Interim Physicians Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Recruiter

1.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tim Hand

"FANTASTIC Experience while working at Interim Physicians!!"

Current Employee - Recruiting in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Interim Physicians has several "Pros"!!

To begin with, you have a "family" atmosphere, which is fantastic. Your job is independent and mainly on your own, like any other recruiting or account manager position BUT you have a TEAM behind you, at anytime to ask questions, get support, etc..

You have a company that cares about which direction it's moving in, you have a CEO and management that drive an environment to allow you to "do what you do best"! You have that "sense" of being a part of something very special that is only going to grow more and more!

You are not restricted by what you work on, you have the freedom to call on any job(s), any specialty, any state, anytime. No chains, no locks. The entire country is open!

You don't feel like you always have "someone watching over you", you feel open to manage your day how it best suits you! They TRUST that you will do what's necessary and because of that, you WANT to do your part.

You just know when you are working for "good people" and that's definitely what is going on here at Interim Physicians. Great people. Hard workers.

All you have to do is reach out, if we haven't already reached out to you, and we can get the interview setup for you!

Cons

When I come across any cons, I'll update this review.

Advice to Management

Let's continue breaking records and growing!

"Lack of Management"

Former Employee - National Physician/Healthcare Recruiter in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - National Physician/Healthcare Recruiter in Portland, OR

I worked at Interim Physicians (More than a year)

Pros

Could work from home with ATS system

Cons

Had high turnover in upper management. Owner ended up trying to sue former employees, He tried to fire a pregnant employee protected on leave.

Interim Physicians Response

Sep 8, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the company. I’m sorry that you didn’t have a good experience working here. As was stated in previous review responses, we’re a mid-sized company ... More

"Avoid by all means necessary"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The sales support staff is very friendly and a very hard working group as are some of the Recruiters & Account Managers. For the most part Mid-Level management listen's to concerns.

Cons

There is an awful amount of disrespect and unethical behavior that is tolerated and at times glorified by upper management. The disrespect from a few in the Sales department is absolutely Toxic. There is absolutely NO training provided to anyone, no matter what department. The QA department receives no respect from anyone in the company even though they are the ones truly getting the doctors to work. Anyone who is in upper management ends up quitting because the CEO doesn't like to implement any type of change to improve the company. The majority of the Sales support staff is grossly underpaid but are required to take on some of the Sales responsibility.The CEO allows marketing to spend $20k once every quarter to fly employees to the "corporate office" for "meetings", happy hour & Cardinals game but they still snub employees on bonuses that have been earned. There is ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM FOR GROWTH with this company.

Advice to Management

RESPECT your employees & value your sales support staff!!!!!!

"No Girls (or Women) allowed!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ummm........Can't think of a single thing. Oh wait! There were some pretty cool people who worked in the same building, but didn't work for Interim.

Cons

SEXIST, HOSTILE Management. Seriously, I was asked what my children's ages were in my interview and then asked how self-sufficient they were. I was told "This isn't the kind of job where you can just run home whenever your kids are sick or whatever" BY THE CEO!!! Women's voices are ignored and steering committees are headed by men, but don't complain or you will find yourself unemployed.

Another gem i overheard from top management "I know he's not hitting his quotas and hasn't for a while; but he has a family to support, give him another month" later that day a female sales team member was let go due to missing her sales quotas for less time than the guy mentioned.

Advice to Management

Brains and business acumen are not located anywhere near someone's reproductive organs. Try letting women speak, and then LISTEN TO THEM.

"Interim Physicians"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interim Physicians has developed a good reputation in the Locum Tenens industry

Cons

The compensation is on the low end at $35,000 Base + Commissions
    All of the support personnel were at the home office which made it difficult to folloow up on details.

Advice to Management

Repair the disconnect between the home office (Saint Louis) and the Dallas location.

"Prepare to be sold an awesome career opportunity. It's anything but..."

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent office environment. Good work-life balance. Pretty standard 8-5 hours.

Cons

Unless you've been with the company for a few years and have firmly established accounts or have a large managed account where the jobs are rolling in you daily - you will not succeed at this company. I've never seen such high turnover as I have with Interim and the CEO Tim Hand is the reason. Making good money for a new employee is nearly impossible - regardless of your experience. Don't believe me? Ask ANY former employee what they think.

"So Sad!"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really liked working at Interim in the beginning and was very happy. But is the last year it has just gone down hill!

Cons

You have an office in Dallas that is given everything-promotions that are not earned, business that is not earned and employees that think they can do whatever they want. And if they don't get their way they go and tattle to the CEO. Also you have people who have personal relationships who are allowed to work together and mutually benefit financially from working together. In any other legitimate company these employees would NEVER be allowed to work together due to conflict of interest. It is not only unprofessional but how is anyone else supposed to feel like they have a fair chance working there. There were some really great people who were great assets that worked at Interim, but they have either been fired or have moved on to other opportunities. And those veteran employees that remain are under appreciated and under valued. Also it is no secret who the favorites are in the company-it is the elephant in the room that no one will talk about out of fear. Does not make it right though. It was not always this way, but sadly this company is not what it used to be.

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism! It used to be that loyalty and hard work meant something. But at Interim it is not appreciated or valued. Get the priorities back to where they should be and you can get back on track. I am afraid until that happens things will continue to keep going down hill. It is the old saying "you reap what you sow." And what is going on is proof for this company.

"Don't waste your time with this company - unethical and unprofessional."

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Certain co-workers made working at IP bearable. QA tries very hard considering they get overloaded. The old compensation plan was not bad (the one in place now for new hires - forget it).

Cons

Management comes and goes like a revolving door. They attempt to change a few obvious (and long standing) issues when they arrive, but they hit their head on the ceiling of the CEO. If he doesn't want something to change, it doesn't.

The CEO chooses favorites and if you're not one of them, you are out of luck. You can fight with everyone else over what's left. People are let go for unknown reasons. People who are hitting quota but not bringing in enough "new" business are let go. All of their book of business is redistributed to newer account managers who make less commission.

Account managers and recruiters date each other. The account manager then funnels their business directly to that recruiter. It's totally unethical and would never be allowed at a larger organization that has a real HR and rules that apply to everyone.

If you take issues to management, it will be documented and then used against you. There has been a lot of turnover in management in the past couple of years. Most of them leave when they realize that they are a VP in name only.

The biggest issue in this company is management and choosing favorites. Favorites can do anything they want, while everyone else has to adhere to arbitrary and ever changing rules. Unethical behavior is encouraged and widely practiced.

The CEO hires felons, bringing them back into the fold after jail/prison time. Is this the quality of co-worker someone wants?

Advice to Management

This group of management wouldn't listen to advice. I hope they sell to a company who can do something with it.