Interactive Brokers Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 4 reviews

4.0
Interactive Brokers CEO Thomas Peterffy
Thomas Peterffy

"> 10 years of positive experiences"

Current Employee - Manager in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at Interactive Brokers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is run by a highly intelligent and capable management team who has built the company from scratch. There is something to be said for a company where the average tenure of the executive team is > 25 years, and the next tranche of managers' tenure is > 10-15+ years. Working at IB may not be for everyone, but for someone who wants to learn a lot, be exposed to a number of various groups / processes,... and become an "owner" of a series of functions/responsibilities will do well here. People who want to show up, work 9-5, collect a pay check and go home may not find this work environment suitable. Managers demand a lot from employees given the lean structure. People who are intellectually curious, want increasing responsibility, will treat the company as if it's their own will typically flourish. The compensation structure is geared towards longevity. It is not meant for fly-by-night two year, get rich and get out career layovers. With the amount of internally developed software and unique processes cultivated over the approx. 40 year history, training new people takes time, and it does take time to have people running on all pistons. That does not mean people can not immediately add value. The company is growing in all directions, including head count, but it is still run as a small business. Management, having the benefit of multiple decades of experience, are able to meet and make quick decisions to continue the process of moving the business forward. The overall comp and benefit structure is great. Free lunch from area restaurants is a nice perk. In summary, it's a place where the right people have made amazing careers and it's a place where I believe people can continue to make amazing careers.

Cons

The days can be long, but in the long term this is more a function of a growing business than inefficient processes, most of which are highly automated.

Interactive Brokers2015-09-01

"IBKR"

Former Employee - Risk Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Interactive Brokers full-time for less than a year

Pros

free lunch is provided by the firm

Cons

lack of an in-depth training program

Interactive Brokers2019-04-02

"Excellent and progressive IT Centered Company"

Manager in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at Interactive Brokers

Pros

System Development and process improvement . Inclusive culture Competitive compensation Free lunches

Cons

Upward mobility is somewhat limited because most people don't leave their jobs.

Interactive Brokers2015-10-06

"Hostile Work Environment"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Greenwich, CT

I worked at Interactive Brokers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined for location and the salary. I thought is was a great lateral move at the time.

Cons

Manager was an ignorant jerk who knew less than I did. It is unclear how he kept his job. He seemed particularly offended because I went to a great university and had academic credentials in addition to time in the trenches.

Advice to Management

I wish I had filed a law suit. I now regret taking the high road.

Interactive Brokers2014-10-16