Internap Reviews | Glassdoor

Internap Reviews

Updated January 11, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • It a good place to learn from others and there is a good career path if you excel (in 5 reviews)

• Great Work / Life Balance , Lots of training opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Management has no direction, there is very little to no support once a service is sold (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management should communicate a bit more clearly in regards to the technology roadmap (in 8 reviews)

1. "Good place to learn"

I have been working at Internap full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, good pay, and good benefits

Cons

Need better communication from the upper management

Advice to Management

Let employees know what is going on

"Potential...."

Pros

Company is moving in the right direction with OpenStack Powered and Hosting services. All services are related to each other and provides clients with flexibility and options to optimize current infrastructure as well as put in place an architecture to grow.

Cons

Any company in growth mode can be challenging to get to top line revenue. Especially after acquisition of integrating systems, processes, employees, etc.

"Overall good experience"

I worked at Internap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to work with other smart engineers

Cons

Upper management while I was there were not easy to work with

5. "Great Sales Job, if you like sales."

I have been working at Internap full-time

Pros

Management has gone above and beyond to help me with what I need. I have been given the freedom and trust to get what I need done. Its funny because you see most people that write reviews are the ones that leave. That probably means they weren't doing so well and anyone will be frustrated if they don't succeed. I know a lot of people who have worked here for years that love it. But, this is a sales job and not everybody likes sales. Great starting pay, good benefits,

Cons

There is some disconnect between sales and upper management. However, if you have a good director, which I fortunately do, then any concerns or questions get brought to upper management and answered quickly for this size of a company. I wish we had a storage option for data but that investment is just too much, maybe someday.

Advice to Management

Continuing to expand the portfolio, footprint. Other than that nothing at all to complain about.

6. "Operations & Engineering"

I have been working at Internap full-time

Pros

Opportunity for both professional growth and career advancement is available and often times, promotions from within are the norm. The employees make the difference, as there are quite a few that are some of the most dedicated and brightest people I've ever worked with. Strong product offering, with a future proofing that customers appreciate.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be difficult to maintain at times, but you get out what you put in.

7. "So much experience!"

Current Employee - NOC Network Engineer Tier II in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - NOC Network Engineer Tier II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internap full-time

Pros

Hands on experience with every imaginable piece of networking equipment you can think of. You get to interwork with all departments to progress your career

Cons

High work load, and high employee turnaround. I am hoping the new management can settle things down a bit.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers, they face the customers and know what they want more than anything.

8. "Solutions Sales Engineering"

I have been working at Internap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Training
    Collaborative team
    Competitive technologies
    Great compensation programs

Cons

Health care is very expensive
    Hosting Operations and NOC need to work at being more proficient with the newer technologies
    Product management and Deve Engineering needs more resources
    Needs to be more efficient at bringing products to market.

Advice to Management

Invest in the hosting Operations team. Diversify them across different regions, too!
    We need architects and Sr. engineers who understand Agile and Devops methodologies in IT.
    Revisit the health insurance plan.
    Bring back the stock purchase plan

9. "High earning potential for motivated sales people"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Internap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid colo and cloud products. Experienced SEs help with highly technical customers. Management is supportive and aggressive in helping reps close deals.

Ignore the reviews of disgruntled sales people on here. Truth is, you can make a ton of money here. It takes hard work, nothing will be handed to you, but if you have the drive and work ethic to go out and find new business, they will pay you very well. In my opinion, reps who complain about not being handed accounts are lazy and entitled.

Cons

Internal systems need greater level of integration and increases simplicity. Upper management should communicate a bit more clearly in regards to the technology roadmap.

Advice to Management

Review internal systems and make it easier for sales to close deals faster. Make it easier for different departments to share information.

10. "Great Environment"

I have been working at Internap full-time

Pros

Good people and good overall attitude. It a good place to learn from others and there is a good career path if you excel

Cons

Some "politics" in promotion decisions. Quota's are not always taken into account when hiring from within. would like to see more company functions

Advice to Management

The turnover in sales positions may have something to do with making the hiring decision strictly off the interview and not taking into account the resume. ie- good interview but bad numbers gets hired over decent interview with good numbers

11. "Director of Global Channel Sales"

Former Employee - Global Director in Foxborough, MA
    Former Employee - Global Director in Foxborough, MA

I worked at Internap (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong company with a unique product set

Cons

International scope for fortune 100 companies not on par with major competition

Advice to Management

Focus on what you do well