Interface Security Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike Shaw

"Team Lead"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Earth City, MO
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Earth City, MO

I worked at Interface Security part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to be me! I love training, motivating, being there for people. Most of all I did enjoy my job...all of the hundreds of calls. I enjoyed the built-in over time, the 12 hour shifts. very flexible and easy to pick up overtime.

Cons

Poor leadership from some sups and upper management. It seemed as though if you weren't friends outside of work you could be a potential target to get harassed and treated a bit differently.

Advice to Management

NOT TO PUT YOUR "FRIENDS" THAT ARE IN POSITION TO HIRE YOUR FRIENDS! IT TAKES AWAY FROM YOU PERFORMING YOUR JOB! WORK SHOULD BE WORK IT SHOULD BE BASED OFF OF BEING PERSONAL WITH SOMEONE. IN OTHER WORDS. WORK SHOULD HAVE NO "RESPECTER" PERSON!!

2. "HD Tech"

Current Employee - HD Tech in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - HD Tech in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interface Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to diverse tech in short period of time.

Cons

Little to no training. Poor implementation of tier structure. Software tools are cheap and clunky. Highly Draconian management philosophy. Substandard pay. In process of migrating 125 jobs to India.

Advice to Management

They make middle managers, and MBAs in India too.

3. "Outsourcing to India"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Earth City, MO
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Earth City, MO

I worked at Interface Security full-time

Pros

paid on time thats about it.

Cons

12 hour shift management lies

Advice to Management

VP should ask jesus for forgiveness.

"Overworked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florissant, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florissant, MO

I have been working at Interface Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work a lot of OT and you can get a lot of good entry level IT experience

Cons

Pay is not industry standard. You are micro-managed. Lots of responsibilities. Very unorganized and the monitoring tools/systems are outdated. No holidays and have to work every other weekend. High turnover. Unrealistic SLAs for the customers.

Advice to Management

Need to pay your employees and implement a tier structure.

6. "Lots of Changes Recently"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interface Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy my co-workers. this place presents you with the opportunity to learn new things every day. They offer 3 weeks of classroom training and i really had all the information i needed on my first day on the floor. they have hired some really good supervisors and team leads lately and that has made a big difference. the management really has a vision of where we need to be and involves all of us.

Cons

The starting pay is a bit low, but it's great to learn and move up. it's a call center which means 12 hour shifts but that balances out with the number of days off.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

"How wrote this "Lots of Changes Recently"? This is a load of crap."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth City, MO

I have been working at Interface Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only positive is the co-workers and that is it… and “hiring some good supervisors” that is a bunch of BS. The supervisors where hired from outside of the company and they were hired completely based off of their personality test.

Cons

The starting pay is very very low. And there is no place to move up. You’ll site on the phones listing to manager at some dollar store cry about their star2star phones don’t work.

Advice to Management

In short…… stay away from this failing company.
    But if you still want to work there? Just get ready for management to talk down to you.

"Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Lots of work, long hours. Contract work is good. Many staff are professional and have the best interests of the tech in mind. They work hard and take seriously that they are in an industry that is providing safety to the customer.

Cons

Hold times for support are long. Support staff don't care how long we stay on hold.

Advice to Management

Work on getting technicians on hold off the phone faster. hire more phone support staff.

"One of the single worst places I have ever worked in my life"

Former Employee - Senior Network Analyst in Earth City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Network Analyst in Earth City, MO

Pros

Not much pro's to say about this company, other than they supply you with a paycheck on time.

Cons

Interface Security has to be the single worst place I have ever worked for in my life. The first problem with the company is the wages they offer. This was my first IT job; I started as a Technical Analyst working in the SMB (Secure Managed Broadband) side of the company. They typically start their employees off @ $15 an hour, which is WAY LOW for what they expect you to accomplish. They will make employees do "Mandatory Overtime" to accommodate for their horrible staffing model, which usually means you will do 50-60 hour work weeks. Management completely disregards concerns about technical issues, staffing and training. If you like being trained by email (They send you an email, after you read said email, they say you are now trained in that technology) then this company is for you. If you want REAL training (Classroom based, Q&A, hands on) ISS doesn't offer it, because that would cost too much and be too realistic to what a company should do. You will constantly be criticized by Management if you take a bathroom break, are 1 minute late back from lunch, or if you ask management any questions. Yes, if you ask management questions as they relate to the technology they ask you to support, they label you as a problem employee. If you are considering working for this company, DON'T.

Advice to Management

Fire every management employee in the SMB and hire people who have tact and address employees concerns.

"Network Analyst"

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Earth City, MO
    Current Employee - Network Analyst in Earth City, MO

I have been working at Interface Security (Less than a year)

Pros

Gaining knowledge with routers, switches, subnetting

Cons

No structure, long 12 hour shifts, and pay sucks

Advice to Management

Structure needs to be better, and they need to be honest doing interview

"Operator"

Current Employee - Alam Monitoring Representative in Earth City, MO
    Current Employee - Alam Monitoring Representative in Earth City, MO

I have been working at Interface Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a job with health insurance. Some of the coworkers are nice to be around and there is ALWAYS overtime.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, stressful, unpleasant work environment, management works against you, rules do not always apply, and as an employee your treated very poorly

Advice to Management

Upper management Needs to be more aware of how things are really being ran. Treat your employees as if they matter.