Interactions "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Interactions Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 10, 2019

4.0
Interactions President & CEO Mike Iacobucci (no image)
Mike Iacobucci
Pros
  • "Casual dress code and sometimes they buy food (but not enough) for employees(in 19 reviews)

• "Flexible scheduling, casual dress code(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "No one wants to talk about the "why(in 13 reviews)

• "Upper management is very content to keep things the way they are and even laugh at the company survey change suggestions(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Once great but lost their soul"

I worked at Interactions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The software solution they provide once had so much potential. I really believed in the company before the negative business practices began . Some really good people still work there. At one point they rewarded innovation, promoted from within, and let performance speak for itself. It was a very rewarding place to work and I loved it there.

Cons

Beginning in 2013 they started going the wrong direction. Hiring mid to upper management from outside sources, shipping jobs overseas, and cutting every corner possible to save a buck. Anyone who cared about the quality of the product was gotten rid of or silenced. The quality and features that were being promised to clients was no longer possible due to outsourcing to non English native speaking countries. Everyone who knew how to make this product work began leaving. At some point it became more about creating an illusion of a quality solution for the clients while they were watching than actually making the product good. Customers are routinely given manipulated data, doctored calls made to sound better than they are, and masterful sales pitches promising that the system will be tuned to be better over time.

Advice to Management

I am not sure if it is too late for you or not but here goes. Stop shipping jobs overseas. Provide a real quality product like you once did. Get rid of the Directors brought in from outside companies who ruined the call quality to begin with and do whatever it takes to get back the people you once had who cared and made the company great. It may be painful short term, but if you want long term success you need to remember who you were and what you could have been.

Interactions2019-01-11

"Company has potential"

I worked at Interactions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was initially drawn to the start up culture, but through my tenure at Interactions the culture took a deep nose dive as the company grew. It ended with politics worse than some of my previous (large) employers, but none of the benefits. The people I immediately worked with were great - smart, diligent, and fun to be around. The product is very interesting and relevant. If upper management gets out of its own way, it could be hugely successful.

Cons

Mediocre benefits Worst communication from top down I've ever seen Very cliquey upper management, if you're not "in" with them, you're not relevant. Politics get in the way of good decisions Unclear promotion path, seems to be based on seniority at company and visibility to upper management Company goals are purely sales driven and not motivating to employees outside of the sales team

Advice to Management

Don't just talk about transparency, be transparent with employees. Align goals with all employees, if your bonus depends on it how can your role help? Get rid of the politics.

Interactions2018-09-06

"Lack of desire to scale and improve from the top"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Interactions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not many really In an old building that isn't anything special with a tight parking lot Do get coffee, soda, and seltzer (oh and free pretzels and animal crackers and some candy)

Cons

Very dysfunctional cross groups across the whole company. Upper management is very content to keep things the way they are and even laugh at the company survey change suggestions. Instead of changing process and making real change, they just want to slightly speed up the current process, even though they worked for a $10M company, they won't work for a $100M especially trying to get strong growth.

Advice to Management

Actually, do some real change, not just bringing in new execs. Empower the new execs to make real substation change in the company and break the tenured upper management out of their habbits. Bring back options, any new employees in the last year or so have zero desire to help company grow. I guess the execs didn't want to dilute their shares at all!

Interactions2018-08-28

"Intent Analyst"

Former Employee - Intent Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Interactions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked with great people. Job was very unique.

Cons

Constant changes and not for the better. Upper management doesn't value their employees input.

Interactions2017-02-10

"would not recommend"

Data Analyst

I worked at Interactions

Pros

didn't have to speak with anyone if you didn't want to Inside job casual wear

Cons

Raising your hand to use the restroom abrupt mass lay offs high turnover rate unengaging work breaks are short upper management seems to treat everyone lower as a statistic

Interactions2016-06-28

"Good money"

I have been working at Interactions

Pros

Money is good for the easy work. Insurance is decent.

