Internal Data Resources "commission structure" Reviews | Glassdoor

Internal Data Resources Employee Reviews about "commission structure"

Updated Sep 26, 2019

4.2
Internal Data Resources Chief Operating Officer  Ashley Holahan (no image)
Ashley Holahan
Pros
  • "Ability to learn how hard work pays off(in 9 reviews)

• "Money - Recruiters and Account Managers have a great base pay and the best in the industry commission structure(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Extremely long hours (it might be the industry but even when you leave your 12 hour day, you still have work to do at home)(in 20 reviews)

• "It is really hard to say anything bad about the company itself so these cons are more geared towards the industry in staffing versus IDR as a company(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "commission structure"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Professional Development off the charts!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I say I love working at IDR, I’m not just exaggerating. I’d say 90% of the time, I am excited to go to work. Sales and staffing is ALWAYS a grind – if you have a problem with the industry itself, then of course, IDR wouldn’t be for you. But if you’re someone wanting to grow your career and develop professionally in the sales industry, there is no better industry than staffing, and there is no better staffing company than IDR. IDR is a little unique in that as we’ve grown, our leadership has still been able to maintain the pieces of our culture that make us unique while still remaining competitive and scaling our practices to compete with firms 2x, 3x, or even 10x our size. When I was interviewing for IDR, I was also interviewing at over 15 other companies. The most important things to me when I was choosing my job were opportunity for growth (personally, within the company, and with regards to my compensation) and company culture; IDR hits the nail on the head with each. With a combination of promotions and our commission structure, I’ve been able to nearly quadruple my first year total compensation, and I’ve now held 4 different positions along my chosen growth path – I have been here for 2 years. Something that was such a deciding factor when it came to choosing IDR and when it comes to me continuing to work here is that at IDR your growth is COMPLETELY based on the work you put in. The company culture, as I’ve seen it, is unmatched. I have several friends who enjoy their work but don’t enjoy their environment or vice-versa; I enjoy both. I feel motivated and challenged by my colleagues every day. Our personalities have core similarities that make us interested in sales (competitive, achievement-focused, outgoing) while we are still able to utilize other pieces of our personalities to personalize our staffing “style.” It’s somewhere I feel valued by my leadership and respected, and where I know if something is wrong there’s always someone I can talk to about it and we’ll create a solution. I could go on for paragraphs about this organization, but if you’re a hard worker, love working with people, want a career where you TRULY control your growth, and love making money, I’d 100% recommend IDR.

Cons

I can only think of 2 “cons”; the first is kind of a pro and a con, and it’s that we are growing at such a fast rate that at times it’s difficult to scale processes successfully the first time. This is a work in progress and we’re getting better at it for sure, but it comes with challenges of getting up to speed on processes we may realize a quarter from now aren’t working, so we’ll pivot and try something better. The plus of this is that I’ve noticed a concerted effort to keep transparent communication at the forefront, so as we’re figuring out how to scale everyone is kept in the loop of what’s working and what’s not. The other con isn’t even a con for everyone – it’s just the industry. Staffing is sales, and if you aren’t committed to “the game” of sales and willing to make sacrifices (time especially) then it’ll be harder to be successful. Your level of success is completely up to you, so if you are the type of person that gets in at 8am and leaves and 4:30pm and shuts off all work responsibilities at that point, then this won’t be for you. But if you’re open to being available more than that and occasionally working late if you need to, those things don’t impact you.

Advice to Management

Honestly - keep doing what you're doing. I've noticed such a focus on transparency from the time I started interviewing to now, and I feel like there's even more of a focus on that now. You really do a great job of creating the ESOP culture and encouraging buy in from early on in our careers.

Internal Data Resources2019-09-26
  2. "Leaders growing Leaders!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

We're an organically grown company - So you're being trained/led/mentored by those whom have been in your exact shoes! IDR's training is a huge pro - You're hands on from day one and have a dedicated Delivery manager who is committed to helping you to succeed & to exceed your goals. IDR has certain metrics in place to help to teach you the fundamental habits necessary to be successful & then you're given the autonomy to put your creative touch on your role, in order to get the job done! One thing that was important to me was finding a company who would allow me to grow at my own pace, regardless of my tenure & one that did not cap out commission-wise - IDR has allowed me to grow my career at an extremely rapid pace - Within two years I have already hit my third promotion & the un-capped commission structure has allowed me to exceed my financial goals month-over-month. At the end of the day, sales is sales and you have to be willing to put in the work to see the results - The difference is in IDR's culture - Our team acts as a close-knit family - We celebrate wins, push one-another to succeed, and support one-another every day. At IDR you'll grow both personally and professionally - You'll be able to give back what has been given to you, by continuing to mentor and lead, as others mentored/led you!

