes is illegal and a fire hazard, I'm sure.

Furthermore, Executive Mgmt. may be respected in the industry for knowledge and experience but is feared by subordinates and colleagues due to their fear monger mgmt style. Turnover is high and there is no loyalty whatsoever. Speak up, or stand up for yourself, after being berated and humiliated in front of your colleagues and you can kiss your job goodbye. I'm actually amazed that the Department of Labor hasn't launched an investigation, as they notice how many unemployment applicants list Intellisphere as a previous employer.

The CFO is an absolute moron who likes to demand but only because he can't perform the functions himself.

The CEO seems like a genuinely nice guy until you hear him yelling and cursing at an employee for some inexplicable reason.

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing but you do, and it's to not work here if you value your career and reputation.