InterSystems "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

InterSystems Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 24, 2020

4.5
InterSystems CEO Terry Ragon (no image)
Terry Ragon
Pros
Cons
  • "not as many benefits as other tech companies, dress code if it's not your thing(in 10 reviews)

• "The worst department is what they call Edition , no one is allowed to say a clear opinion or raise a complain(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at InterSystems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company culture where relationships matter. Brilliant ideas and people. Management understands having a good work/life balance.

Cons

Not a lot to put here. Don't work here if you want to be the smartest person in the room.

InterSystems2016-09-03

"Great Pay, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at InterSystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

- InterSystems paid extremely well and had great benefits - They started to do more fun events at work to retain employees. I was able to have good work life balance when I worked there.

Cons

-The office environment at InterSystems is extremely formal and cold. As a tech company, they should consider relaxing their dress code to foster a more relaxed environment. - For being in the HealthCare space, it felt more like a traditional IT company stuck in the 90's. A lot of my co-workers didn't have much knowledge about the healthcare field, and it didn't feel like patient care was at the heart of the company - My manager had a temper and was extremely hostile. This made for an uncomfortable environment for even high performing staff. I was uncomfortable delivering any feedback for fear of retaliation.

InterSystems2020-01-24
  3. "nice company if planning to stay for long"

Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at InterSystems for less than a year

Pros

good work-life balance, nice people

Cons

proprietary technology, products in maintenance mode

InterSystems2019-08-06

"It's not what it appears to be"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at InterSystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent pay and bonus structure, good benefits, beautiful offices in Cambridge, good work/life balance

Cons

Open office environment for everyone but managers, dress code (NOT casual), pressure to attend after work get togethers & parties, odd cult-like environment, absolutely no jeans (not even jean material)

InterSystems2019-03-07

"Great company stuck in the 90s"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at InterSystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company that absolutely cares about its employees. It's not a job where people come and go regularly and it has excellent work life balance. They hire smart people and know that their engineers are the lifeblood of the company.

Cons

The technology that backs their core products is very dated. I found it very hard to ever get into a good workflow rhythm because most of the quality of life tools that developers are used to do not exist.

InterSystems2016-10-20
  6. "Pretty good firm"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cambridge, MA

I worked at InterSystems

Pros

A good open door policy with a very supportive environment for development. Exciting projects to work with and a pretty good work life balance

Cons

The company is a bit old school and they need to be less strict about dress code and stuff especially for developers

InterSystems2016-09-09
  7. "Product Support Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at InterSystems

Pros

Great summer internship, worked with a class of about 20 other students. The company culture is fantastic and they make you feel very welcomed. Great work-life balance

Cons

Don't have any it was a great internship

InterSystems2016-02-25
  8. "ISC"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at InterSystems full-time

Pros

Excellent Benefits and work life balance.

Cons

Parking at the building is very expensive. I would recommend public transportation.

InterSystems2016-01-26
  9. "Exceeding every expectations"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at InterSystems

Pros

Best possible work/life balance. Interesting intern projects. Good compensation.

Cons

Not able to wear jeans and shorts. Other than that, the best workplace I've ever had.

InterSystems2015-09-21

"Great benefits, smart employees, good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at InterSystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great work life balance - there are standard working hours with generally no expectations of working outside of business hours. -PTO is generous and there are roughly 14 paid holidays each year also. -A detailed recruitment process ensures intelligent individuals are hired. I've noticed that smart people are an integral part of the company, and my colleagues are a pleasure to work with as they are collaborative, forward-thinking problem-solvers. -Strong benefits. The company offers generous medical and dental plans and provides various life and disability benefits to full-time employees (among other benefits). -The Cambridge office is very spacious, the decor is attractive, and the location is great (right by the Kendall Square T stop on the Charles River).

Cons

-Flexible working hours and working from home are not common. -The culture is a bit more conventional and formal compared to some tech companies (including dress code and social culture) which is fine with me but can be a drawback for some people since they expect something else from a software company.

InterSystems2015-04-15

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 24 reviews