Interactions EQA Reviews | Glassdoor

Interactions Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2019

Found 198 reviews

3.8
Interactions CEO Mike Iacobucci (no image)
Mike Iacobucci
  1. Featured Review

"To the moon!"

I have been working at Interactions full-time

Pros

Joined the company a couple months ago. Everything I have seen so far indicates that I made a very good choice. This company is poised for explosive growth in an industry that will only get hotter in the years ahead. I have full confidence in the leadership and the evolving culture is winning me over each week. I can't speak to the negative reviews but they bear no resemblance to the company I am happy to come... to work for each day. Huge career growth potential here and a lot of nice perks along the way. Potential employees please do not be scared off. Come in and meet with these folks and learn about where they have been and where they are going. It is the "going" that should make all the difference for you.

Cons

Building has weird cold-spots and is probably haunted.

Interactions2019-01-15
  2. "So far so good"

Current Employee - VUI Designer

I have been working at Interactions full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's exciting to be involved with cutting edge technology like AI and be able to help customers have positive experiences when engaging with our solutions. The Jump Start was a terrific way to truly feel part of a great team.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly. Everyone is very busy. You have to be able to work efficiently and be adaptable in a fast-paced environment.

Interactions2019-05-30
  3. "Top Technology, Customer Focus & Progressive Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Interactions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product is exceptional, culture is supportive and progressive. Great opportunities for learning and growing professionally. Teams work very well together to accomplish goals and deliverables.

Cons

Remote team members miss out on office activities which may slightly delay learning ramp up time.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with a progressive agenda and listening to input from teams,

Interactions2019-07-31
  4. "Good Not Great... yet"

Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Interactions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love this company - this year they established a set of core values and you can hear those from the management team 8 months into it.. that to me says this is a company headed in the right direction. Salespeople seem to be everywhere and do the least from closing contracts. Sales cycles are ridiculously long and don't seem to get any faster any soon although we have some new champions taking on it. Things... look positive if you have the right attitude. If you want to side away from work at 5 and slack off during work hours, might not be the right place for you

Cons

You see some team/members so incompetent to work with, especially if your standards are high. The leadership seems confused at times, and new projects pop up all the time and sort of fade off - We have heard plenty of code names over the years but only a few have materialized into anything meaningful.

Advice to Management

Stick with the core value How about a better 401k match, seems like the worst for being a tech company

Interactions2019-07-31
  5. "It was pretty nice there"

Former Employee - SME in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Interactions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money, if you knew your stuff

Cons

They closed and that left a lot of folks out of a job

Advice to Management

Be sure to keep up better on training

Interactions2019-06-22

"Corporate America..here we come"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Interactions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The roots of this company were were promising. *Focused on quality of product with commitment and passion. *Recognized if you take care of your people they will work and contribute hard for you. *Truly created a culture of team work and success which were the pillars of successful growth through the late 2000s and early 2010 era.

Cons

Unfortunately like most great success stories of an upstart company there is a fall not far behind it. In 2014 there was a shift in mentality. Many of the core values of the company changed and I shall explain how below. *Focus on the quality of the product absolutely fell into shambles. Resources and focus were pushed to consolidation of processes and how to most effectively turn profits at the heavy expense of... the quality that they used to strive for. *The drive to take care of the people quickly changed to that of common corporate America. People were just numbers in a seat with no regard for personal success or morale. Outside directors were sought after as a way to turn the operations environment into little more then a robotic atmosphere with nothing more then them demanding results. Leaders of the previous era were silenced and disregarded. *The culture of teamwork was quickly deconstructed by the directors and replaced by a finger pointing blame game culture. The directors were pivotal in this downfall change as the spirit of a once great company was absolutely shred to pieces. At the end of this metamorphosis was unfortunately a company that only cared about the dollar, no matter the cost.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately the company is past the point of repairing the damage that was self inflicted. The passionate culture it once radiated is long since returned to dust. As advice goes the company would need to start from scratch and forge a new identity in order to be a positive environment once again.

Interactions2019-05-25
  7. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Interactions full-time

Pros

Hours open 24-7. Reviewed and coached as needed

Cons

I can't think of any

Interactions2019-04-20

"Poised for Explosive Growth - ask Forbes"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Interactions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have read most of the reviews on Interactions before joining the company and can tell you that most are either former call center employees or probably those who will not be happy anywhere. All companies, except the ones folks create in their heads, have challenges and interactions is the same (see "Cons"). However, employees are predominantly treated like mature adults who can be trusted to get the work done. ... No one has questioned my hours and the handbook purposely does not specify working hours (although most come in between 8 and 9 and leave between 5 and 6). All senior managers are approachable and the CEO walks around talking to everyone regardless of title. Also, everyone is encouraged to speak their piece. Some chose not to and that is ok as well.

Cons

In between a start-up mentality and medium sized company. Some necessary processes and procedures are not in place in that need to be and some of the managers need to learn that throwing people at a problem is not always the best solution.

Advice to Management

Management needs to shift the focus from building a product to building a company that builds a product. We are at the stage where the informal, start-up, do whatever it takes mentality will limit the growth. Focus on building the company now.

Interactions2019-03-24
  9. "Learning from past mistakes, and driving towards the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Interactions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Super friendly, professional staff - Opportunity to work on most demanding AI world - Excellent healthcare plan - Start-up culture on a matured company - Leadership who listen and implement your ideas

Cons

None - If you are with a negative mindset you may find one or two

Advice to Management

Keep-up the great work

Interactions2019-03-28
  10. "A little confusing"

Former Employee - Intent Analyst

I worked at Interactions full-time for less than a year

Pros

easy money. Not your typical call center

Cons

layoff with little to no notice

Interactions2019-04-09