Intermedia "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Intermedia Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated May 30, 2019

4.6
Intermedia CEO Michael Gold
Michael Gold
Pros
  • "Intermedia is a great place to work(in 39 reviews)

• "Such great people that value teamwork and always willing to help(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Intermedia has grown into new tech categories as the company grows(in 15 reviews)

• "No cons to speak of, as the company is always looking forward and appreciates its employees(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"New employee and loving it!"

Current Employee - Senior Channel Program Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time

Pros

Great culture, great people, extremely personalized on boarding process, from lunch with the CMO and CEO to small group product training and collaboration. Good reputation in the market.

Cons

My commute. No unlimited PTO.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

Intermedia2019-05-31
  2. "Great culture, low salaries"

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people, friendly culture, mostly positive vibes, low levels of drama, great work-live balance

Cons

low salaries compared to the market, no equity share at lower levels, promotions are uneven

Intermedia2019-04-23

"Opportunity abounds"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- A mission you can stand behind: helping small businesses be successful and competitive - Great people - Opportunities to develop new skills and move into new positions - Managers who delegate, support, coach - Cutting-edge technology like webRTC

Cons

- No different challenges that any other company in Silicon Valley has

Intermedia2018-10-26

"Intermedia has great growth opportunities!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my team!!! Such great people that value teamwork and always willing to help. Intermedia has given me opportunities to work with many different departments so I've learned a lot over the past year and a half. Intermedia is fast growing and has a bright future ahead!!

Cons

The office culture is pretty low. Not many people interact with each other in the Cafe. I wish there were more events that brought the office together.

Advice to Management

Get involved with the office culture. It's really nice to see management be apart of office parties and celebrations but this didn't happen too often.

Intermedia2018-05-02

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Intermedia full-time

Pros

Great people Good insurance and benefits Probably too many free drinks and snacks :) Forward-thinking company that changes quickly Not generally micromanaged

Cons

Could use a few better internal processes Internal communication could be a bit better

Advice to Management

All in all, I can't complain much. Intermedia is one of the best places to work I have been at in my career. They are fair and try hard with the pretty lean staff they have. Everyone seems to care about doing a good job and putting out a great product.

Intermedia2018-04-05

"Management has its finger on the pulse of the company"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I’ve been with the company for a combined total of 20 years of service, following coming into the company through an acquisition. What kept me happy at the previous company and now in my 4+ years with Intermedia is the same – great people, the culture, innovative products and career opportunities. I actually look forward to coming to work every day, spending time with an incredibly talented team. Our goal is to... provide a “Worry-Free Experience.” This mindset spreads through the entire organization and extends out to our customers and partners. I love that the company is always evaluating how it can improve, never resting or being satisfied by achieving the status quo. For instance, last year as a direct result of employee feedback, the company started offering us 401k matching. This year we launched our Intermedia Unite communication and collaboration product, which was highly anticipated and has already been extremely well received by both our partner community and customers. The future is exciting at Intermedia.

Cons

No cons to speak of, as the company is always looking forward and appreciates its employees.

Advice to Management

None for now. The management has its finger on the pulse of the goings-on within the company and the industry as a whole.

Intermedia2018-03-01

"Opportunity ahead - for Intermedia AND its employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Intermedia is the type of company that nurtures careers. Those that work hard and think outside of the box are rewarded here, and we truly have some great people! I love what I do, and I feel like I get to make a difference every day. I have the creative freedom to do what I think is best for the company. I am able to try new things. I get to work with and learn from people in all areas of the organization,... including a dedicated and passionate management team. Even the CEO makes himself available to staff at all levels and appreciates well considered recommendations and feedback. I feel like my voice is heard and my opinions are validated. I also have a direct manager that has my back, and that says a lot in today's workplace. I've been able to carve out what my role looks like and my manager has been incredibly supportive of this.

Cons

No cons, really. At any company that challenges the status quo, change will be inevitable. The same is true at Intermedia. We've made an impactful pivot to make further investments in the UCaaS market and the future of communication and collaboration. While change can breed uncertainty in some, for most, this is a time of excitement and energy. Intermedia Unite takes the needs of SMBs and the partner community into... account and is built to scale and customize as needs evolve. I am very proud to be a part of the organization that has created this solution and love the opportunities that it brings to Intermedia's customers, as well as to my own personal career.

Advice to Management

Continue to regularly communicate with staff about the strategic direction of the company. I believe those that truly understand the nuances behind these shifts are inspired and excited for the ride ahead. I know I am!

Intermedia2018-02-28

"STAY AWAY"

I have been working at Intermedia full-time

Pros

GREAT people work here outside of management Cool lofty building Subsidized lunches

Cons

Poor management/leadership Quota-driven positions often cheated of earnings Little opportunity to work from home despite long commutes Insurance not 100% covered No stock options (only available for director level jobs)

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and provide better vision

Intermedia2017-10-26

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+ Great People! + Winning culture! + TONS of opportunity for advancement for performers (key word, for performers) + High degree of collaboration

Cons

- Teams seem very lean - Training is good, but could be better.

Advice to Management

More resources would allow many teams to further play "offense" and allow Intermedia to reach its full potential.

Intermedia2017-03-28

"If you want a world class sales professionals you need to pay them like world class sales professionals"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Intermedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great People -promote from within -provide food and drink

Cons

-decelerators and a quota set too high without the proper channels of leads to generate the food needed to meet the target -No 401K match -New management from Microsoft implementing a commission structure from Microsoft while not increasing pay to properly reflect the industry average causing an adverse impact on sales people annual pay -the below average annual salary

Advice to Management

If you want a world class sales professionals you need to pay them like world class sales professionals.

Intermedia2017-01-07