Intermountain Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rose Lopez

"Supportive nonprofit"

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

There are a lot of training opportunities in clinical models. The work schedules in my job are flexible. For people good at maintaining their schedule and the expectations, there are a lot of opportunities to keep a work life balance. The work we do is so important to the community. I enjoy my coworkers and feel like I get solid direction and support from my supervisor.

Cons

Working in the behavioral health system can be difficult. The environment is fast paced and some of my coworkers struggle with setting their own schedule and meeting the demands of the job. The behavioral health system keeps changing and it requires adjustments at Intermountain and it can be hard to be flexible to the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in training. Consider a training caseload management (some of the staff are great at this and could help training and putting it together) to assist the staff who are having a hard time prioritizing and juggling.

2. "Good intentions but lacking in follow through."

Current Employee - Applied Behavioral Tech

I have been working at Intermountain Centers part-time

Pros

Fulfilling work, different every day.

Cons

Poor management, very little training. Stretched too thin in some areas.

Advice to Management

Touch base with people who work outside of the office more and provide better training.

3. "Run away"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intermountain Centers full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Regular staff, clients, site supervisors, the academy

Cons

Ceo knows money, nothing about behavioral health. Management heavy on nepotism.

Advice to Management

Throw the ceo overboard

4. "Behavior Coach"

I worked at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

As always working with members and their family, making a difference in their lives.

Cons

Supervisors not adhering to job requirements as outlined in the job description. It is understandable that you may be asked to do something not related to your job, however, you should not be asked to do a job outside your scope of practice without having the education or credentials to do so. Low pay for what you are required to do and how many billable (face to face) units you should meet every month. It started to...

5. "Management will throw you under the bus"

I worked at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

Helping children and their families and making a real impact in their lives, caring and supportive coworkers

Cons

High caseload, driving to client homes miles apart, untrustworthy supervisors who are honestly under too much pressure which leads to unethical practice

Advice to Management

Don't fire loyal and excelling employees for something their direct supervisor condoned and continue to allow that supervisor to work. Make sure expectations are clear, especially in regards to late documentation due to extenuating circumstances. Bring back bonuses!

6. "Great agency with a great mission"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Knowledgeable and caring staff. Good benefits package for employees.

Cons

Annual raises are not given.

Advice to Management

Continue being a valuable resource to the community. Take great care of staff, as they are vital to the growth and reputation of the Intermountain.

7. "Unbearable stress from management"

Former Employee - Counselor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intermountain Centers full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Coworkers and helping the clientele was the high point of working here. Each day was a challenge and very rewarding to see people improve their lives. Schedule flexibility nd good hours.

Cons

Poor management top to bottom by folks I wouldn’t trust to walk my dog. The 10,000 pieces of good you do will be rewarded (if at all) with useless little chotchkes. No bonuses. No raises. No COLA. Drama! Oh my lord, the drama! If you like working under the whip, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Ugliness flows from the top. Get a new CEO. One with people skills and an ounce of compassion. Be proactive as opposed to reactionary about everything. Stop treating the good employees like crap. Learn about productive organizational structure, good management techniques, and effective chains-of-command. Answering the same email from four separate entities is ridiculously chaotic.

8. "A growing and innovative place to work!"

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Intermountain is a great place to work if your looking to make a great impact on your community. The higher ups have been working to improve the experience for not only members but also employees. There are so many areas within the company, that one who doesn’t mind hard work could develop and grow professionally. . Anyone who does not do well at Intermountain is because they chose not to.

Cons

There’s ALOT to learn about the company that it may take sometime to really figure out how all the parts are connected to help serve members. Behavioral Health is a very complex system. If your heart is not in it you will not have a good experience.

Advice to Management

My advice for management would be to continue setting high expectations for service quality and delivery from employees. Not everyone is qualified or fit to work in behavioral health needless to say Intermountain.

"Dedicated Recovery Coach"

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

Leaving for better opportunities

Cons

Unclear expectations Shady supervision Incompetent management teams Long hours Low pay

Advice to Management

Hire clinical supervisors who have more than an LBSW and residential experience. Get rid of AP Stop wasting employee time with nonsense meetings and games that no one cares about

"Stressful"

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

As another review has stated, the coworkers are friendly and will help you when given the chance. They do seem like they want to help the clientele that come through here. They do try and accommodate your needs in regards to scheduling (school, family). When given, overtime can help offset the fact that there is no raise

Cons

As stated, no raise, no growth. I've known people who have been here up to 5 years (maybe more) before I started and they have not had any increase in pay. You start to feel stuck. Overtime is being cut back. There was a time when you could easily pick up an extra day. Now, unless you have to stay for a crisis, you're supposed to be gone when the schedule says. Can be very stressful. Like, very stressful.

Advice to Management

Provide some type of growth

Found 15 reviews