Inteplast Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "stable but low pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

I have been working at Inteplast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

extremely stable company, low stress

Cons

low pay, hard to advance

Advice to Management

pay more..

2. "You don't do electrical work, you do process technician work. Resetting and rebooting computers"

Current Employee - Electrician in Morristown, TN
    Current Employee - Electrician in Morristown, TN

I have been working at Inteplast (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance is the pro to the company. If you're a chosen favorite you become immune, sit back with your feet up and watch everyone have to come behind you and fix your mistakes

Cons

Company cut backs are constant, every shift rotation you'll come back into work after several days off and see what the company is taking from you now, all to save a dollar they are willing to risk the happiness and moral of their employees. Want work boots? $75 a year is all you get, that's 1 boot. Good luck getting any tools you get the hand me downs starting out and when you finally get new tools, they are generally the cheapest junk they can find.
    Have to wear hairnets, beard nets, safety glasses and ear plugs

Advice to Management

Bring back the perks to inspire your employees so they come into an environment they enjoy and want to come into work, if someone wants overtime just let them work it, if they are willing to spend 360-365 days of the year in your plant you have someone special don't lose them. Quit cutting every single thing just to save a few pennies while you're winding thousands of dollars of plastic every few minutes. Finally, limit work to what people's job titles are, electricians should not be involved with a process engineer's or process technicians job, create a process technician job to alleviate that.

3. "My life in the death star."

Current Employee - Technician in Lolita, TX
    Current Employee - Technician in Lolita, TX

I have been working at Inteplast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really the only good thing about inteplast is, you know your schedule. It is set up until the day you die. Youre really only working 15 days a month but still get overtime. Unless you are salary or work for maintenance. Then be prepared to get called out. Constantly.

Cons

Ugh. There are way too many. #1. It is hot. Really hot. Really really hot. Alot of departments never really get enough break time to cool off. #2. You are a robot. Less than a robot really. You are just a part of the robot. Dispensable. They are ready to throw you away at a moments notice. #3. There is absolutely zero room for advancement. I have been there for 13 years. Im a technician A sr. Have been for 9 years. My shift supervisor has been a shift supervisor for 22 years. All of the shift supervisors and lead techs have been stagnant for at least 10-20 years. You wont move up and they dont want you to. #4. The place is inherently dangerous. Managment will fire you for getting hurt even if its their fault. Ive seen it happen numerous times. #5. Think you have a way to fix a problem? Nope. Even though you did fix it, your engineer best friend WILL get the credit for it no matter what. Skilled labor will not work there. The starting pay is less than bucees in most departments. So far we have lost our pensions, and now we are starting to pay more and more for our health insurance. Pretty soon that will be gone too. Not sure but i think there is no more company match on our 401k either. Its only getting worse.

Advice to Management

Advice for managment. Thats kind of funny. I can see my words going in their left ear and stalling. Just for one second behind their eyes, as i hope and pray that they just might get it this time. Then just as quick, my words fly right out their right ear. Like they never existed. Only thing i can say is that they really, really need to listen to their senior technicians a little more often than their junior engineer interns. And for the love of mike, figure out a way to cool the place down! Billions of dollars in profit and you cant afford to figure out the ac systems?

5. "Avoid this place if you can"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

I worked at Inteplast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable, low turnover rate.

Cons

Work can be somewhat challenging, but only because the company structure and procedures are so disorganized. Very little room for advancement, which means there is no reward for your hard work.

Advice to Management

Actually let go of incompetent employees, and adjust starting salary levels to attract more talent. Reduce redundancy in reporting.

6. "terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

I have been working at Inteplast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent health insurance and benefits

Cons

don't ever expect a pay raise unless it's 5 cents a year

7. "Ask Yourself What Is Important To You: Job Security or Work/Life Balance"

I worked at Inteplast full-time

Pros

Job security....the only way you can get yourself fired is if you mess up big time. Still offers health insurance, which honestly, takes a huge load off of the living expense. They also have matching 401K.

Cons

A lot of unnecessary work procedures, which make you work overtime (without the overtime pay). Management was trying to put a stop on overtime work when I left, but that really doesn't do anything if the employees still have to do the same amount of work.

Advice to Management

Review your work procedures and perhaps even upgrade your IT system.

8. "Blah"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Inteplast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity due to turnover, good benefits, large company that is financially stable.

Cons

CUlture sucks. No trust, not given tools necessary to succeed.

"Soid place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

I have been working at Inteplast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is very little turnover - you can build a career here if you want
    It is a very flat company - you have access to the division presidents and senior management

Cons

Not open to new ways of doing business
    A high level of micromanagement

Advice to Management

Trust your staff more

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Livingston, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst in Livingston, NJ

I worked at Inteplast (More than a year)

Pros

Steady work and not particularly stressful. Benefits are decent but getting worse. If you have the right job in the right department you could coast pretty much until retirement.

Cons

Very top-down, hierarchal company. Decisions are only made by a very select group of upper management which do not allow for any accountability for middle-management.

Not a lot of room for growth. Very set in their ways and not open to any suggestions for any changes to anything.

Extremely tight with money and decisions are only made by a very few people.

IT systems are usable but very dated. IT group is extraordinarily difficult to deal with.

Advice to Management

Modernize the IT systems. Clear out dead weight to give opportunities for younger, dynamic people to bring the company forward. Let managers manage.

11. "salary"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Inteplast (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere to work for

Cons

not pay enough for the hard work put in

Advice to Management

Be Fair