Interim Physicians Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 5, 2019

2.6
Tim Hand

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "100% love Interim Physicians"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From day one I have been impressed on all fronts. Very well built and thought out company and approach to locums, which is why we have steadily grown. Leadership is awesome, very inclusive and thoughtful with decisions. Everyone treats each other with respect and a sincerity in wanting others to succeed. Leadership recognizes accomplishments regularly, they expect you to produce but put in the resources and effort to do so and actually help you. Support team for Sales is incredible, sales can focus on selling and recruiting instead of paperwork, which is why we able to build and maintain our book of business faster. Compared to other places I have worked, my experience has blown me away. Great examples everywhere of top producers who have been here 20+ years, also new producers who are successful quickly. All of which are very supportive. None of the negative slams from teammates or leaders, only training, coaching, help and support.

Cons

None really. Would like to contribute to 401k from Day 1, if I had to pick something.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. We are bringing in good people to pair with the awesome people who are already here. As we stay focused on the growth of the company and the personal growth of the people working here, we are set up to have even more amazing years than we have before.

"Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good leadership, very forward thinking, and overall good direction in the company. Excellent earning potential as well.

Cons

Overall it has been a very positive experience.

"Interim Physicians.... Terrible company"

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some very nice co-workers, but they are constantly in fear of losing their jobs.
    If you are a good ole boy, then this is the place for you.
    If you have a criminal background Interim Physicians will happily put you in a management position.

Cons

This organization overburdens you by making you routinely work more than 50 hours a week.
    Absence of fair practices and absence of appreciation in treatment from employers and administrators.
    Scapegoating: Workers are deprecated and high performers are intimidated - mistakes are clarified by accusing others of the faults.
    Bullying by Leaders
    Expectations are not communicated
    Bad Conduct is allowed towards other co-workers
    Colleagues suffer from stress-related physical and emotional illnesses
    No Loyalty

Advice to Management

Advice to co-workers: try your best to recognize the positive things. Negativity at Interim Physicians will always exist.

"Not great, but some nice people. Beware of 'gaslighting' and the myth of 'company culture.'"

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time

Pros

I worked with some nice people. The office hours are good. There are some hardworking people doing good work, but that does not tell the entire story of what it's like to work here.

Cons

Company culture should start from the top down in actions, not words. Management talked a lot about company culture, but didn't live it in a truly meaningful way.

My experience was that fear drove a lot of management's and staff's behaviors at Interim Physicians. People were afraid to speak the truth to the CEO from what I saw, because they felt the CEO wasn't truly interested in hearing it. The money seemed to be rolling in - this is a booming industry right now - and my experience was that management didn't care to look much beyond the money. Yet as an example of leading by fear, I witnessed the CEO rationalize away others' experiences because they didn't agree with his chosen narrative. And I was on an all-employee email where he berated an employee in an attempt to teach him (and I assume everyone else) a lesson. The CEO was a smiling salesman on the surface, but his behavior was controlling and bullying at its core. He would tell employees they were doing well one minute then changing the work parameters, goals and narrative in order to criticizing employees' work the next minute. He kept employees on guard and afraid in this way. That's called gaslighting and I saw it frequently and in many forms at Interim Physicians.

And in a particularly terrible example of not valuing its employees, the company did not offer employees the standard six-week paid maternity leave that nearly all other companies provide. As a result, I watched an exhausted young woman return to work within two weeks after delivering her first child because she said she could not afford to be without a paycheck. It was heartbreaking. She had to choose between her and her newborn's health and well-being and a paycheck. There was no excuse for treating an employee with so little care. There was no reason Interim Physicians could not have provided the bare minimum six weeks of paid maternity leave as part of its benefits package. It was the least they could have done to treat employees like valued human beings. It wouldn't have even cost them that much - it wasn't a big company, and there weren't that many women of childbearing age at the time, either! Until things like these change, everything else about the company and its 'culture' will just be lip service.

I really wanted to like working here, and of course it wasn't all bad, but there were just too many negative situations like these that made it impossible to see any future for myself at Interim Physicians.

Advice to Management

As other reviewers have noted, management seems to be very comfortable hearing what it wants to hear. So long as the money is rolling in, nothing else seems to matter. That's too bad.

5. "Interim Physicians........What a company!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a current employee of more than 2 yrs. now and I still absolutely LOVE coming to work everyday! The company itself is wonderful to work for and truly cares for their employees. The management team is very knowledgeable and supportive. My coworkers make it a great place to work!
     Whenever a problem arises with any one of my coworkers, we brainstorm as a team and can accomplish anything. I never feel unappreciated or undervalued. In fact, I have referred several people for positions within the company. I plan to continue my employment with I.P. for many years to come. Thank you I.P.

Cons

I can't say I have any con's to list but if I had to I would say the health insurance could use some addressing. I personally do not require the health insurance here but if I did, I feel there are better plans out there for the company to obtain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Things Are Looking Pretty Good at Interim Physicians!!"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am newer to Interim Physicians, I have been working as a Physician Recruiter here for 6 months now. I can honestly say that I have not experienced any of the negative things that some of the older reviews talk about. I have had nothing but success and positive experiences here. Just like any job, if you come in and do the things that you are supposed to do, you will have success. The tools that are provided here are wonderful! We just rolled out a new Website! The team here wants to see others succeed and are committed to helping in any way that they can. I can't speak to the company's culture prior to my employment here, but as it stands now, it's a terrific place to work, and my colleagues great!

