Interim Physicians Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Tim Hand

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Interim Physicians........What a company!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a current employee of more than 2 yrs. now and I still absolutely LOVE coming to work everyday! The company itself is wonderful to work for and truly cares for their employees. The management team is very knowledgeable and supportive. My coworkers make it a great place to work!
     Whenever a problem arises with any one of my coworkers, we brainstorm as a team and can accomplish anything. I never feel unappreciated or undervalued. In fact, I have referred several people for positions within the company. I plan to continue my employment with I.P. for many years to come. Thank you I.P.

Cons

I can't say I have any con's to list but if I had to I would say the health insurance could use some addressing. I personally do not require the health insurance here but if I did, I feel there are better plans out there for the company to obtain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Not great, but some nice people. Beware of 'gaslighting' and the myth of 'company culture.'"

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time

Pros

I worked with some nice people. The office hours are good. There are some hardworking people doing good work, but that does not tell the entire story of what it's like to work here.

Cons

Company culture should start from the top down in actions, not words. Management talked a lot about company culture, but didn't live it in a truly meaningful way.

My experience was that fear drove a lot of management's and staff's behaviors at Interim Physicians. People were afraid to speak the truth to the CEO from what I saw, because they felt the CEO wasn't truly interested in hearing it. The money seemed to be rolling in - this is a booming industry right now - and my experience was that management didn't care to look much beyond the money. Yet as an example of leading by fear, I witnessed the CEO rationalize away others' experiences because they didn't agree with his chosen narrative. And I was on an all-employee email where he berated an employee in an attempt to teach him (and I assume everyone else) a lesson. The CEO was a smiling salesman on the surface, but his behavior was controlling and bullying at its core. He would tell employees they were doing well one minute then changing the work parameters, goals and narrative in order to criticizing employees' work the next minute. He kept employees on guard and afraid in this way. That's called gaslighting and I saw it frequently and in many forms at Interim Physicians.

And in a particularly terrible example of not valuing its employees, the company did not offer employees the standard six-week paid maternity leave that nearly all other companies provide. As a result, I watched an exhausted young woman return to work within two weeks after delivering her first child because she said she could not afford to be without a paycheck. It was heartbreaking. She had to choose between her and her newborn's health and well-being and a paycheck. There was no excuse for treating an employee with so little care. There was no reason Interim Physicians could not have provided the bare minimum six weeks of paid maternity leave as part of its benefits package. It was the least they could have done to treat employees like valued human beings. It wouldn't have even cost them that much - it wasn't a big company, and there weren't that many women of childbearing age at the time, either! Until things like these change, everything else about the company and its 'culture' will just be lip service.

I really wanted to like working here, and of course it wasn't all bad, but there were just too many negative situations like these that made it impossible to see any future for myself at Interim Physicians.

Advice to Management

As other reviewers have noted, management seems to be very comfortable hearing what it wants to hear. So long as the money is rolling in, nothing else seems to matter. That's too bad.

"Things Are Looking Pretty Good at Interim Physicians!!"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am newer to Interim Physicians, I have been working as a Physician Recruiter here for 6 months now. I can honestly say that I have not experienced any of the negative things that some of the older reviews talk about. I have had nothing but success and positive experiences here. Just like any job, if you come in and do the things that you are supposed to do, you will have success. The tools that are provided here are wonderful! We just rolled out a new Website! The team here wants to see others succeed and are committed to helping in any way that they can. I can't speak to the company's culture prior to my employment here, but as it stands now, it's a terrific place to work, and my colleagues great!

I had previously worked for a different Locum Tenens staffing company. I worked there for 1 1/2 years and didn't come close to the success that I have experienced in just 6 months with Interim Physicians. As a recruiter, I have the opportunity to work in multiple specialties, on any open order that comes in. If you have ever worked for other staffing agencies in this industry, you know that most of them limit you to working in only one specialty. Being able to recruit in multiple specialties has defiantly been to my advantage. I am never told what job I should be working on, I work on the ones that I think will lead me to success. We have a great data base to work out of, and access to a few recruiting websites as well. The compensation package here is among the best in the industry and we have great benefits also. This company is structured for those that have the drive to succeed, to do just that!

Cons

We are spread out, with offices in Dallas, St. Louis, Salt Lake, and Atlanta. This is only a Con if you are solely communicating with your colleagues through text and emails, as many know, it is hard to dictate tone in an email. If you are calling your colleagues and communicating at least once in awhile via phone, this becomes a non-issue. The company also has an event each year where they fly everyone into the home office in St. Louis, so you can put a face with the folks that you are communicating with on a daily basis, very helpful!!

Advice to Management

I would like to see us do some of the Physician Conventions and would like to see us add another website or two to our current tools that we use.

