Intermountain Healthcare Reviews

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

32K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Intermountain Healthcare~2842
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "So they are basically able to keep pay low and artificially deflate the average that they aim to match.(in 155 reviews)
  • "Poor management, not open to new ideas or opinions that differ from their own.(in 86 reviews)
  • "Upper Management is bad at listening to lower level employees(in 35 reviews)
  • "Too many managers promoted above their abilities.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Leadership has no clue as to what the rank and file actually do.(in 27 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Intermountain Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great company

Sep 12, 2021 - Patient Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, leadership, and fair pay

Cons

Large company with restructuring happening often

Marketing and Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience working at Intermountain.

2. 5.0

Psych tech

Apr 5, 2022 - Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

is a safe place to work and is a safe place for the patients. high safety standards

Cons

management controls most things and it doesn't feel like employees have much input into policy overall

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback. Our focus is to continually improve our practices. We appreciate your review and will share it will our teams as we continue to move forward.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Shiny facade with a broken, top heavy infrastructure

May 19, 2022 - Portfolio Director in West Valley, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stellar reputation for research and innovation Positioned well for healthcare reform and expansion

Cons

No longer truly cares about employees. Constant churn of reorganization, leaving unstable work environment. Talent and training is no longer requisite, overshadowed by politics. Top heavy, multilayered leadership, creating much financial waste paid for by the frontline staff.

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We take all feedback seriously, and we want to assure you that we have procedures and standards in place to ensure all our caregivers have a positive experience.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Network Engineer

May 27, 2022 - Network Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic company to work for while I was there.

Cons

CEO started outsourcing alot of IT jobs to DXC

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not impressed with upper management choices.

Apr 9, 2022 - Office in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fellow employee's are supportive. There is diversity.

Cons

Departments are not managed appropriately. Hard to find answers from qualified employees without going in circles and becoming frustrated. Programs don't work right and rather than fix those issues to project correct numbers the management team is looking at it as if it is an employee issue which it is not so they are not capable of really making the best decisions for their department or seeing the complete picture if they don't have the proper mindset or skill set to see the real issues at hand. Don't outsource work outside the U.S You have no idea how unskilled these individuals are and they have no idea of what courteous customer service really is.

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for your review and for sharing a part of your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We encourage our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We take all feedback seriously, and we want to assure you that we have procedures and standards in place to ensure all our caregivers have a positive experience.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Local Manager and staff was great, Upper Management not so much.

May 20, 2022 - PACU RN in Provo, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice hospitals, Good health ins. if you have everything done in house.

Cons

Low Pay - Can't own home with salary this low. Upper management cares very little for anyone below them. Company openly wastes money but will not give raises. Company used to be the best place to work but not since Mark Harrison took over. Staffing ratios are not good.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Perks of a large organization bundled with the out of touch antics of large organization leadership.

May 17, 2022 - Pharmacy Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, competitive pay, flexibility (depending on your direct report)

Cons

The organization as a whole is not making pharmacy a priority which is problematic when underserved patients need outpatient medications.

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback. Our focus is to continually improve our practices. We take all feedback seriously, and we want to assure you that we have procedures and standards in place to ensure all our caregivers have a positive experience.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company. Well run. Good benefits.

May 20, 2022 - Patient Service Representative in Ogden, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with solid benefit package. People were friendly. Company has a great reputation. Days were busy and went by fast.

Cons

The schedule wasn't flexible. No part time opportunities. Some office politics and employee backstabbing.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 21, 2022 - Class C Driver in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Driving is fun to do

Cons

I have experienced no downsides

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company Good benefits

May 10, 2022 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Nice co workers Honors religious and medical exemptions

Cons

Vax and flu shot mandatory to work Masks are still mandatory in clinic Very pro COVID shots but it’s probably typical since it is a medical group. (However they do uphold the constitution and allow for religious exemption so I give them credit for that)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,878 Reviews

Intermountain Healthcare Reviews FAQs

Intermountain Healthcare has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,989 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Intermountain Healthcare to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Intermountain Healthcare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Intermountain Healthcare. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

69% of Intermountain Healthcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Intermountain Healthcare 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Intermountain Healthcare to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Intermountain Healthcare Job Seekers