Intermountain Healthcare Reviews in Logan, UT | Glassdoor

Logan, UT

4.8
A. Marc Harrison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Managers see to work with you and understand your need for a healthy work life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Great benefits and paid time off (in 80 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay masked as having great benefits (in 42 reviews)

• Non-profit status hides a lot of sins (in 15 reviews)

"RN-1"

Current Employee - RN-1 in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - RN-1 in Logan, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, patient load ranges from 4-6 patients per shift. Hospitalist service usually ensures that the doc has already been awake and is more frequently in the hospital so it is easier to get a hold of him/her.

Cons

Very coorperate. 6 patients is a lot to take care of with all the expectations IMC has for the care of all their patients.

"Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Patient Care in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Patient Care in Logan, UT

Pros

My family has worked with this company for as long as I've been alive. It is a great place to work! They really focus on taking care of the patient as a person and are consistently improving their care. Benefits are phenomenal! I have never seen coverage like it. From incentive programs(where they pay to be healthy and manage stress) to healthcare coverage there is always someone you talk to about you and your family. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Cons

It can be very hard to get in. Once you are in though, you're there. Due to high application income the screening can be brutally. If you answer one question wrong, your application doesn't ever make it to a person to look at. Make sure all your certifications (BLS, CPR, ect) are update before you apply

3. "IHC is an all-around great company. Keep expectations of moving up low."

Former Employee - Patient Accounts Resolution Specialist in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Patient Accounts Resolution Specialist in Logan, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid company, organized, efficient, constantly looking to improve, good people, amazing benefits

Cons

salary is low, under qualified and uneducated

Advice to Management

Allow room for employees to move up the company ladder

"Good Job, Good People"

Former Employee - Material Management in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Material Management in Logan, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly staff, good environment, good education opportunities.

Cons

To many "Office Politics".

"Unfortunate the turn management has taken in the last 3-4 years......."

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Logan, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefit package, 36hr work week, great physicians and employees

Cons

Too much of a corporate environment, too focused on budgets and not "healing" or patient care. My experience along with many other coworkers and the Physician i worked for( who by the way ended up relocating because of the environment)found management to be hostile, micro-managing, inexperiended in the health care field, and showed lots of favoritism.

Advice to Management

If "Healing for Life" is truly your mission, why not start with your employees by making sure they really do work in a "safe,welcome and at ease" work environment. What goes on behind closed doors with management in my experience was hostile, someone down the road is going to be smart and document their encounters with management and then you are going to have a lawsuit on your hands. I believe the corportate HR people had an idea of the work environment but seemed to turn the other cheek. I spent 6 wks at another Intermountain location and i found it to be VERY different. Logan needs to do some house cleaning of management.

6. "Overall, I enjoyed working at Intermountain Healthcare."

Former Employee - Teacher-Child Development Center in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Teacher-Child Development Center in Logan, UT

Pros

Intermountain Healthcare provided excellent benefits and the Center Director was supportive of staff taking time off when necessary. The Director secured raises for the staff during my time.

Cons

Very little communication with supervisor. The teacher to child ratios are at state limit and center could be very crowded. No standard curriculum or discipline policy.

Advice to Management

Meet with employees regularly to discuss performance and recognize achievements. The company culture was great and I felt supported by he company.