"Recruiting Director"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been here with Interim in excess of 20 years full time. If you are a highly motivated Sales person who is driven to succeed this is a terrific work environment.
    The company prides itself on providing excellent tools for it's Sales staff in order for them to obtain success. We have a terrific Software system that has unbelievable search and functionality capabilities. We also have access to other tools which I will not disclose which assist the Sales person in obtaining success. We provide excellent training ( including ongoing assistance) while a new person to the organization is ramping up their book of business.
    I have read some disparaging reviews on here by some former employees who for one reason or another are no longer here. I can say unequivocally that the vast majority of these former sales personnel simply did not have the drive or insisted upon doing things their own way. We have a proven sales process that is second to none. If you still have doubts please contact us and we can demonstrate the proficiency of how we go about performing our business at an extremely high level. You only need to know that we have many Senior level tenured people who continue year after year to have a vast amount of success in an extremely competitive market place.

Cons

There are no Cons to working at Interim if you are truly interested in wanting to work hard and obtain success.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide ongoing Sales training and sales support.

"Interim Physicians Keeps Racking up Awards!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Interim Physicians is an excellent company to work for! Not only is it a 3 time recipient of Inc Magazine's" Inc 5,000" award (top 5,000 privately held businesses in the country), it is also a recipient of the 2017 Best of Staffing Client Satisfaction and Best of Staffing Talent Satisfactions. My coworkers are some of the hardest working individuals in the industry. 2016 was a record year for Interim and 2017 is shaping up to be the same. The CEO is an expert in the staffing industry and every single employee has direct access to him.

Cons

It's a shame that former employees use the cover of anonymity to trash a well respected company with blatant lies. Take these negative reviews with a grain of salt. Having worked here for 8 years I can tell you who most of these people are and there are good reasons why they are no longer working here. You can be as successful at Interim as you want to be. Nothing is handed to you, you have to work for it. But if you put in the time and effort, you WILL be successful (and make a good living in the process).

Advice to Management

To the CEO....stay the course. Your current Interim team knows what the expectations are, and more importantly, how to deliver on those expectations. We back you and your vision 100%.

"Great Company w/ Fun Culture!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interim Physicians (Less than a year)

Pros

Interim Physicians has been without a doubt an excellent, welcoming, and career boosting employer in my first year. I didn’t have the pleasure of reading other reviews prior to accepting a position with the company, however, I can simply say that this company greatly values its employees and exhausts every possible resource to ensure each individual is afforded the opportunity to grow financially and professionally. The leadership at the very top is concerned with growing each individual and provides each employee with the tools to be successful.

Cons

I think you need to look at whether or not a competitive market is something for you. This industry is not for everyone, in fact, a lot of people with prior experience will join our organization thinking they know what it takes to be successful here. Some are right, some are wrong. The only market is steady and growing rapidly. Additionally, this industry is extremely competitive and requires fast and thorough individuals who need to succeed. If you are someone that can keep up with the pace, this is a very lucrative career option!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the organization. Clearly the path the organization is on will yield results, so keep investing in the employees who want more out of their career. Overall, my experience here has surpassed anything I could have expected from my previous employer in twice (if not more) the amount of time.

"Terrible Atmosphere with no Leadership"

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time

Pros

I am honestly trying to think of some, but nothing comes to mind.

Cons

Husband and wife couple are allowed special treatment and get passed all the accounts. The CEO is an extremely mean individual and purposely tries to bait sales rep's against each other. He makes bad comments about very good sales rep's after they decide to leave his company and he does this in front of the team. I wonder sometimes if the CEO and the CFO have a conscious due to the unethical things they follow through with.

Advice to Management

Management needs serious help.

"Account Manager - Recruiter"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent comp plan...ok benefits, some good office support at times.

Cons

CEO is the con...He inherited a small fortune from his father. He bought a physician staffing from in 2002/3 when he bottomed out in IT staffing. He rose through the ranks in IT as he was one of few staff members that had a college degree. He himself has never made a physician placement. During my tenure he used company profits to attempt to launch several other staffing outside if physician recruiting, none were successful. Now he sets up offices in markets where other locums firms have offices in hopes to lure/dupe industry reps from as he is no training/career growth methods in place. He is a sexist, racist, misogynistic, homophobe. Unless you're a WASP, he will never view you a person. He is very much a used car sales person. His turnover rate while I was employed was 65-70%.

Advice to Management

No point...unless Tim Hand sells or has a major health issue and is rendered incapacitated, he will not change....

Interim Physicians Response

Apr 14, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to comment. At Interim Physicians, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and transparent environment for our employees to grow in, so I’m disappointed to hear such a... More

"A Company On The Rise"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Pros at working with Interim are Management/Ownership that are always willing to listen to employees ideas and willing to make changes that benefit the business/employees.

Management and senior employees that have made a commitment to improving the company culture. Which has made Interim Physicians a great place to work with a true "Team" Environment.

-Probably one of the best (if not the best) Recruiting Team in the industry in terms of Production per Rep. A team that may not be as big as some of the Larger agencies in the industry but a team that has no weaknesses. Interim has decided to take the "quality" over "quantity" approach and the client/provider relationships have benefited from that very much so.

