Internal Data Resources "idr" Reviews | Glassdoor

Internal Data Resources Employee Reviews about "idr"

Updated Nov 5, 2019

4.2
Internal Data Resources Chief Operating Officer  Ashley Holahan (no image)
Ashley Holahan
Pros
  • "Ability to learn how hard work pays off(in 9 reviews)

• "Money - Recruiters and Account Managers have a great base pay and the best in the industry commission structure(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Extremely long hours (it might be the industry but even when you leave your 12 hour day, you still have work to do at home)(in 20 reviews)

• "It is really hard to say anything bad about the company itself so these cons are more geared towards the industry in staffing versus IDR as a company(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "idr"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are so many pros I could list about working at IDR. I have worked with IDR for 3 years now and I had the opportunity to be promoted 3 times so far. I have had the opportunity to double my annual income in such a short period of time (that may take some 5+ years to do elsewhere). There are so many great benefits and perks offered... just to list some of my favorites - corporate athlete program, quarterly bonuses, annual contest trips, birthday celebrations, and cell phone reimbursement. I truly believe that I have learned more in the last 3 years than I would have at any other company in 10 years. IDR does truly care about your professional growth and is constantly recognizing your success and your hard work.

Cons

It is really hard to say anything bad about the company itself so these cons are more geared towards the industry in staffing versus IDR as a company. Working in recruiting, there is a lot of unpredictable and uncontrollable situations that you have to learn to navigate through. If you want to make good money, you do have to put in the hard work to get there. IDR will put you through an extensive training process and will do what they can to set you up to be successful, but you will have to put in long hours and hard work!

Internal Data Resources2019-11-05
  2. "Hard work does pay off!"

Current Employee - Branch Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

IDR offers an incredible opportunity for people to come into a company that is in extreme growth mode and really add value. IDR has a very competitive base and commision and offers great benefits to its employees. IDR invests a tremendous amount in every employee and expects that our teammates give it their all everyday. Fun place and people to work with!

Cons

Staffing is a tough industry, no hiding that. IDR can't change the industry, but they do everything they can to invest in the success of every employee.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people. The changes that IDR has made over the last 12 month have been great, keep it up!

Internal Data Resources2017-12-13
  3. "IDR Internship"

Former Intern - Student in Nashville, TN

I worked at Internal Data Resources for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere here was extremely positive and encouraging! I went into the internship with no prior experience, but they taught me everything I wanted to know about the company and industry. After the first week I was working along side their current employees, doing the same work as them. The compensation was great and the employees were awesome. I also didn't have to go on any coffee runs!

Cons

None. If you are looking for an internship with great hands on experience than I would definitely recommend IDR!

Internal Data Resources2016-10-25

"Misrepresentation of ESOP for longevity of employees"

Project DB2 Database Administrator in Washington, DC

I worked at Internal Data Resources

Pros

1) I was able to work through IDR out of Atlanta, GA, 100% from my home for 7 years. 2) The money was fairly good, but the company policy of a review every year did not occur; instead I had to contact the CEO, Eric French, after my 3rd year to even get noticed.

Cons

My largest complaint concerning IDR is that they profess to value their employees, and offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that may or may not pay out to anyone in the far distant future, maybe. The company may or may not ever pay out to anyone, except to those working in the main offices, at the whim of whomever controls the fund. If the ESOP is part of any prospective employee of the company in making their decision to work for IDR, then they may wish to rethink working for this company.

Advice to Management

Make it clear on your career website that your ESOP is only for those employees that you choose to grant use of it, after being vested, and that you've set it up in such a way that it will probably never be paid out to the people, contract or other employees, that make up your company.

Internal Data Resources2016-08-05

"Business Systems Analyst"

Senior Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources

Pros

Can't think of any pros

Cons

IDR/Eric French refused to allow me to become a full-time employee for the company I was contracting with, no regard for employee well-being

Advice to Management

support your people

Internal Data Resources2016-04-28

"Great Training for new recruiters but it's not worth the hours"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training program - they will teach you the fundamentals of recruiting and the staffing business. Good compensation plan. Once you get your spread up it pays out nice. However to get to that level you are probably working the hours of two jobs anyways.

