Interim HealthCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Lawrence P. Kraska

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Freedom to have a flexible schedule" (in 25 reviews)

• "Flexible hours and great coworkers" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay rate - no increase in 9 years" (in 19 reviews)

• "Office staff unable to support field staff" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Interim HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Staff and pay, lots of shifts

Cons

Being placed in other units when you accepted for another

Advice to Management

giving employee advances or at least a couple sets of scrubs at no charge

2. "CNA"

Pros

Great job to have in College, worked with my schedule, and were always very friendly to me and the clients

Cons

None, I loved working for Interim!

3. "Interesting"

I worked at Interim HealthCare full-time

Pros

Some locations there is a great internal work environment, Depends on where you go. Amarillo office is exceptional, lots of teamwork happening there. Provides outstanding insurance benefits.

Cons

Minimal training provided to staff.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is happening within your department walls.

4. "Everyone in office is pleasant and very nice to interact with. Management is professional and supportive."

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Interim HealthCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Incentives. Moderate Benefits. Helpful in finding cases best to fit your wants and skill set. They make you feel valuable when speaking with management.

Cons

Too much repeated paperwork. Need computers. Not enough paid days off/ vacation time. No raise until 3 years in. No clear lines with Rn and lpn on cases.
    Lpn’s expected to do same work same responsibility less money. Typical in this type of care for some reason.

5. "Ohio Franchises"

I have been working at Interim HealthCare full-time

Pros

Run fairly well at a national level.

Cons

Interim HealthCare is an organization made up of mostly individually-owned franchises. The majority of Ohio franchises are owned by a group based out of Columbus, OH: TSO (The Salo Organization). Any person considering employment with this franchise owner needs to be aware of how bad their employee health insurance is. It's expensive with high deductibles. It's the worst employee coverage I have ever seen. Also, the coverage doesn't start until after 3/months of employment- they don't always reveal that to you in your interview. If you're supporting a family and need coverage for them you won't have much left over in your paycheck. You have to pay FULL PRICE for your Rxs until a very high deductible is met. Many are unable to meet it and end up paying full price for their Rxs the entire year. Some employees have shared that they have simply gone without filling their medications due to the financial burden. Also, be aware that if you plan to work for the company and report to the Akron, OH office that it is an extremely toxic environment with aggressive overly-controlling punitive leadership. A mean-girl passive/aggressive atmosphere dominates in which rude behavior is the accepted norm. A general unhappiness prevails in the office. Good employees end up leaving feeling beat up and damaged while negative employees dominate. The ones in between seem depressed and paralyzed. I'm not exaggerating.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more. You can start by re-evaluating your employee health insurance coverage. Also, please get better leadership at the corporate level (TSO OH)- I'm not entirely convinced that they know what they're doing. Favoritism of bad employees is noticeable to everyone and it negatively affects the rest of the employees perception of TSO. In addition, take a much closer look at how your Administrators are running things in their locations. Culture matters and it starts from the top.

6. "Home health aide"

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Lima, OH
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Lima, OH

I have been working at Interim HealthCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with elderly in their private home. Some just need companionship, while others may need just a little more care.

Cons

I enjoy what I do, but you don't also get the hours you need .

Advice to Management

When hiring employees, make sure you gave the hours. It's hard to make a living and pay your Bill's when you don't have the means to do so.

7. "Office"

I worked at Interim HealthCare full-time

Pros

The hours for office staff were good.

Cons

High employee turnover rate for office and field staff.

8. "Great patient centered company"

I have been working at Interim HealthCare full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, great team, good management

Cons

Heavy caseload, expensive health benefits

"HR Assisant"

I worked at Interim HealthCare full-time

Pros

-Good people
    -work hard and you will do well
    -always have the opportunity to work more hours (overtime) if you want/need it
    -they trusted me with big decisions from the get-go

Cons

-required on-call hours (2-3 times a week because we had such a small administrative staff)
    -constantly trying to cut costs
    -the 3 major heads of the departments all left within a 6 month period because the company wasn't doing well and the owners put more work on their plate and lowered their salaries
    -owner lowered people's salaries because the company wasn't doing well financially
    -after lowering 2 administrators salaries by 30,000 he went on to higher someone that was making 60,000 more than them. (basically he cut their salaries to pay for the new person)
    -not much room for advancement because its such a small business

Advice to Management

treat your employees well and their output will be better.

10. "Dont waste your time at interim!"

Former Employee - Caregiver in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Carson City, NV

I worked at Interim HealthCare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some clients can be friendly

Cons

I got hired on and told them i needed 30-40 hours for a set schedule. They can they can do that. In my entire four months of working there they never fulfilled their promise. Theyd have me work from 1-5 hours a day. Nonconsistent hours because theyd have me work one hour early in the morning and a two hour shift several hours later. Its a waste of gas and time,making it hard to have plans on the days i work.
       Also some clients were very rude and yelled at me if i made simple fixable mistakes. Being yelled at like a slave is not a healthy work environment. The clients call to complain whenever i asked to be treated like a human being. I would tell them that i would leave if they didnt stop yelling. And id get in trouble by management just for simply standing up for myself.
    And when i put in my two weeks notice, management tried bribing me out of it and they even went as far as to bash the new company that i was switching over to. Please dont waste time at an unprofessional company like this , if you want real hours and to be treated fairly. I wasn't the only one who went through this. Other employees i talked to said they got inconsistent hours as well and got yelled at by certain clients as well.

Advice to Management

Please make it easier for everyone to get real hours.