Cons

Work is tedious and it doesn't feel like upper management actually cares about the employees. They have eliminated everything that has made people want to stay beside the pay

Interactions2016-02-27

"Not worth the stress"

Former Employee - Intent Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Interactions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay if you're both skilled and lucky. You can wear whatever you want. Easy work. There is a free coffee pot that sometimes you can use before your break time is up if someone already filled it.

Cons

Where do I begin? For starters, they share the building with ITT Tech and after 9 am it's completely irrational to think you will get a spot anywhere close to the entrance. **I worked there for 9 months and in early November took 3 sick days. They notified me three weeks later that I was fired for "recent attendance issues", this notification was on the day I came back from my UNpaid 3 days bereavement leave for the death of my father.** There is no job security. They mass hired hundreds of people over several months and have recently been having numerous firings for no reason except they realized they are overstaffed. The break system is severely flawed, days off must be requested two weeks prior and even then aren't a sure thing, although if you beg enough and are patient you can get up to 40 minutes of paid break time for an 8 hour shift -- no more than a 20 minute break at a time. The break area is always dirty, for about 150 working on the same shift there are two working microwaves and three broken ones; one of the vending machines is ALWAYS broken. They have been known to mess up earned pay rates. You only know your schedule a week in advance; no one gets the entire weekend off except upper management; there is NO HOLIDAY PAY and you are not allowed to request off a holiday. Unless you are upper management, they do not classify you as "full time" -- so take note of that if you are looking at policies in the handbook. A lot of office drama and no one ever knows what is going on. Sketchy, dirty, and often broken equipment you must either work with or replace on your own. In August, they waited a week to get the air conditioning fixed and the thermostat reached 92 in the giant room with 100+ people; also, when fixing the roof, chemicals were seeping into the room and they waited until 3 hours after we started smelling it to evacuate the building. They spent months hiring ANYONE who can do the system, which a trained monkey could do --- however, that doesn't mean you'll keep your job unless you are the perfect employee. Since they hire anyone and the building is in a rural area, a lot of loud rude, annoying, drama-starting people find jobs there -- and they don't care about dress code so a lot of people wear inappropriate and sometimes disturbing clothes. Recently they were on the news for the mass layoffs and issues with their 911 system.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees again and things will be much more prosperous. Working there used to be tolerable until the management started changing things for the worse and we grew too quickly and no one would know what was going on.

Interactions2015-12-16

"Run away!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money is ok. You meet alot of different people.I developed skills I didn't have before.

Cons

Liars! They promise you things but really its all a lie. You better be kissing butts if you want to move up to a better position. If your not a family member, neighbor next door or a bestie, you aint going to get it! Upper management sucks and they treat people unfairly! Theres no communication what so ever , just a bunch of bs emails. They fire good people and keep terrible people because of all the favoritism. The production room is way too cold, yes bring your coats winter, spring, summer and fall! They will demote you from positions and wont give you a reason at all. They are two faced , one minute they smile in your face and the next they dont even know you. Dont waste your time unless your ready to kiss butts! They will use you until they can't anymore, and always talking about bs budgets! I worked my butt off for these people and they treated me like trash! I wonder how they can sleep at night?

Advice to Management

Stop being liars! Treat everyone equally. I shouldn't have to go smoke cigarettes and talk about other people just to succeed in a company. I never kissed butt and I never will! Keep this fluckery job!! When yall read this make sure and think about these words.

Interactions2014-10-15

"Management is awful"

Former Employee - Intent Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Interactions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Schedule used to be flexible. Weekly pay.

Cons

Management only promotes incompetent people, upper management is very unfriendly and not willing to talk. Open positions aren't posted- they just pick someone for it that smokes with the right people. Training is a joke, I don't think these people know what they're doing. They only have 1 IT guy and he doesn't know what he's doing

Advice to Management

See above. you people need a reality check.

Interactions2013-09-19

"Okay I guess"

Current Employee - IAnalyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual work environment Friendly Employees Great Trainers Attendence Policy unlike any that I've ever seen

Cons

Horrible Upper Management Low Pay Not enough hours I feel like they purposefully disrespect people to get a reaction. We get it you're the boss. You're a big shot.

Advice to Management

Take a class on management and learn people skills.

Interactions2013-06-06