Interim Physicians Reviews | Glassdoor

Tim Hand

"A Company On The Rise"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Pros at working with Interim are Management/Ownership that are always willing to listen to employees ideas and willing to make changes that benefit the business/employees.

Management and senior employees that have made a commitment to improving the company culture. Which has made Interim Physicians a great place to work with a true "Team" Environment.

-Probably one of the best (if not the best) Recruiting Team in the industry in terms of Production per Rep. A team that may not be as big as some of the Larger agencies in the industry but a team that has no weaknesses. Interim has decided to take the "quality" over "quantity" approach and the client/provider relationships have benefited from that very much so.

The QA department has some very experienced folks that have made a commitment to completing all files in a timely manner. I've had several clients tell me (without me asking) that our QA team is the absolute best in the Industry.

Sales support, QA, Travel, Accounting are all very friendly, supportive, and helpful. Very rarely do our clients/providers have a complaint about sales support.

An CEO that WANTS TO REWARD HIS SALES TEAM FINANCIALLY. THE MORE HE PAYS YOU THE HAPPIER HE IS!!!! That cannot be said for some employers where they view the top performers as "making too much money". The CEO sets high standards for the Reps because:
    A) He believes in everyone he hires
    B) He wants to see them succeed both financially and personally. Several Top Earners that are making well over 6 figures, some of which have been here for 3 years or less....

Management has made a concerted effort to weed out those folks that aren't team players and aren't good for the company culture. In turn, Interim Physicians has become a much much more enjoyable place to work over the past few years. Ask any senior employee who has been here, they will tell you the TRUTH!

Cons

Cons may be more aimed toward the industry and not so much Interim. It is a very fast pace, self-motivating industry. And while Interim provides you with the tools you need for success, success must still be EARNED. So if you are looking for a place of employment to clock in, clock out, and do what is minimally required to obtain a paycheck, this may not be the best environment for you. Our team is driven, our team is competitive, and our team takes this job very seriously. Employees are treated with respect but as adults, and expected to go above and beyond in order to appease our clients/providers. It's a very personal business, so a laissez-faire attitude probably won't mesh well with the current environment.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path that we've been on for the past few years. Do not listen or take to heart the words of a disgruntled employee who is trying to deflect the blame from his/herself....It's been my experience that these employees have done the same at former and future employers.

Continue to focus on Company Culture, it's made Interim Physicians a GREAT place to come to work everyday.

Please continue to listen to employees ideas, and take their advice into consideration.
    Make sure to always lean on the senior people who have an obvious commitment to making Interim Physicians their CAREER and not just another job.

Praise your employees when they do something good. It's never enough :) People love the KUDOS, keep them coming.

Please keep us on the path that we are on, which is year over year growth/success.
    I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT INTERIM PHYSICIANS IS A PLACE THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND TO COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS.

"Account Manager - Recruiter"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent comp plan...ok benefits, some good office support at times.

Cons

CEO is the con...He inherited a small fortune from his father. He bought a physician staffing from in 2002/3 when he bottomed out in IT staffing. He rose through the ranks in IT as he was one of few staff members that had a college degree. He himself has never made a physician placement. During my tenure he used company profits to attempt to launch several other staffing outside if physician recruiting, none were successful. Now he sets up offices in markets where other locums firms have offices in hopes to lure/dupe industry reps from as he is no training/career growth methods in place. He is a sexist, racist, misogynistic, homophobe. Unless you're a WASP, he will never view you a person. He is very much a used car sales person. His turnover rate while I was employed was 65-70%.

Advice to Management

No point...unless Tim Hand sells or has a major health issue and is rendered incapacitated, he will not change....

Apr 14, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to comment. At Interim Physicians, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and transparent environment for our employees to grow in, so I’m disappointed to hear such a ... More

"the Company of the 1%"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Contracts with numerous major players in the locums industry
    Accounting is meticulous-quick to correct mistakes if/as they occur
    If the CEO determines you are to make it into the 1%, you'll make $400k per year (unfortunately that is currently restricted to 1 sales person)

