Internal Data Resources "hard work" Reviews | Glassdoor

Internal Data Resources Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated Nov 5, 2019

4.2
Internal Data Resources Chief Operating Officer  Ashley Holahan (no image)
Ashley Holahan
Pros
  • "Ability to learn how hard work pays off(in 9 reviews)

• "Money - Recruiters and Account Managers have a great base pay and the best in the industry commission structure(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Extremely long hours (it might be the industry but even when you leave your 12 hour day, you still have work to do at home)(in 20 reviews)

• "It is really hard to say anything bad about the company itself so these cons are more geared towards the industry in staffing versus IDR as a company(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are so many pros I could list about working at IDR. I have worked with IDR for 3 years now and I had the opportunity to be promoted 3 times so far. I have had the opportunity to double my annual income in such a short period of time (that may take some 5+ years to do elsewhere). There are so many great benefits and perks offered... just to list some of my favorites - corporate athlete program, quarterly bonuses, annual contest trips, birthday celebrations, and cell phone reimbursement. I truly believe that I have learned more in the last 3 years than I would have at any other company in 10 years. IDR does truly care about your professional growth and is constantly recognizing your success and your hard work.

Cons

It is really hard to say anything bad about the company itself so these cons are more geared towards the industry in staffing versus IDR as a company. Working in recruiting, there is a lot of unpredictable and uncontrollable situations that you have to learn to navigate through. If you want to make good money, you do have to put in the hard work to get there. IDR will put you through an extensive training process and will do what they can to set you up to be successful, but you will have to put in long hours and hard work!

Internal Data Resources2019-11-05
  2. "Work Hard, Play Harder"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started with IDR in the beginning of January 2019. Since starting, I have been promoted 2 times as a recruiter (Recruiter II and Senior Recruiter). I went to management only 5 months into my employment asking to move and work remote in the city I grew up in; Instead they decided to promote me again into account management and trusted me with the opportunity to start the office. Also: - Base + Commission - Fun rewards for hitting metrics - Ability to understand multiple positions, industries, and companies at a time - Ability to learn how hard work pays off

Cons

- No work from home policy. - Steep learning curve understanding certain technologies and positions. - Challenges that come with the industry, like relaying bad news to candidates and clients.

Advice to Management

Haha, I plead the fifth!

Internal Data Resources2019-10-17
  3. "IDR"

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really rewarding Fun atmosphere Tons of opportunities

Cons

Hard work and can have long hours

Internal Data Resources2018-04-18

"The place to be for a fun work environment that rewards hard work!"

Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-You won't find a place with better earning potential. It definitely requires effort and a lot of hard work, but the reward is great compensation. -Fun atmosphere and environment. Most employees are relatively young and are the type of people you would hang out with after work. -Great benefits, corporate health program, and ESOP program. -Clear expectations and training provided.

Cons

-It's not for everyone. You will stay busy and have a full plate everyday, but it teaches good habits and really pays off for your career. It's a true work hard, play hard environment, and some will thrive in it, but others may want an easier and less challenging path. But for those motivated, it's a great environment to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep making the positive changes! The company is headed in a good direction.

Internal Data Resources2017-10-13

"Your success is up to you"

in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

Great company culture - high energy, fun. Professional development - a lot of time and money is put into training employees as well as continual development like Leadership Development and Mentorship Program Money - Recruiters and Account Managers have a great base pay and the best in the industry commission structure. Your annual salary is solely based on your ambition and what you put into it.

Cons

The only thing is that many of our employees are entry-level, right out of college so most are expecting a typical 8 to 5 and immediate gratification (hires and commission). It takes time and hard work to ramp up and to start being successful in the business. It's sales.

Internal Data Resources2016-06-22

"IDR"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined IDR to become successful and be apart of a growing and nurturing company with a vision, and that is exactly what I got. I was trained to be tough and had to deal with a lot of coaching and criticism, but that is what I expected coming into a new company and new industry right out of college. If someone is looking for a job where they are not pushed and coached to be successful, and they don't strive to be successful, this job or industry is really not for you. Within 3 months I was promoted, and within another 6 months after that I promoted - and that was because I was pushed to greatness and because my leaders had faith in me and coached me the way to the top. Now I am a leader to newcomers in the company and pushing others to greatness, while I am continuing my growth in success and as a leader. IDR has given me the opportunity of a lifetime and I respect this company and this opportunity more than anything. I am watching the company grow before my eyes with new strategies, new ideals, and a new COO who is quickly and progressively pushing everyone in the right direction. If you do not want to be part of a company that truly cares about your success and greatness to the point where they push you above your limits and outside your comfort zone, don't join the company, and don't pursue IT staffing. But if you want to join a close-knit group of hard-working, success-driven, and awesome individuals who care about each other's personal and professional greatness, it may be for you. As an employee who had a rough and tough few months at the beginning, I will tell you that IDR takes care of you like no other. Whether it's internal competitions to go on a free vacation or the compensation program for fitness/health & wellness activities, IDR wants the best for its employees and makes sure that hard work not only earns big bucks, but earns you perks as well.

