Internap Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Peter Aquino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work / Life balance was difficult as the crew was held to minimal staffing (in 8 reviews)

• Management has no direction, there is very little to no support once a service is sold (in 6 reviews)

1. "Continuing to Improve Through Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internap Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New leadership is making significant changes to improve morale and internal communication while focusing on cost awareness and improving the company's financial outlook. Many improvements have already been made to compensation benefits and retention of employees.

Cons

Change can sometimes be hard and slow, but the new management team is extremely focused on improving all aspects of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to be focused and disciplined. Keep making changes to improve the overall health of the company and its' employees.

"Solid New Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internap Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our new leadership is a solid team with a strong focus on growing this company. They have brought industry credibility back to INAP, united previously disjointed departments and created a positive work environment.

Cons

Currently, a lot of work is being put on personnel to get INAP where is needs to be to obtain, support and keep customers. I believe this effort will pay off.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication with employees coming.

3. "Gained experience and learned a lot!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Internap Corporation as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to learn a lot of new skills and develop them over time. Gained knowledge about what the company offers and what data centers are for. Blessed to have experienced it.

Cons

Being terminated on the spot without notice ahead of time. I would have liked to have known so I could prepare myself and have a back up plan.

Advice to Management

None.

4. "Happily employed"

Current Employee - NOC Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - NOC Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Internap Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Learning, camaraderie, technical, opportunity for growth. I've been with the company for quite a while and have seen several iterations. With the recent addition of the executive team, this is the first time I've felt positive about the future of this company. Getting the right people in the right places definitely feels like a high priority and incompetence is no longer tolerated. While there have been challenges, this is one of the best jobs I've ever had. I think people leave INAP (fomerly Internap) with a "grass is greener" attitude, but like any workplace, it is what you make of it. I've chosen to focus on the positives of my job and do everything I can to make INAP better and will continue to do so.

Cons

Unorganized, lack of focus, lack of direction from executive team. Some of these concerns are regarding previous leadership, but given the recent executive team I don't always know specifically where our focus is.

Advice to Management

Pick a focus and stick with it, develop a service catalog and streamline products. INAP has WAY too many products. This is confusing to our customers and darn near impossible to support. We need to get really good at delivering specific products with world class support and stop offering one-off products and services.

"Company on the Move"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internap Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

INAP is a company that is in the process of making exciting changes. With the last change in Senior Leadership there has been a fresh shot of energy. The guiding principles are a back to basics approach, while inviting creativity in problem solving. It is an exciting time to be involved.

Cons

Its a time of change. Some people can view this as a con. As you can see from my post, I think it is nothing but positive but is worth mentioning

Advice to Management

Stay on the chartered path. Change can come with obstacles, but you are moving in the right direction

"Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Internap Corporation full-time

Pros

Great work life fit. Open communication with employees. HR is very helpful and has a open door policy. Plenty of on hands training and opportunity to excel.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons as yet. I will let you know when I do. So far everything has been great!

"Great place years ago, headed somewhere different"

Current Employee - Storage Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Storage Administrator in New York, NY

I have been working at Internap Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Work / Life Balance , Lots of training opportunities. Can def appreciate your value and IT skills if you apply yourself here. 401k match is competitive

Cons

Company changed direction. Unclear about leadership direction, benefits diminishing year by year. Very poor medical coverage options

Advice to Management

I think we all appreciate that public announcement that we are shopping the company around. However I feel as if this same announcement has left are mid/upper mgmt staff with uncertainty about their future and growth opportunities. This uncertainty has trickled down and I personally feel like we are on a rudderless ship. We need a common target to aim for again. A daily purpose.

8. "Support"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internap Corporation full-time

Pros

very friendly environment. a great learning place.

Cons

Mgmt should do more to offer training.

9. "Custom Hosting Support"

Current Employee - Manager Hosting Support Engineer in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Manager Hosting Support Engineer in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Internap Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of hands on training.

Cons

Not enough employees for the workload.

10. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - National Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Internap Corporation (More than 5 years)

Pros

High energy workplace with great opportunities for career advancement. Innovating with the industry and invests heavily into the quality of their data centers.

Cons

Sometimes remote offices feel disconnected from headquarters. Tough to work through all of the necessary channels to meet end of month quotas.

Advice to Management

My management was great throughout my employment at Internap. Besides one or 2 VPs in my tenure there everyone in management was all hands on deck to get deals done.