Cons

1.Combative, condescending, & verbally abusive CEO
    2.High turnover exceeding 70%
    3.Culture of dog-eat-dog that seems to only benefit the 1% club (equaling 1 account manager, his wife, & a couple others who will say/do anything they need to keep the CEO happy)
    4.Complete absence of training programs to help both new and existing employees
    5.Lack of HR has resulted in a company culture where employees openly boast they could do what they wanted (translation: one employee was fired because she revealed she was pregnant, another employee openly drank beer and vodka on the job and was drunk by noon yet continued to have a job despite repeated complaints, CEO openly refers to his recruiters (who are mostly female) as his "hens", QA is not held accountable for delays in credentialing and complaints and evidence pointing this out are put back on the AM/Recruiter for not 'playing well in the sandbox', & much-much-more)
    6. The total lack of organization has meant that sales ricochets from specialty to specialty without any cohesive strategy to grow. Teams are created to drive focus, and then just as quickly dissolved to turn the entire company into a free-for-all with recruiters and AMs alike working all specialties in all geographies.
    7. The company is losing considerable ground to the competition. In the past 3 years, they have literally gone from the #8 largest locum company, to the #12th according to the most recent Staffing Industry analysis.
    8. Lack of integrity. A culture of disrespect, condescension, & favoritism make it impossible for new-comers to see success, or even tenured people outside of the Dallas office, to grow professionally or make more money.

Advice to Management

Start with hiring an HR manager and task him/her with rebooting the corporate culture-from top to bottom. End the nepotism and stop handing all the business to one AM in Dallas. Initiate training programs to help new and existing employees succeed. Equal opportunity for equal work is not just a catch phrase-it is a recipe for success. Increase PTO and insurance benefits (they are among the worst out there) to make coming to work for Interim more attractive. Divide the recruiters/AMs into teams focused on specialties-there is a reason every other major company out there does this. Invest in lead generation. Make your QA department accountable for credentialing delays. If one of the largest locum users in the country notifies you that your company is THE slowest in turnaround and worst at communication, that means something.

Finally, stop viewing the company through a lens of misogynistic delusion. Interim has systemic, deep-rooted dysfunctional-ism that will not be corrected in a day. If you are serious at growing your company, much less making it a place where your employees actually enjoy coming to work-the change must start with you.

Sep 8, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I’m sorry you didn’t have a good experience with the company; I wish that hadn’t been the case. However, regarding some of your statements, I’d like ... More

"Lack of Management"

Former Employee - National Physician/Healthcare Recruiter in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - National Physician/Healthcare Recruiter in Portland, OR

I worked at Interim Physicians (More than a year)

Pros

Could work from home with ATS system

Cons

Had high turnover in upper management. Owner ended up trying to sue former employees, He tried to fire a pregnant employee protected on leave.

Sep 8, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the company. I’m sorry that you didn’t have a good experience working here. As was stated in previous review responses, we’re a mid-sized company ... More

"Great Potential"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Sales as well as Sales Support are overall amazing people to work with. There is a great sense of family amongst the coworkers. For the most part, the sales team is made up of extremely hard working sales people who know how to get the job done. The sales support team are by far the hardest working people in the industry. The CFO is an absolute amazing person to work with and for. Many of the people who have stayed at the company have done so because him.

Cons

The company as a whole lacks training and provides absolutely no staff development, because of that this company has an extremely high turnover. Management is promoted by default therefore there are individuals in leadership rolls who lack the training, backbone and simple people skills to properly manage. Due to the poor management there's a serve uneven distribution of work/business. There isn't any value in the sales support employees. This is very unfortunate because the CFO has done an amazing job with the team he has assembled. Everyone in sales support is viewed as being disposable, which is true but only to a certain extent.

Advice to Management

INVEST in staff development for sales as well as sales support. When you invest in your employees professional development, you invest in your company. Rather than spending thousands of dollars on baseball game tickets, happy hour and hotels for Meet me in St. Louis, invest in seminars. Send your senior employees to seminars relevant to the industry. They will in return train the other employees on the tools they have learned. Healthcare is a forever changing and growing industry, the seminars will help IP keep up with the change and stay one step ahead of larger locums agencies. Set up a real business hierarchy. If employees aren't doing as they should with workloads they need to be terminated. It baffles my mind that employees with excessive tardiness coupled with leaving early are encouraged to continue the behavior due to the lack of consequences for such blatantly disrespectful attendance. QA is the largest department in sales support and needs to have a manager to assist the director with her duties.

Jun 8, 2016 – Controller

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of the company. I appreciate all the good things you’ve said about the sales and sales support teams. It’s great to hear such positive feedback. I ... More

"Don't trust anyone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

I did work with some people I really liked and at one time, this place was really fun.