Cons

Turnover - because of failure to evaluate individuals who are willing to put in the effort to truly exceed and be coached to greatness. It's not for everyone, which is fine and standard for the target age-range. But, in personal experience I have interviewed 15+ people and told them about the long hours, hard work, etc. and they have all agreed and "been excited" about the opportunity...then later quit or gotten let go because of the reasons they were "excited" in the first place (not okay with the long hours or hard work to become successful in sales or recruiting).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - Jeff, the new Chief Operations Officer, is going to make IDR unstoppable - so make sure new recruiters and account managers know the expectations and are willing to meet them to be successful.

Internal Data Resources2016-06-02

"Opportunity of a lifetime!"

Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

Working at IDR has been the most amazing opportunity. I am surrounded by passionate and driven individuals who all encourage me to be a better version of myself daily. The culture is incredible and management is truly engaged and committed to helping everyone get better through our leadership development, mentor-ship, and corporate athlete programs. If you are looking for not only a job, but a career path then this is the company for you!

Cons

The industry is tough and the hours can be long, but I can't complain because with hard work comes great success!

Internal Data Resources2015-03-18

"Why I Love Working at IDR"

Senior Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

During my interview process, it was the gritty and passionate team of people who share the same ambitious goals as mine that led me to join the IDR team. During my first year at IDR I’ve definitely been faced with some challenges, but those challenges have come with an extremely rewarding outcome (and a six-figure income). The personal and professional growth that’s come from all of my hard work has made it more than worth it. There is so much I love about this company that keeps me coming back every day – the motivation we receive to challenge ourselves, the supportive and inspirational team that surrounds me, and the overwhelming potential for career growth that is ahead of me. Unlike some of IDR’s competitors, we allow you to earn commission from day one. We also offer a competitive base, uncapped commission, performance bonuses and an all-expense paid trip to Mexico through our Annual Sales and Recruiting contest. Our compensation is rewarded based on performance, and we firmly believe in hard work. There are so many factors solidifying the fact that I made the right decision to join IDR and become part of the team that catapults our company to the next level. I love everything the company stands for and strives for, but mostly, I love the person that I’m becoming along the way.

Cons

- The more you work, the more opportunity you have to make a lot of money. That comes with working long hours and making sacrifices in your personal life. - The rewards seen in any sales/recruiting role, IDR being no exception, definitely come in the form of delayed gratification. You have to accept the learning curve, continue working hard every day, and remain patient knowing that big paychecks are just around the corner. Management will tell you this upfront, but it takes 6-8 months before you begin making a significant income.

Internal Data Resources2015-03-24

"Hard work, perseverance, and commitment"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of growth potential with a lot of hard work and commitment. Since I have been there I have grown professional and personally. We are a small team and have to ability to learn and grow with the people around us. The team is pretty special group of people. We set high goals for ourselves and when we achieve them we celebrate.

Cons

We do work a lot of hours but that is something that was told upfront when we started. Everything that could be a con was spoken about in the interview process. We do work long hours, we are on the phones all day, there is a lot of pressure, and we have goals that we need to hit. With every job there will be cons but it is the people and experience that will get you through it. I can't say I love being on the phone day in and day out but I enjoy the conversations I have and the people I help find a job. Yes, it is stressful to hit my numbers week after week but that is sales and that is the industry that we work in.

