Interactions Reviews | Glassdoor

Interactions Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2019

Found 167 reviews

3.8
Interactions CEO Mike Iacobucci (no image)
Mike Iacobucci
  1. "I am happy to be at Interactions!"

Current Employee - Executive in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Interactions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I feel very lucky to be part of Interactions. It is a remarkable company. Like any company, we are not with out challenges, but we are well-positioned for success and opportunities for our employees. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries. I fully subscribe to our company mission - to create amazing customer experiences by... advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. I believe the company is endeavoring to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. The company sets a high bar, but if working with the best and brightest, at the epicenter of a transformational technology wave, Interactions may be for you.

Cons

Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.

Interactions2019-03-02
  2. "Moving in the right direction!"

I have been working at Interactions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Company is not perfect (what company is??). Recently, Interactions' Executive team acknowledged its faults and introduced a solid plan for improvement. It is focused on respect and opportunity! There is great growth and opportunity for anyone that wants to work hard and be part of a Company that is on the road to greatness. If you want to thrive at Interactions, you need to be positive, efficient and be... a strong communicator.

Cons

Communication continues to be a struggle. It is improving, but is needs constant attention. Employees can get pinched between the "big company" rules (standardized pay, corporate policies etc.) and the "small company" rules (take on multiple roles w/o recognition/compensation, work with less). It feels like management plays this to their advantage far too much.

Advice to Management

Deliver on the plan you laid out in early 2019. Continue working on communication. Accept that it is a daily practice, not just a 2019 goal. Recognize the efforts of those people/groups that are doing multiple roles and/or functioning with "less". Continue to invest in your people, it WILL pay off.

Interactions2019-02-15

"Company is pushing aggressively to be a competitive employer"

I have been working at Interactions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits with new ones added periodically. Very laid back environment (depending on role). Generally quiet and professional atmosphere.

Cons

Growing pains. Company is expanding in every direction which causes some people to feel ignored as the focus is with hiring and sales.

Advice to Management

Take care of the employees that are already there and they will take care of you.

Interactions2019-02-06

"Proud to be a member of the Team"

I have been working at Interactions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is taking off. Like most start ups the early days were tough. Money was tight, technology was shaky. Past year has been amazing. Great wins in all areas. I'm so excited to be on this team and think 2019 is going to be even better than 2018. I'm most excited that those of us who love this place are speaking up. Its not perfect. Find me a company that is. But our CEO is the most impactful... leader I have ever worked under...drives the business hard ( of course he does, he is the CEO) but is so approachable and human. Our technology is cutting edge. I work with amazing smart people. It does not get any better.

Cons

Franklin office is funky and fun, but lacks the basics. Its awesome that parking is free and the commute is so easy - but there is no place to get lunch unless you want to leave the area...and the kitchen is a mess.

Advice to Management

Hire someone who cares about making the office a nicer place to spend the day.

Interactions2019-01-25
  5. "On the cusp of something remarkable."

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Interactions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I spent most of my career at Interactions. While there are several challenges the company faces moving forward, the momentum and drive to create a world-class brand lives within an incredibly hard-working team of down-to-earth entrepreneurs. There's an inherent principle that demands the entire team to do well by its customers, knowing fully well that Interactions' success is reliant on the happiness and... satisfaction of several dozen platinum brands that any AI company would be envious of. All within the course of a few years, Interactions has transitioned from a scrappy start-up, winning business from previously untouchable competitors like Nuance and 24/7, to becoming a flagship brand in the AI-for-customer-service arena.... and in doing so, doubling revenue year-over-year. As such, the team has and will continue to experience growing pains. The leadership team in place has maintained clear direction and through its growing pains has secured its outlook for the right customer profile to onboard, the technology required to maintain a future in a tumultuous and ever-changing AI space, and the employees required to execute on a demanding vision.

Cons

There are difficult personalities. There are difficult processes. There are office politics. No more than what you'd expect to see in a rapidly growing organization. The best employees to fill these roles will challenge the status quo.

Advice to Management

Communication. Culture. Transparency. Make employees feel valued. Create an organization of saying yes and embracing change.

Interactions2019-01-31
  6. "Positive Energy and can-do attitude"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Interactions full-time

Pros

Some of the smartest and down to earth folks I have worked with in the technology and research teams A can-do attitude that starts from the top and flows through the entire organization Good health care and other benefits

Cons

Its a good problem but nonetheless we will be outgrowing the current office space before summer. Time to act on a new office!

Advice to Management

Continue with the open communication Hire quicker

Interactions2019-01-28

"To the moon!"

I have been working at Interactions full-time

Pros

Joined the company a couple months ago. Everything I have seen so far indicates that I made a very good choice. This company is poised for explosive growth in an industry that will only get hotter in the years ahead. I have full confidence in the leadership and the evolving culture is winning me over each week. I can't speak to the negative reviews but they bear no resemblance to the company I am happy to come... to work for each day. Huge career growth potential here and a lot of nice perks along the way. Potential employees please do not be scared off. Come in and meet with these folks and learn about where they have been and where they are going. It is the "going" that should make all the difference for you.

Cons

Building has weird cold-spots and is probably haunted.

8. "Amazing company!!!!"

I have been working at Interactions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a current employee for years, this is an amazing company. I strongly disagree with just about everything in most of the negative reviews posted. Keep in mind that those who write reviews are likely disgruntled former employees to start with. From the top down, management is supportive, friendly, cares about employees, have years of applicable experience, and are always thinking about the future plan. Our CEO is... THE BEST leader any company could ever ask for! The benefits are amazing and every year there seems to be something new added to the list of incredible perks. The solution being provided is strong and constantly evolving. Career path is easy to see within the company and there are many success stories demonstrating this throughout the organization. Headquarters is in a perfect location and the layout of the building is extremely unique which is right in line with the company itself. The people here are by far the biggest perk of all as they make every day remarkable!

Cons

Would love a lot of amazing logo swag to be able to promote the company even more!

Advice to Management

You have a lot of current employee support so ignore the negative reviews

9. "Long Time"

I have been working at Interactions full-time

Pros

Larger company with a small company feel. Always trying to improve things for the employees and have made significant strides over the past few years. This is a growing company that offers a unique chance to be part of something really promising and substantial.

Cons

Hours can be long at times, but that is simply part of the deal with a growing company.

10. "Anonymous"

I have been working at Interactions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interactions has a great product and great people. We all want to see the company succeed and support it's growth strategy. We're focused on customers and motivated to make an impact individually and as a team! If you're looking for a place to build something, work hard and make a difference it's a great environment. It's a place were you have to be self-motivated and willing to ask questions, share y our... opinion, come to the table with an idea and solution.

Cons

Systems and processes could be more automated but that comes with scaling and growing an organization.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating company vision, strategy and successes!

Interactions2019-01-11