The QA department has some very experienced folks that have made a commitment to completing all files in a timely manner. I've had several clients tell me (without me asking) that our QA team is the absolute best in the Industry.

Sales support, QA, Travel, Accounting are all very friendly, supportive, and helpful. Very rarely do our clients/providers have a complaint about sales support.

An CEO that WANTS TO REWARD HIS SALES TEAM FINANCIALLY. THE MORE HE PAYS YOU THE HAPPIER HE IS!!!! That cannot be said for some employers where they view the top performers as "making too much money". The CEO sets high standards for the Reps because:
    A) He believes in everyone he hires
    B) He wants to see them succeed both financially and personally. Several Top Earners that are making well over 6 figures, some of which have been here for 3 years or less....

Management has made a concerted effort to weed out those folks that aren't team players and aren't good for the company culture. In turn, Interim Physicians has become a much much more enjoyable place to work over the past few years. Ask any senior employee who has been here, they will tell you the TRUTH!

Cons

Cons may be more aimed toward the industry and not so much Interim. It is a very fast pace, self-motivating industry. And while Interim provides you with the tools you need for success, success must still be EARNED. So if you are looking for a place of employment to clock in, clock out, and do what is minimally required to obtain a paycheck, this may not be the best environment for you. Our team is driven, our team is competitive, and our team takes this job very seriously. Employees are treated with respect but as adults, and expected to go above and beyond in order to appease our clients/providers. It's a very personal business, so a laissez-faire attitude probably won't mesh well with the current environment.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path that we've been on for the past few years. Do not listen or take to heart the words of a disgruntled employee who is trying to deflect the blame from his/herself....It's been my experience that these employees have done the same at former and future employers.

Continue to focus on Company Culture, it's made Interim Physicians a GREAT place to come to work everyday.

Please continue to listen to employees ideas, and take their advice into consideration.
    Make sure to always lean on the senior people who have an obvious commitment to making Interim Physicians their CAREER and not just another job.

Praise your employees when they do something good. It's never enough :) People love the KUDOS, keep them coming.

Please keep us on the path that we are on, which is year over year growth/success.
    I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT INTERIM PHYSICIANS IS A PLACE THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND TO COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS.

"the Company of the 1%"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Contracts with numerous major players in the locums industry
    Accounting is meticulous-quick to correct mistakes if/as they occur
    If the CEO determines you are to make it into the 1%, you'll make $400k per year (unfortunately that is currently restricted to 1 sales person)

Cons

1.Combative, condescending, & verbally abusive CEO
    2.High turnover exceeding 70%
    3.Culture of dog-eat-dog that seems to only benefit the 1% club (equaling 1 account manager, his wife, & a couple others who will say/do anything they need to keep the CEO happy)
    4.Complete absence of training programs to help both new and existing employees
    5.Lack of HR has resulted in a company culture where employees openly boast they could do what they wanted (translation: one employee was fired because she revealed she was pregnant, another employee openly drank beer and vodka on the job and was drunk by noon yet continued to have a job despite repeated complaints, CEO openly refers to his recruiters (who are mostly female) as his "hens", QA is not held accountable for delays in credentialing and complaints and evidence pointing this out are put back on the AM/Recruiter for not 'playing well in the sandbox', & much-much-more)
    6. The total lack of organization has meant that sales ricochets from specialty to specialty without any cohesive strategy to grow. Teams are created to drive focus, and then just as quickly dissolved to turn the entire company into a free-for-all with recruiters and AMs alike working all specialties in all geographies.
    7. The company is losing considerable ground to the competition. In the past 3 years, they have literally gone from the #8 largest locum company, to the #12th according to the most recent Staffing Industry analysis.
    8. Lack of integrity. A culture of disrespect, condescension, & favoritism make it impossible for new-comers to see success, or even tenured people outside of the Dallas office, to grow professionally or make more money.

Advice to Management

Start with hiring an HR manager and task him/her with rebooting the corporate culture-from top to bottom. End the nepotism and stop handing all the business to one AM in Dallas. Initiate training programs to help new and existing employees succeed. Equal opportunity for equal work is not just a catch phrase-it is a recipe for success. Increase PTO and insurance benefits (they are among the worst out there) to make coming to work for Interim more attractive. Divide the recruiters/AMs into teams focused on specialties-there is a reason every other major company out there does this. Invest in lead generation. Make your QA department accountable for credentialing delays. If one of the largest locum users in the country notifies you that your company is THE slowest in turnaround and worst at communication, that means something.

Finally, stop viewing the company through a lens of misogynistic delusion. Interim has systemic, deep-rooted dysfunctional-ism that will not be corrected in a day. If you are serious at growing your company, much less making it a place where your employees actually enjoy coming to work-the change must start with you.

Interim Physicians Response

Sep 8, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I’m sorry you didn’t have a good experience with the company; I wish that hadn’t been the case. However, regarding some of your statements, I’d like... More