Internal Data Resources2013-11-16

"The best of years of your life are when you realize your problems are your own"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want an opportunity to learn who you are, IDR is it. This job will, inevitably, reveal all your strengths and weaknesses as a person and force you to look at who you are, who you want to be, how you think, etc. This company will not only force them out but will force you to address them, to develop your strengths and build upon your weaknesses. Enjoyable? No way. Progressive? Absolutely. No one ever grew from staying comfortable; I mean, how tragically boring would that be. I refuse to be bored and/or boring. Our generation feeds off instant gratification, they want what they want when they want it and I am the first to say I am guilty of it. Unfortunately, there are people who come in here who only appreciate results without the efforts of hard work and when forced with challenges or tension, they bulk and blame others for their lack of maturity and/or inability to overcome their pride. This is unfortunate; because many of them have potential they are robbing themselves of through their inability to take accountability. IDR allows you to work hard towards something, to challenge yourself, and to envelop success that can be both materialized and inexplicit at the same time. Change and growth are linked together; your attitude towards change has a dramatic impact on your earning potential as well as your personal/professional growth. Change will create opportunities for breakthrough rather than breakdowns. If you want to become a professional, IDR will provide the environment....granted you have to take responsibility for own development too...hand holding ceased when you graduated from college – IDR can teach you how to walk and play with the big kids, but we will not walk for you. Rory Vaden, in Take the Stairs, says “successful people do the things non successful people don’t want to do. Not because they want to do them, but because they know that is what it takes to be successful”. Boom. I joined IDR because I didn’t want to be mediocre. I wanted to be forced out of my comfort zone. I wanted to learn from those who exuded excellence and be pushed by people who were admirable by means of the standards they hold themselves and those around them to. I wanted to be the best at anything and everything I threw myself at and, in order to be the best; you have to learn from it. I saw so many of my friends take jobs out of school that allowed them to fall below average. I graduated about a year ago, joining IDR right out of school…and those very same friends have been in 2, 3, maybe 4 jobs since we graduated, attributing their departures to “them”. I have a big picture perspective of what I want out of life. I encourage those who are starting their career to do the same, to truly think about how hard they want to push themselves and why. If you are pursuing a career in sales, you should know going in that results are measured by numbers…you either hit them or you don’t. If you don’t there are natural consequences. Somehow that concept has seemed to slip the minds of these “goal-oriented” individuals people claim to be. In sales, goals are meant to be hit, but will also be missed. What you attribute these failures and successes to and how you overcome them is the important part. I have found that those who don’t make it at IDR, do is because they attribute these to something external as opposed to looking at themselves…and when you’re surrounding by driven people who have expectations and standards, that kind of mindset just doesn’t fly. I think IDR’s constant demand for progression and innovation and its intolerance for stagnancy is a privilege not provided by most places of work – that is a pro you will find here

Cons

Some of the more "constructive" reviews have some very valid truths to them and I cannot negate the fact that IDR faces imperfections and failures. As the CEO and core of the organization, of course Eric French’s are the most magnified and the easiest to criticize. When trying to build something you believe so strongly in, sometimes your feelings can mask your core purpose - a flaw most humans are confronted with everyday. It’s one of the most frustrating dichotomies of humanity – selfishness v. selflessness. I appreciate the transparency and authenticity, and because I understand the purpose, I can also forgive the faults he may fall privy to in the pursuance of it – just as I hope someone would do for me. I find it unfortunate that Eric French is painted in a light that portrays him as abrasive. I always wanted someone to tell me when I wasn’t living up to my potential, when my actions did not align with who I said I was, when I was sabotaging my or others ability to grow/develop; if that is abrasive, then sign me up for the abrasive train! I guarantee no one that wrote some of the more negative reviews ever actually asked Eric what his purpose was. What he was so passionate about? What he wanted for this company and the people in it? What he saw in his employees? Instead, they chose to play the victim of some of the only true rawness the professional world has left. People, naturally, look to judge before understanding and if some of the past, much more short term employees simply tried to understand him/what he stood for, or get this – even just asked – perhaps it could have been different. But since they didn’t, I’ll tell it – for Eric IDR is built upon his vision to create leaders. People who are proud of who they are and who they are becoming. People who set examples of what success can look and/or feel like. It represents individuals who try to add meaningful value to all people and situations they encounter. His passion is built on developing people who make a difference in whatever they decide to pursue. Whether they continue on as a leader at IDR or take IDR with them somewhere else, he just wants them to aspire…and then execute. I absolutely understand some of the feelings that are exposed in the reviews, but I do not empathize with those who blame others for their own failure to do what it takes to be successful and, quite honestly, they are only demeaning themselves. I used to do the same thing, it’s a very hard thing NOT to do. Who wants to actually admit that their problems are ACTUALLY their own? Not me, that’s for sure…but I’m getting there. Albert Ellis, one of the most influential, American psychologists in the 50’s, said “The best years of your life are when you realize your problems are your own”. There is such liberation in this realization….and I haven’t even fully encompassed it in its full totality yet. Are there improvements? Absolutely. Does the company have flaws? Of course. Do we make mistakes? All the time. But that’s the beauty in it, you get to constantly reconstruct, make changes, drive excellence, demand progress, and make an overall impact in the livelihood of businesses...no matter what role you play. In fact, it is required. So, I encourage you to take on the challenge...and there will be plenty of people here, who have been here, who will stay here…to help you do so.

Advice to Management

Continue to build awareness around yours and others' imperfections. Continue to demand more from those you see immense amounts of potential in (and from yourself). Stay Flawed.

Internal Data Resources2013-11-14