Intermedix Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Joel Portice

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance as there is no long work hours even during closing (in 8 reviews)

• Flexible hours as long as your job is done (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management needs to Learn some compassion and people skills (in 11 reviews)

• One of the many cons was there was no training at all (in 9 reviews)

"Support Center Tech 2"

Current Employee - Support Center Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Support Center Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance
    12 hour schedule allows considerable freedom in personal life
    Very little oversight unless problems arise

Cons

Plenty of favoritism, lots of 'drink the punch' mentality
    Plenty of passing the buck to other departments
    Management favors the 'stick' rather than 'carrot'
    No opportunity for advancement outside of said favoritism
    Very little regard for employee burnout/mental health
    Poor health benefits package

"Corporate Politics...."

Former Employee - Account Services Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Services Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Intermedix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work you do at Intermedix supports the medical field. You are helping firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics, Nurses, etc with their technological needs.

Cons

Micromanaged and told by Regional Sales Director that making suggestions for improving processes was "outside of my realm of responsibility." No opportunity for growth. Upper management needs to Learn some compassion and people skills. Leadership is lacking - leadership development would help.

Advice to Management

Be professional and courteous to all employees. Professional development is desperately needed. Promote from within.

"Don't Bother If You Have Other Options"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Decent PTO to start - 3 weeks to start, then 4 after the first year, then 5 after five years.

Pittsburgh office specific stuff (if in a different office, YMMV) - The dress code is casual and environment is laid back. Free snacks and coffee, shower facility, decent modern office - open office environment.

Most of the Emergency Preparedness software that they make provide a solution to real world problems and are used in emergency situations all of the time. This isn't an eCommerce shop churning out seasonal shopping apps.

Cons

Most of the Emergency Preparedness software that they make provide a solution to real world problems and are used in emergency situations all of the time... and a lot of times their architecture can't handle the load.

At the enterprise level - they can't seem to decide what kind of company they want to be. Ten years ago it was a medical billing / coding company. Six years ago they started acquiring emergency preparedness companies (and have since gutted them and left only skeleton crews on those products and are now attempting to data mine them), but now their new craze is "Analytics" so everything else gets ignored. Intermedix is another company that has allowed nepotism and crony capitalism to override business acumen and process efficiency in many positions of power.

The benefits are a joke - it is upwards of $1000 per month for family coverage that won't cover most things beyond a yearly "well visit". Recent calculations showed that, for a family, one would need to spend $17,000 in premiums and deductible before 95% of things are covered by the plan at all. The company has shown no willingness to change from this plan for the past few years, citing "the market" as the reason.

At the local level - They have no interest in competing with other companies for tech talent, to the point that they even make no effort to retain veteran devs with many years of product knowledge and code expertise. Management is unwilling to address or handle real conflict and simply treats anyone who reports others for bad attitudes / lackluster attendance / poor work ethic as a "trouble maker".

Despite using modern VC and CI tools, they have a needlessly custom display framework, insist on implementing Agile methodologies even when it doesn't make sense to do so and don't pay enough attention to technical debt or coding standards. It's hard to do any of those when turnover has been allowed to churn through all of veteran talent and recent hires are forced to guess through a hodge-podge codebase that is over 13 years old.

If you just got out of college and are looking for a place to cut your teeth for 6-24 months or simply just need a paycheck no matter what the amount, then this is the place for you. You can expect to be paid the lowest amount of money that they can get away with, and unless you ask for a raise, expect COLA or lower every year.

Advice to Management

* Decide what kind of company you would like to be, and sell off the parts that don't fit into that.
    * Treat your employees much better, get reasonable health benefits.
    * Pay your employees better and maybe people will stay

4. "PAR - customer service/call center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Intermedix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a really easy job to learn if you have no experience, the staff is extremely friendly and co-workers all get along with each other, very clean atmosphere inside and outside, convenient location, can change positions within 6 months if you qualify, very good open door policy

Cons

Starting pay is $13 a hour which is non-negotiable regardless if you have experience of not and does not increase regardless of your tenure or performance, however, they do offer monthly bonuses after 90 days, 30 minute lunches,

"Management needs training on how to manage employees efficiently."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Intermedix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really isn't much of a pro answer to add.

Cons

Job is stressful due to the department being short-staffed, training is not given, management is unaware of how to delegate assignments and get assignments in a timely manner. If the manager becomes under fire for doing something wrong, will throw you under the bus. Workers are stressed without any relief.

Advice to Management

Train managers not to gossip and cause division within the workplace.

"Don't work at Intermedix"

Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Intermedix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, but bad benefits.

Cons

To begin, I was a very good employee who followed the rules and completed my work on time and high quality, earning the company millions of dollars. I hated working there because of how they treated me and many others in the company, who put their heart and soul into it, with no appreciation. They hired me under false promises. Poor leadership, worse management, do not care about employees, culture of fear, fire and layoff people often, negative culture, sexist culture, ageist culture, not welcoming, production oriented - not people-oriented, no professional development, not career oriented, nepotism central, hire friends and family but lay-off or fire other employees, especially if they have a long tenure. They do NOT care about people. If you aren't a VP, you are a nobody and they treat you that way. You always have to watch your back. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at this horrible company. I have never worked at a worse place and I have been in the military. I was more respected in the military as an E-4 than I was at Intermedix. They treated me like a monkey. I don't know how I lasted 2 1/2 years. No one should even buy their products, because they don't care about their customers, just about making a buck now. Don't believe any promises that Intermedix makes - whether it's to employees or to customers.

Advice to Management

Learn some compassion and people skills, and actually learn how to manage people and give them direction. Leadership is lacking - leadership development would help.

7. "I like what I do"

Current Employee - Batching Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Batching Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like The environment and the goals of the company the most would be a overall excellent job if the pay was better

Cons

The pay could be way better the amount of productivity and work put in should speak for itself other then that it's alright

Advice to Management

Way underpaid for the amount of work put it

"Worst company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Addison, TX

I worked at Intermedix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours nothing more to say that is positive. Good location, parking garage, lunchroom, secure location and security guards, that is all

Cons

Too many to list. Bullying by management, very unprofessional office, harassment occurs daily and is overlooked by HR and Sr Management. Employee cussing very prevalent

Advice to Management

Time to turnover management and get better talent and professionalism

"OKC"

Former Employee - Credentialing in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Credentialing in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Intermedix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hours are flexible, in certain areas.

Cons

Insurance is horrible, management is entirely unprofessional, unsupportive, sexist

Advice to Management

Training and support are imperative for successful employees. Motivation is needed, and religion should be more private. When mistakes are made, they would be best dealt with in private, as a training experience, rather than a constant Balmer game and cover up.

"Patient Account Rep"

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Intermedix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to gain skills and knowledge

Cons

They laid off people without notice.