Interactions Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Disappointing career decision"

I worked at Interactions Marketing full-time

Pros

Innovative concepts. Creative group of people.

Cons

Lack of training by management. Just drops business in your lap for you to figure out. Disrespectful management business encounters.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees for the lengths they go to promote your company positively. We do more work than is ever recognized.

2. "Good"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Wantagh, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Wantagh, NY

I have been working at Interactions Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy once you found the stand. Good pay wish there was more days. Its like on your own pace and almost your own boss. Not being watched like a hawk

Cons

Can be boring, standing for too long
    Workers in store do not help well

Wish there was more training
    Or more instructions

Advice to Management

More training, or even cook training.

3. "Scam company"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Interactions Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They promise you $14 per hour

Cons

Actually they cut your pay.
    No formal training at all. No food handling permits, no safety instructions, nothing. The company changes the rules and the management constantly. They provide tablets in each store to keep track of your work time and for reports but just that doesn't work. A system to report your job doesn't exist and is difficult to track what you were paid for. They cut all the time your payment. Let's say, you've worked 10hrs, they will pay you only 9.5hrs. Or they miss to pay you an all event - 5hrs. Do not recommend.

Advice to Management

No way to have quality people to work for the company when you lie do not pay to people what they is suppose to be paid.

4. "Brand ambassador"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

I have been working at Interactions Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules. You can accept or decline the events scheduled. Easy to communicate with management.

Cons

After the event had to recap within a certain time period. Every store you do your Demo, has it's challenges. Be very resourceful and flexible.

5. "Pretty good"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in York, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in York, PA

I have been working at Interactions Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

leading events by myself, learning to be resourceful, good pay

Cons

feedback/ requests for days off can be delayed

Advice to Management

check in on employees periodically, mak sure demo kits are always there

6. "Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Diego, CA

I worked at Interactions Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay. Freedom and little supervision. Weekends.

Cons

It's hard to contact employer on workdays which happened to be weekends.

7. "Just started, but so far great company!"

Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Feeding Hills, MA
    Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Feeding Hills, MA

I have been working at Interactions Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room for growth,fairly steady work,coworker and managers are professional and great to work with.

Cons

No week day work,lower than industry standard pay.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have the option to work Monday through Thursday as well as weekends.

8. "Account Assistant"

I worked at Interactions Marketing full-time

Pros

Good team building. Everyone's friendly and helpful.

Cons

Horrible pay, marketing team can't do their job correctly, and they screw over employees on medical leave.

9. "Sales Advisor Review"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Interactions Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to work with people, solid pay

Cons

bad hours, incredibly tedious submission process

Advice to Management

increase use of technology, and use better software

"A Waste Of Time"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador

I worked at Interactions Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This actually could have been a decent job. The problem is that I never actually got to work a shift. The hourly pay is relatively decent for the type of job it is.

Cons

The position of Brand Ambassador is a fairly pleasant pursuit, in which you go to supermarkets, set up a cart and give out samples. This company represents various products and promotes them in the this fashion.

The supermarkets where you do this work are all in the same chain and in the area. I responded to an ad on the internet, applying to a store near me, as you can choose. I was called by their HR recruiter, had a phone interview, and was hired.

I was very clear with the recruiter that I had to work the location I applied for as I can walk to it, and don't currently have a vehicle. The recruiter indicated that this would not be a problem and there would be plenty of work at that location. We went through the onboarding process and then I was called to go to another store in the area for orientation, which I was able to get a friend to drive me to. The company has regional supervisors, and the person who trained us was from another region as the supervisor for our region was apparently leaving the company or moving to a different position and the new supervisor for our region was not on board yet. We completed training and were told we would be starting the following weekend.

About midway through the following week we received an email telling us to log into the system and check to see where we would be working. The job is on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and is for the most part either a mid-morning to early afternoon shift, or an early afternoon-early evening shift, each totaling about five hours with the setup and breakdown. Upon logging in I saw no shifts scheduled for me and when I finally got a hold of the trainer (I contacted him fairly quickly and he didn't get back to me until a Friday, about an hour before a shift would have started), I was told there was nothing scheduled for my location for that weekend and it was sort of vaguely indicated that there wouldn't be much work at the location I had applied to and "could I work some other locations." I politely explained to him what I had told the recruiter.

The next week I received a similar email, this one introducing the new supervisor for my region. Once again, I logged in and wasn't scheduled. Eventually I stopped receiving emails and when I logged into the system, it indicated I had been "terminated." When I called one of the main offices for the area to speak to a higher up, they indicated they would have to reach out to the regional supervisor. I was then told that the supervisor figured that because I couldn't work other locations I wasn't interested in the job (I never said that), so I was terminated. I was then told that there would be events coming up at my location and they could reverse the decision if I wanted. By this point I had gotten another job and would never work for this company, so I declined, especially since I couldn't trust whether there would ever be work there.

I basically got paid for the orientation, and not even the full amount; we were there three hours, told we would be paid for three, and were only paid for two. And it was three because the trainer was late. Unbelievable.

I was very clear and upfront about where I could work. Had I known from the beginning that there would be no work at my chosen location, I would have moved on right away.

Advice to Management

Communication needs to be much better

I understand if you need employees to work more than one location but you should say that upfront

The training needs to be better and the on-boarding process simpler. On the one check I did receive, there was no indication of the exemptions I claimed indicating they weren't entered correctly by payroll.

You expect people to hold weekends open for you, yet you don't know what days they'll be working, or even if they'll be working, two days before the weekend? Bad policy.