Cons

There is a ramp-up period in your first few months; Some see results quicker than others. Those who put their faith in the system and follow the playbook will see the results - It's all about trusting the process & jumping in with two feet!!!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Internal Data Resources2017-10-13

"Beware In-Coming College Graduates"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

They will pay you a high base salary, but it's because their commission structure is sooo low compared to other organizations in the same industry, and down the same street in Atlanta! This is a great job for straight out of college students, looking for their first jobs - BUT the CEO and branch manager's will capitalize on this.

Cons

You must drink the company kool-aid. You must befriend the CEO. It's most certainly a good-ol-boy system if you're trying to move up in the company. You're forced to work out and run 4 miles with the company, 2 days a week, rather than focus on your desk and being successful.

Advice to Management

You should consider getting new management if you're trying to change the direction of the company, not utilize the same resources, or you're duplicating your failure. Your turnover is the lowest in the industry for a reason, your competitors know how to retain top talent, you should take Notes.

Internal Data Resources2016-12-30

"Your success is up to you"

in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

Great company culture - high energy, fun. Professional development - a lot of time and money is put into training employees as well as continual development like Leadership Development and Mentorship Program Money - Recruiters and Account Managers have a great base pay and the best in the industry commission structure. Your annual salary is solely based on your ambition and what you put into it.

Cons

The only thing is that many of our employees are entry-level, right out of college so most are expecting a typical 8 to 5 and immediate gratification (hires and commission). It takes time and hard work to ramp up and to start being successful in the business. It's sales.

Internal Data Resources2016-06-22

"Awesome Experience"

Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

- upward mobility, company promotes from within - fun work environment with young professionals my age - management that genuinely cares and pushes you to grow and exceed expectations - extremely competitive base and generous commission structure in comparison to their competitors

Cons

- long hours, especially in the beginning - in the first 3-6 months it's tough to both maintain a highly active social life and ramp up quickly/establish yourself - non-stop, frantically fast work environment (pro or con, depending on who you ask) - highly competitive industry - you have to be a truly money-motivated individual to thrive, but those who do are making a killing.

Advice to Management

I think there have been some changes since I was there, but I personally enjoyed the management style. I also know several individuals within the Atlanta office that hold management roles now who I highly respect. Any future employees will be in good hands.

Internal Data Resources2015-10-07

"The Sky is the Limit! Great opportunity for Growth, Advancement, Good compensation, Culture, Values, Healthy!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You have the rare opportunity to be extremely successful in a quick amount of time - Promotions normally happen in less than 1.5 years of experience - Leadership Development Program - One of the top rated in the country - Health and Fitness Program - Personal trainers, bootcamps, active environment, paid for gym memberships - Work hard, play hard mentality - Higher base salary and better commission structure than its competitors - I know because I had interviewed at its competitors - Challenge every single day - no 2 days are alike and no day is ever spent watching the clock - Work when you want, freedom and ability to recruit and make a difference in and out of office - Culture - you would have to see it to believe it - fun atmosphere, energetic, positive - The successful people here stay here and have unbelieveable growth potential and vision from the CEO, managers, etc. - You will make a difference in peoples lives - finding jobs for the best talent in Nashville - Base salary and good commission structure - benefits, better PTO than most companies, Holiday pay, etc. - Strong relationship building with the Branch Managers and CEO

Cons

- The industry is very competitive and challenging, but for a driven to be successful person this should not be a con - You will be compensated for the time and efforts you put into the company, it starts off with putting more time in at first, but gets much better as you get better - You will be challenged every single day

Advice to Management

Keep the vision strong.

Internal Data Resources2013-12-11
  7. "Unbelievable Opportunity"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

IDR is a place that fosters continuous growth at all times. The President is constantly pushing us to get better so we can be successful in our careers. I've learned so many valuable skills professionally and personally here. Our commission structure is the best in the industry from what I hear as well so that is nice too!

Cons

The hours can wear on you from time to time.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and continue to be open to new ideas as you have been!

Internal Data Resources2013-01-29
  8. "Great company to work for - work hard, make good money, and spend time with fun people!"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Joining IDR was a great decision. There is a ton of growth potential -I had 2 promotions in my first year and a half. Also, the commission structure is hard to beat. If you work hard and deliver results - your pay check will reflect it. Sure it doesn't happen overnight but hard work and patience will pay off. The best thing about IDR is the people - I enjoy coming into the office every day because I have a fun, supportive, and caring team around me. IDR is constantly changing and evolving and innovation comes from all level within the organization. I am very happy with the investment IDR has been making over the past year to upgrade our technology, bring in outside training, and constantly look for ways to make the company better.

Cons

This job is hard work and it takes some commitment which sometimes means a little less "personal time" than others might have. If you see yourself in a laid back 8-5 job this isn't for you.

Internal Data Resources2013-01-10