Cons

It went downhill several years back. Management is always trying to trick the employees into telling on each other. The sales team is not very nice to the support staff. Everyone is aware that the sales team is well paid but the support teams are not paid anywhere near what sales makes and we are expected to make their unreasonable requests happen The morale is so low and management does not care to improve it. They just act like everyone should be grateful for the job but most of the employees are looking and just not talking about it.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if you treated people with respect like you used too. Maybe then all your good employees would quit leaving.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If successful, the compensation is great. Problem is, success does not have a definition here, and you are subject to randomly increasing quotas at the CEOs whim.

Cons

Management is inept, incompetent and refuses to take any responsibility for terrible employee morale and retention. If someone leaves, the CEO simply says they were trash anyway. They provide no industry training, and little to no internal processes training. Further, they write their own positive reviews on sites like this to goose their ratings.

You will be subject to an obscenely high quota, which can be raised at any time (for Account Managers, you are expected to produce a minimum of $50k in margin per month within your first year of employment).

There is a high level of independence here, which sounds nice but in reality means you have no support. In the corporate headquarters of St. Louis, there are only 2 sales people in the office. It's a desk job, and you only have 2 people there. It's lonely and boring. Management says you get what you put in...well, they don't put anything into you, so it's no surprise no one is happy and the only positive press Interim gets is written by management and HR.

Advice to Management

LOL. Like they would listen to anyone anyway...especially not anonymous reviews on a website. I'd be shocked if this company retains 50% of its current staff with the CEO still in place.

"Avoid by all means necessary"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The sales support staff is very friendly and a very hard working group as are some of the Recruiters & Account Managers. For the most part Mid-Level management listen's to concerns.

Cons

There is an awful amount of disrespect and unethical behavior that is tolerated and at times glorified by upper management. The disrespect from a few in the Sales department is absolutely Toxic. There is absolutely NO training provided to anyone, no matter what department. The QA department receives no respect from anyone in the company even though they are the ones truly getting the doctors to work. Anyone who is in upper management ends up quitting because the CEO doesn't like to implement any type of change to improve the company. The majority of the Sales support staff is grossly underpaid but are required to take on some of the Sales responsibility.The CEO allows marketing to spend $20k once every quarter to fly employees to the "corporate office" for "meetings", happy hour & Cardinals game but they still snub employees on bonuses that have been earned. There is ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM FOR GROWTH with this company.

Advice to Management

RESPECT your employees & value your sales support staff!!!!!!

"FANTASTIC Experience while working at Interim Physicians!!"

Current Employee - Recruiting in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Interim Physicians has several "Pros"!!

To begin with, you have a "family" atmosphere, which is fantastic. Your job is independent and mainly on your own, like any other recruiting or account manager position BUT you have a TEAM behind you, at anytime to ask questions, get support, etc..

You have a company that cares about which direction it's moving in, you have a CEO and management that drive an environment to allow you to "do what you do best"! You have that "sense" of being a part of something very special that is only going to grow more and more!

You are not restricted by what you work on, you have the freedom to call on any job(s), any specialty, any state, anytime. No chains, no locks. The entire country is open!

You don't feel like you always have "someone watching over you", you feel open to manage your day how it best suits you! They TRUST that you will do what's necessary and because of that, you WANT to do your part.

You just know when you are working for "good people" and that's definitely what is going on here at Interim Physicians. Great people. Hard workers.

All you have to do is reach out, if we haven't already reached out to you, and we can get the interview setup for you!

Cons

When I come across any cons, I'll update this review.

Advice to Management

Let's continue breaking records and growing!

"No Girls (or Women) allowed!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ummm........Can't think of a single thing. Oh wait! There were some pretty cool people who worked in the same building, but didn't work for Interim.

Cons

SEXIST, HOSTILE Management. Seriously, I was asked what my children's ages were in my interview and then asked how self-sufficient they were. I was told "This isn't the kind of job where you can just run home whenever your kids are sick or whatever" BY THE CEO!!! Women's voices are ignored and steering committees are headed by men, but don't complain or you will find yourself unemployed.

Another gem i overheard from top management "I know he's not hitting his quotas and hasn't for a while; but he has a family to support, give him another month" later that day a female sales team member was let go due to missing her sales quotas for less time than the guy mentioned.

Advice to Management

Brains and business acumen are not located anywhere near someone's reproductive organs. Try letting women speak, and then LISTEN TO THEM.