Cons

LONG HOURS -- I normally put 60+ hours per week. They will ask you to come in and work on the weekends and although it's not required you will feel guilty on not being a "team player" if you don't make yourself available 24/7. Production - Even if you are a top performer they will always want more and more... even if you are killing yourself to do it. They are dead set on metrics and micromanaging and will not consider any other way. Work life/balance - there isn't any. You will spend all your hours at the office. They "support" you but at the end of the day you are expected to drop everything for them no matter the hour. If you notice the majority of the employees don't have kids or are married... Benefits - no 401k matching. ESOP plan is a joke because you have to make it 3 years to be vested... look around hardly anyone makes it past 3 years AND it realistically will be a while before anyone would be open to buying IDR. High turnover- due to the long hours and only hiring entry recruiters there is constant turnover so the account managers are responsible for training up new employees while continuing to bring in new business Micromanagement- I understand training but the micromanagement was crazy! I understand if you are just learning but if you are proven top performer - you don't need micromanagement or someone breathing down your neck. Results speak for themselves - if you are making the company a lot of money they should trust your work ethic and integrity.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees who are loyal. Productivity is always wanted but at the end of the day if your employees are getting burned out... there is no amount of money that will compensate.

Internal Data Resources2015-06-30

"Why I Love Working at IDR"

Senior Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

During my interview process, it was the gritty and passionate team of people who share the same ambitious goals as mine that led me to join the IDR team. During my first year at IDR I’ve definitely been faced with some challenges, but those challenges have come with an extremely rewarding outcome (and a six-figure income). The personal and professional growth that’s come from all of my hard work has made it more than worth it. There is so much I love about this company that keeps me coming back every day – the motivation we receive to challenge ourselves, the supportive and inspirational team that surrounds me, and the overwhelming potential for career growth that is ahead of me. Unlike some of IDR’s competitors, we allow you to earn commission from day one. We also offer a competitive base, uncapped commission, performance bonuses and an all-expense paid trip to Mexico through our Annual Sales and Recruiting contest. Our compensation is rewarded based on performance, and we firmly believe in hard work. There are so many factors solidifying the fact that I made the right decision to join IDR and become part of the team that catapults our company to the next level. I love everything the company stands for and strives for, but mostly, I love the person that I’m becoming along the way.

Cons

- The more you work, the more opportunity you have to make a lot of money. That comes with working long hours and making sacrifices in your personal life. - The rewards seen in any sales/recruiting role, IDR being no exception, definitely come in the form of delayed gratification. You have to accept the learning curve, continue working hard every day, and remain patient knowing that big paychecks are just around the corner. Management will tell you this upfront, but it takes 6-8 months before you begin making a significant income.

Internal Data Resources2015-03-24

"I will miss working with IDR."

Former Contractor - IT Contractor in Nashville, TN

I worked at Internal Data Resources for less than a year

Pros

The staff at IDR was very accessible and easy to talk to. Everyone that I had the pleasure of interacting with was courteous and professional.

Cons

I can’t immediately think of a downside in regards to my relationship with IDR. Keep up the sales effort and continue expanding your client base.

Advice to Management

Please continue doing what you are doing. The staff is friendly and professional and both your clients, as well as your contractors, seem to be happy with the quality of service being delivered. Keep up the good work!

Internal Data Resources2015-03-16

"Very Caring"

Former Contractor - Wireless Network Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Internal Data Resources for less than a year

Pros

The really do care for the wellness of their employees. I did apprreciate the calls from my Engagement Manager "Ashley Parrot" to ensure all is going well and if there's anything IDR can do to improve my working experience.

Cons

Don't have any, enjoyed working for IDR.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Probably consider paying on some but not all the main Holidays like July4th, Memorial, labor day, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Maybe 2 -3 of them.

Internal Data Resources2014-08-19

"IDR's Management is made up of Sociopaths and Narcissists"

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was exposed to real cold calling and gained a brief understanding of the tech Industry.

Cons

The management here belitted me on a day to day basis; I questioned my ability to carry out basic tasks because of the way I was treated. I am not a pushover or a "weak" person; by nature I have always been regarded by peers, classmates, professors, coaches, etc as almost a little too outspoken. My experience at IDR has tremendously changed my view of myself and my understanding of how management should behave. My current management at my new organization frequently reminds me in performance reviews I need to understand my self worth and that I am actually a very capable person. IDR ruined that for me.

Advice to Management

Cash out, your business is failing at you are all manic.

Internal Data Resources2014-05-12