Cover image for Intermountain Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

84.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Intermountain Healthcare~2842
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "So they are basically able to keep pay low and artificially deflate the average that they aim to match.(in 174 reviews)
  • "Poor management, not open to new ideas or opinions that differ from their own.(in 88 reviews)
  • "Upper Management is bad at listening to lower level employees(in 40 reviews)
  • "Too many managers promoted above their abilities.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Leadership has no clue as to what the rank and file actually do.(in 28 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Intermountain Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

I hope I’m here until I retire!

Sep 22, 2022 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, benefits, pay, & people!

Cons

I can’t think of any cons.

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We are happy to hear about your time at Intermountain Healthcare and that you enjoy our team-focused work culture. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

Nov 3, 2022 - Certified Phlebotomist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of different locations where you could work

Cons

Experience can vary greatly depending on your manager.

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

3. Join the Intermountain Healthcare team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good ratios, respect for license

Nov 25, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Provo, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great at keeping supplies stocked for nurses and hasn't ever forced me above sensible ratios. 5 patient teams on medical floors and 2 patient teams in ICU. Raises have been 10+% for last two years.

Cons

Low salary for cost of living, Utah is an expensive area. Benefits worsen each year I have been here (PTO accrual rates, monthly medical insurance payments doubling this year).

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. Additionally, at Intermountain Healthcare, we continuously adjust pay. We assess pay on an annual basis, to reflect geography, and as the market changes. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Dec 5, 2022 - Transplant Assistant in Murray, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote options available for workers.

Cons

Poor management, favoritism within departments, not a lot of opportunities to advance and grow, no appreciation towards hard work unless you are one of managements favorites. Employees feel like they're "replaceable" and not valued. Benefit premiums have spiked.

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We encourage our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. Programmatically, we build deliberate opportunities to be collaborative and share feedback. Additionally, Intermountain Healthcare is committed to life-long learning and providing professional development opportunities for all our caregivers. Upward mobility is a key focus for us. We implement educational resources that empower caregivers to gain new skills that drive personal and professional growth. Some of these resources include access to an online digital learning library and partial tuition coverage for a number of accredited programs. We take all feedback seriously and will share your review with our teams as we continue to move foward.

6. 4.0

Great manager

Dec 1, 2022 - Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great manager, makes it flexible to work with kids

Cons

Average base salary, but does have incentive shifts

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication, and we're happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with your leader. At Intermountain Healthcare, we continuously adjust pay. We assess pay on an annual basis, to reflect geography, and as the market changes. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Corporation not healthcare

Nov 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recently provided wage adjustments, making them more competitive with other healthcare positions. 12 hour shifts for most staff, benefits for employees - such as discounts on various activities, events, etc.

Cons

Healthcare is just another business and Intermountain is clearly run as such. Profit over people. Employees are not valued, there was no hazard pay during COVID, and Administration is unaware of the overwhelming burnout that's occurring due to the fact they are permitted to work from home. There's more traveler's than permanent staff due to the fact that you can get paid double or triple as a traveler to do the same job.

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We encourage our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. Programmatically, we build deliberate opportunities to be collaborative and share feedback. We take all feedback seriously and will share your review with our teams as we continue to move forward.

8. 4.0

Nov 25, 2022 - Rehab Aide in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience in physical therapy

Cons

Very physically and emotionally demanding setting.

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Intermountain is an organization with big ambitions and good people.

Nov 19, 2022 - Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable, good benefits, good talent base.

Cons

Want to be everything to everyone.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love this job

Nov 2, 2022 - Critical Care Tech in Ogden, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love Intermountain. It is the best organization to be involved in medical wise in the Wasatch front after comparing the employee care with my friends who work with others. I love the pay, benefits for just being part time. I never feel less than a nurse and I feel very equal with everyone.

Cons

With any healthcare job, burnout is a real thing.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Hopefully getting better

Dec 2, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful coworkers, meaningful work, great physicians

Cons

Poor board decisions based on what used to be core values of the company. More business than patient oriented

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We encourage our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. Programmatically, we build deliberate opportunities to be collaborative and share feedback. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,062 Reviews
</>Embed

Intermountain Healthcare Reviews FAQs

Intermountain Healthcare has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 2,190 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Intermountain Healthcare to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Intermountain Healthcare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Intermountain Healthcare. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

72% of Intermountain Healthcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Intermountain Healthcare 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Intermountain Healthcare to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Intermountain Healthcare Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Intermountain Healthcare? Share Your Experiences

Intermountain Healthcare logo

Affiliated Companies

Intermountain Healthcare Careers

Cover image for Intermountain Healthcare

We are Intermountain Healthcare. We're looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us fulfill our mission:...More

• Mission, Vision & Values
  • Advantages of Intermountain
  • Benefits
  • Diversity and Inclusion

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

0 days ago

Company News
You’re live…with Primary Children’s! Intermountain Primary Children’s Hospital has been selected by the Ryan Seacrest Foundation as the next site for a Seacrest Studio, a state-of-the-art broadcast media center that will allow kids to explore the wonders of radio, television, and new media while receiving treatment. “Providing safe and engaging experiences to patients during their hospital stay is a critical part of their healing, wellbeing, and continued development as kids,” said Katy Welkie, chief executive officer of Primary Children’s Hospital and vice president of Intermountain Children’s Health. We can’t wait to share even more about this interactive experience for patients and families. Coming to Primary Children’s next year!
Shared image - Ryan Seacrest Foundation Selects Intermountain Primary Childrens Hospital as Newest Site for a Seacrest Studio | Intermountain Healthcare
intermountainhealthcare.org

1 days ago

Community
When a surgery in early 2020 went unexpectedly wrong, Shawn Sorenson’s heart stopped. Thanks to the extraordinary efforts of a remarkable group of Intermountain caregivers, his life was saved, and he went home in less than a week. Shawn and his wife, Daun, set a goal to personally thank all the caregivers involved in his miraculous recovery. A global pandemic slowed them down, but they were recently able to connect with the last physician on their list. Both say they want all Intermountain caregivers to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated. “The way they made us feel when we were there was so great,” Shawn says. “Honestly, they made me want to get better, and not just physically. They made me want to be a better person. To care like some of them care. They were huge examples to us. What they do makes a difference.”
Shared image - Patient finally completes two-year effort to thank all caregivers involved in saving his life
intermountainhealthcare.org

Intermountain Healthcare Photos

+ Add Photo
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: LDS hospital
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Nurse
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Intermountain Medical Center
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: First COVID-19 vaccines administered.
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Budge Clinic
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible
Intermountain Healthcare photo of: Life Flight

Overstock.com

3.2

1,067 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 2,190 Intermountain Healthcare reviews submitted anonymously by Intermountain Healthcare employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Intermountain Healthcare is right for you.