Intermountain Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Rose Lopez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Supportive nonprofit"

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

There are a lot of training opportunities in clinical models. The work schedules in my job are flexible. For people good at maintaining their schedule and the expectations, there are a lot of opportunities to keep a work life balance. The work we do is so important to the community. I enjoy my coworkers and feel like I get solid direction and support from my supervisor.

Cons

Working in the behavioral health system can be difficult. The environment is fast paced and some of my coworkers struggle with setting their own schedule and meeting the demands of the job. The behavioral health system keeps changing and it requires adjustments at Intermountain and it can be hard to be flexible to the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in training. Consider a training caseload management (some of the staff are great at this and could help training and putting it together) to assist the staff who are having a hard time prioritizing and juggling.

2. "Behavior Coach"

I worked at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

As always working with members and their family, making a difference in their lives.

Cons

Supervisors not adhering to job requirements as outlined in the job description. It is understandable that you may be asked to do something not related to your job, however, you should not be asked to do a job outside your scope of practice without having the education or credentials to do so. Low pay for what you are required to do and how many billable (face to face) units you should meet every month. It started to become more about quantity rather than quality of service.

3. "Management will throw you under the bus"

I worked at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

Helping children and their families and making a real impact in their lives, caring and supportive coworkers

Cons

High caseload, driving to client homes miles apart, untrustworthy supervisors who are honestly under too much pressure which leads to unethical practice

Advice to Management

Don't fire loyal and excelling employees for something their direct supervisor condoned and continue to allow that supervisor to work. Make sure expectations are clear, especially in regards to late documentation due to extenuating circumstances. Bring back bonuses!

4. "Great agency with a great mission"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable and caring staff. Good benefits package for employees.

Cons

Annual raises are not given.

Advice to Management

Continue being a valuable resource to the community. Take great care of staff, as they are vital to the growth and reputation of the Intermountain.

5. "Unbearable stress from management"

Former Employee - Counselor in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Counselor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intermountain Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers and helping the clientele was the high point of working here. Each day was a challenge and very rewarding to see people improve their lives. Schedule flexibility nd good hours.

Cons

Poor management top to bottom by folks I wouldn’t trust to walk my dog. The 10,000 pieces of good you do will be rewarded (if at all) with useless little chotchkes. No bonuses. No raises. No COLA. Drama! Oh my lord, the drama! If you like working under the whip, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Ugliness flows from the top. Get a new CEO. One with people skills and an ounce of compassion. Be proactive as opposed to reactionary about everything. Stop treating the good employees like crap.

Learn about productive organizational structure, good management techniques, and effective chains-of-command. Answering the same email from four separate entities is ridiculously chaotic.

6. "A growing and innovative place to work!"

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intermountain is a great place to work if your looking to make a great impact on your community. The higher ups have been working to improve the experience for not only members but also employees. There are so many areas within the company, that one who doesn’t mind hard work could develop and grow professionally. . Anyone who does not do well at Intermountain is because they chose not to.

Cons

There’s ALOT to learn about the company that it may take sometime to really figure out how all the parts are connected to help serve members. Behavioral Health is a very complex system. If your heart is not in it you will not have a good experience.

Advice to Management

My advice for management would be to continue setting high expectations for service quality and delivery from employees. Not everyone is qualified or fit to work in behavioral health needless to say Intermountain.

"Dedicated Recovery Coach"

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

Leaving for better opportunities

Cons

Unclear expectations
    Shady supervision
    Incompetent management teams
    Long hours
    Low pay

Advice to Management

Hire clinical supervisors who have more than an LBSW and residential experience.
    Get rid of AP
    Stop wasting employee time with nonsense meetings and games that no one cares about

"Stressful"

I have been working at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

As another review has stated, the coworkers are friendly and will help you when given the chance. They do seem like they want to help the clientele that come through here.
    They do try and accommodate your needs in regards to scheduling (school, family).
    When given, overtime can help offset the fact that there is no raise

Cons

As stated, no raise, no growth. I've known people who have been here up to 5 years (maybe more) before I started and they have not had any increase in pay. You start to feel stuck.
    Overtime is being cut back. There was a time when you could easily pick up an extra day. Now, unless you have to stay for a crisis, you're supposed to be gone when the schedule says.
    Can be very stressful. Like, very stressful.

Advice to Management

Provide some type of growth

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

The coworkers are friendly. They obviously want to help people in need and a few were willing to help coach you so long as they weren't too busy.

Cons

HORRIBLE PAY- well below industry average for Tucson
    Impossible to reach incentives (must work 20 hours per week extra to get a $250 monthly bonus, and you won't get it unless your notes are in DAILY which is impossible. no other competitor requires daily notes, they are usually due at the end of the month, not within 24 hours)
    No flexibility (though work-life balance is always advertised)
    Long hours. Get ready to work 7 AM to 11 PM, 7 days per week.
    Milage reimbursement is worse than any other competitor
    Work most weekends, literally MOST. Forget taking a vacation.
    No raises. No motivation from supervisors. Supervisors are cocky without reason.

Advice to Management

The company has lost dozens of employees, months at a time due to poor management, lack of morale from supervisors, and a total lack of leadership. Things under the new CEO have not been better at all. She tries, and so did the founder, but they have hired a couple of horrible director-level people who are hated by most of the company.
    Dozens of people quit or were fired because of the horrible transition after the merger and change of CEO. Management has no leadership.

"They are okay"

I worked at Intermountain Centers full-time

Pros

Like a family.
    Flexible.
    Ok starting pay.

Cons

No raises.
    No incentives.
    No over time.
    Not enough employees.

Advice to Management

Care a bit more for your employees.