InterDent Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.6
Marshal Salomon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Happy employees are productive employees"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at InterDent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with InterDent just a few months, but I am so impressed with the compassion a corporate can have for its patients. I came from one of Gentle Dental's competitors and the theme behind their success is money...not patients. I'm so happy to work here and truly take care of my patients

Cons

We work long hours. The hours are compensated. Working here requires hard work to make dentistry convenient for the patients

Advice to Management

I've worked here too little time to advise management at this time

"Practice Manager"

Current Employee - Practice Manager
    Current Employee - Practice Manager

I have been working at InterDent full-time

Pros

Excellent Compensation and Benefits
    Benefits available after 60 days FT
    Excellent support/training from upper management
    Bonus system
    Opportunity for advancement
    Knowledgeable Mentors
    Great Culture
    expense reimbursement

Cons

Unable to remote access email/network from home

Advice to Management

Great support to practice management and positive mentorship. I've learned a lot about team building and metrics since working this position and the support for decision making is refreshing. It would be great to be able to access email and schedules from home.

"I LOVE MY JOB!"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at InterDent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family oriented, always opportunity for advancement, fun and light work environment.

Cons

I personally do not have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "Insufficient Pay, Hours, and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at InterDent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a corporate practice, so everything is well regulated, updated technology and equipment, and many locations to work at.

Cons

Everyone is underpaid. You will never even reach the state average (in this case, Washington), and hours are questionable. If the schedule isn't full, assistants are sent home. If they cancel, you're forced to take a longer lunch, come in later, or leave early. The benefits aren't as great as they seem, the medical hardly helps, the dental can only be used at Gentle Dental/InterDent, it takes a while to accumulate any PTO, and you can only request time off if you have the PTO to cover it. There's also little to no room for any kind of growth within the company. Pay between employees of the same title and experience is considerably unequal. Case in point, between myself (a lead dental assistant and the only assistant in my office) and another lead assistant (with the same amount of experience and who has a second assistant), I am being paid $3/hr less than her, and $2/hr less than her second assistant. My hours are also much weaker than her and, despite being full time, I don't even remember the last time I got 40 hours in a week.

Advice to Management

Pay the employees what they deserve and pay them the same as what others of the same title and experience have. In addition, certain managers need to be trained in having empathy and compassion for their employees, and learn not say such cold/callous things.

5. "So far, so good"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at InterDent as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I’ve been with the company for a few months now and see a lot of positives about this place. The vast majority of people are kind and committed. Employees and teams are receptive to new ideas and approaches. And there is autonomy to come in as an expert in your function and make recommendations that are readily accepted by teams and leadership. This very much feels like an organization on the rise that is now equally committed to employees as well as the mission to provide high quality dental care in communities.

Cons

It’s a company that still relies on people instead of processes. Except parts of your candidate and employee experience to be clunky but be empowered to find clarity and make things better. If you get excited about making incremental improvements over time and making an impact, this can be a great place for you. If you’re expecting a fully dialed in experience, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Too new to know

6. "Great to start"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at InterDent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will hire anyone and you can negotiate a decent wage, some advancement within the company if you stick it out.

Cons

Management shows favors when giving raises. Wages are lower then any other office/corporation.

Advice to Management

Pay your staff competitively and keep the ones you've trained. Lots of new right out of school great employees are trained and then venture off to better paying companies

7. "Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Rda
    Current Employee - Rda

I have been working at InterDent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get your paycheck on time. You get decent dental insurance for your family.

Cons

Crazy work schedules, always short staffed, high dr. turnover, be expected to bend over backwards for a company that doesn't care about you. You will NEVER get a raise because they don't do yearly reviews. Upper management always changes because people move on or some cut throat employee gets them fired.The bottom line is production, not on making the employees feel appreciated. We've gotten 3 bonuses in the 5 years I've been here and half is taken up by taxes. Their 401 K sucks because they don't contribute anything.

Advice to Management

Appreciate talented employees who are willing to work their butts off for the company. Show appreciation not just lip service. Compensate assistants for their hard work we already accept low wages by working for Gentle Dental. They pay the lowest right alongside Western Dental. Most of us love what we do, but these corporations make it about the dollar and lose touch with reality.

8. "I got more experience"

Current Employee - Treatment Coordinator in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Treatment Coordinator in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at InterDent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office staff was wonderful. I was able to learn a few things and get a lot of experience. They're a lot of office so you could transfer if needed.

Cons

Upper management could be demanding. They expect a lot out of an employee. You're on your own most of the time. You never really get completely trained. The pay wasn't that great.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to run the offices like western dental

9. "Practice Manger"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Freedom to problem solve situations for the practice and it's patients.

Cons

Lack of DSO support to ensure we can make thr practice patient friendly and profitable.

Advice to Management

Be realistic

10. "Good work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Total control of treatment and diagnosis

Cons

Lack of new equipment to use