Intermountain Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Fair and Reputable"

Former Employee - Front Desk
    Former Employee - Front Desk

I worked at Intermountain Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A structured company that listens. We were always short staffed (location) but I saw other departments and management help. Fair

Cons

Tight job market 401K or profit sharing is missing.

Advice to Management

Continue the open door. I found the company to be fair regarding rotating weekends and holidays.

2. "Consumes your soul with no regard to personal life."

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at Intermountain Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance and vision is nice.

Cons

I worked for IMM for almost two years. This company has lost sight of what a hotel management company is, all they care about is opening properties. My first year I never had a regional manager visit and shockingly my GM was fired because he wasn't supervised by the RDO. GM was fired and I gave my soul to the company as a fill in GM with no extra pay or incentives. They took SIX yes SIX months to find a GM. The interview process is apparently the same as a fortune 500 company looking for a CEO. My Regional Managers (I had 3 during my time) when they actually came to the hotel were more worried about making their bonus so they could stay at the owners vacation home. If you have a family or little kids on the way, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. The "Business of a thousand details" is a joke, I hope this company gets bought out by someone who remembers what the core values of the hotel industry is. Also they let ALL of the thousands and thousand of IMM employees w2s' get stolen via email at the corporate office resulting in peoples identity being stolen.

Advice to Management

Actually visit your properties. Spend the money for property improvement for your older properties.

"Maintenance"

Current Employee - Maintenance
    Current Employee - Maintenance

I have been working at Intermountain Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Intermountain Management is by far and away the best company I have ever worked for. It's not even close. Free insurance, benefits are great and wage scale is competitive. The above property people are very approachable and likable. The support given by the home office is incredible in every aspect from cleanliness, condition, IT, HR and just everyday functions of a hotel.

Cons

No negative things to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. "Ok pay, terrible corporate office.."

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Intermountain Management full-time

Pros

Decent pay, and great regional support. Also a lot of freedom if you are making your budget. Decent bonuses as well.

Cons

Corporate managers are very cold and not very nice. They project a family atmosphere, but in reality they are cold and unsupportive..

5. "Manager"

I have been working at Intermountain Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company history, humble and down to earth CEO, above Property leaders are hands on and always willing to jump in and help. The company does not terminate team members, the team members terminate themselves.

Cons

Adding 401K would be great...

Advice to Management

None...This website has become a platform to complain. It's like turning on a news channel and expecting positive news all day :) Do not let these few comments from former employees cloud the truth...

6. "All Depends on Luck"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in College Station, TX

I have been working at Intermountain Management part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Above minimum wage starting pay
    Flexible with school schedules

Cons

Fire and hire people at random
    Favoritism and politics in mgmt

"Maintenance"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Columbia, MO

I worked at Intermountain Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some benefits but no retirement or 401K. Five paid days off per year after a years employment and no paid holidays.

Cons

No support from corporate level management. Will tell you what you want hear but do absolutely nothing.Fired me without so much as any written or verbal warning after maintaining their property BY MY SELF FOR OVER A YEAR! Saw many fine people get fed up and quit including the on-site manager and assistant manager both in the same week! Steer clear of this bunch! They will work you half to death and then fire you if you complain or comment about how the conduct buisness!

Advice to Management

I don't think there is any advice I could give to the current management staff at any level, corporate or mid-level that they would either listen to or follow. Very unprofessional and narrow minded.

8. "A very unprofessional parting of ways."

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intermountain Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were good and I was provided with the effective tools to do my job well. HR and IT were responsive when I reached out to them.

Cons

It was most unprofessional of the Company to let me go without ever giving me one verbal or one written warning. I achieved much as the Director of Sales of a beautiful hotel and to completely blindside me was hard to comprehend.

Advice to Management

Please be sure to give a 30 day written notice to your Director of Sales or General Managers before you terminate them. That way, they will know what needs to be improved and they can work towards achieving those goals. I was let go without ever receiving a verbal or written warning and this is very improper and shoddy management. The new Regional Managers who came in never even went on a sales call with me. A very strange end to my time with Intermountain Management.

"Everyday hospitality job"

I worked at Intermountain Management full-time

Pros

Opportunity for advancement. Work close with upper management

Cons

Does not train. Wants everything perfect when management does not live up to perfect

Advice to Management

Train better. Pay better. Never forget it is your front desk associate and housekeeper that keeps the place running smoothly.

10. "Limited Service Mgt Company with Limited Mgmt"

I worked at Intermountain Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Standard benefits nothing out of ordinary

Cons

Micromanagement at all levels, with infelixbility in all aspects of operations

Advice to Management

None