I had previously worked for a different Locum Tenens staffing company. I worked there for 1 1/2 years and didn't come close to the success that I have experienced in just 6 months with Interim Physicians. As a recruiter, I have the opportunity to work in multiple specialties, on any open order that comes in. If you have ever worked for other staffing agencies in this industry, you know that most of them limit you to working in only one specialty. Being able to recruit in multiple specialties has defiantly been to my advantage. I am never told what job I should be working on, I work on the ones that I think will lead me to success. We have a great data base to work out of, and access to a few recruiting websites as well. The compensation package here is among the best in the industry and we have great benefits also. This company is structured for those that have the drive to succeed, to do just that!

Cons

We are spread out, with offices in Dallas, St. Louis, Salt Lake, and Atlanta. This is only a Con if you are solely communicating with your colleagues through text and emails, as many know, it is hard to dictate tone in an email. If you are calling your colleagues and communicating at least once in awhile via phone, this becomes a non-issue. The company also has an event each year where they fly everyone into the home office in St. Louis, so you can put a face with the folks that you are communicating with on a daily basis, very helpful!!

Advice to Management

I would like to see us do some of the Physician Conventions and would like to see us add another website or two to our current tools that we use.

"Recruiting Director"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been here with Interim in excess of 20 years full time. If you are a highly motivated Sales person who is driven to succeed this is a terrific work environment.
    The company prides itself on providing excellent tools for it's Sales staff in order for them to obtain success. We have a terrific Software system that has unbelievable search and functionality capabilities. We also have access to other tools which I will not disclose which assist the Sales person in obtaining success. We provide excellent training ( including ongoing assistance) while a new person to the organization is ramping up their book of business.
    I have read some disparaging reviews on here by some former employees who for one reason or another are no longer here. I can say unequivocally that the vast majority of these former sales personnel simply did not have the drive or insisted upon doing things their own way. We have a proven sales process that is second to none. If you still have doubts please contact us and we can demonstrate the proficiency of how we go about performing our business at an extremely high level. You only need to know that we have many Senior level tenured people who continue year after year to have a vast amount of success in an extremely competitive market place.

Cons

There are no Cons to working at Interim if you are truly interested in wanting to work hard and obtain success.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide ongoing Sales training and sales support.

"Interim Physicians Keeps Racking up Awards!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Interim Physicians is an excellent company to work for! Not only is it a 3 time recipient of Inc Magazine's" Inc 5,000" award (top 5,000 privately held businesses in the country), it is also a recipient of the 2017 Best of Staffing Client Satisfaction and Best of Staffing Talent Satisfactions. My coworkers are some of the hardest working individuals in the industry. 2016 was a record year for Interim and 2017 is shaping up to be the same. The CEO is an expert in the staffing industry and every single employee has direct access to him.

Cons

It's a shame that former employees use the cover of anonymity to trash a well respected company with blatant lies. Take these negative reviews with a grain of salt. Having worked here for 8 years I can tell you who most of these people are and there are good reasons why they are no longer working here. You can be as successful at Interim as you want to be. Nothing is handed to you, you have to work for it. But if you put in the time and effort, you WILL be successful (and make a good living in the process).

Advice to Management

To the CEO....stay the course. Your current Interim team knows what the expectations are, and more importantly, how to deliver on those expectations. We back you and your vision 100%.

"Great Company w/ Fun Culture!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interim Physicians (Less than a year)

Pros

Interim Physicians has been without a doubt an excellent, welcoming, and career boosting employer in my first year. I didn’t have the pleasure of reading other reviews prior to accepting a position with the company, however, I can simply say that this company greatly values its employees and exhausts every possible resource to ensure each individual is afforded the opportunity to grow financially and professionally. The leadership at the very top is concerned with growing each individual and provides each employee with the tools to be successful.

Cons

I think you need to look at whether or not a competitive market is something for you. This industry is not for everyone, in fact, a lot of people with prior experience will join our organization thinking they know what it takes to be successful here. Some are right, some are wrong. The only market is steady and growing rapidly. Additionally, this industry is extremely competitive and requires fast and thorough individuals who need to succeed. If you are someone that can keep up with the pace, this is a very lucrative career option!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the organization. Clearly the path the organization is on will yield results, so keep investing in the employees who want more out of their career. Overall, my experience here has surpassed anything I could have expected from my previous employer in twice (if not more) the amount of time.

"Terrible Atmosphere with no Leadership"

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time

Pros

I am honestly trying to think of some, but nothing comes to mind.

Cons

Husband and wife couple are allowed special treatment and get passed all the accounts. The CEO is an extremely mean individual and purposely tries to bait sales rep's against each other. He makes bad comments about very good sales rep's after they decide to leave his company and he does this in front of the team. I wonder sometimes if the CEO and the CFO have a conscious due to the unethical things they follow through with.

Advice to Management

Management needs serious help.