International Association of Women Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Maoji Wang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I get to work from home everyday, as the company is fully remote" (in 4 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, they were like family" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Only a handful of chosen ones are given the good leads" (in 3 reviews)

• "Sometimes working through lunch, high pressure, sometimes carrying about a project takes longer than necessary" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at International Association of Women full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work from home everyday, as the company is fully remote. We have morning conference calls daily where the team gets to share motivational stories and the managers uplift the team. We get to speak with influential women all day long. The team is more like a family, we all support one another.

Cons

Some days can be challenging, but it’s sales, it comes with the territory, however, the good days definitely outweigh the challenging ones.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring and supporting us to be the best we can be. I appreciate all that you do!

2. "Member Services"

I have been working at International Association of Women full-time

Pros

Pleasant coworkers and accommodating work environment. I have worked here for a very long time and it continues to grow and offer support for it's employees as times change.

Cons

Technical issues that we cannot control

3. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Garden City, NY

I worked at International Association of Women full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers. Decent health insurance.

Cons

Abusive environment and dishonest work practices. The company tried to rebrand themselves in Jan 2018, with greater transparency, but they weren't content to play the long game, and put the sales teams back on the hardcore sales model. Management indulge in nepotism and play favorites. Management won't let the sales teams work together, or communicate with each other. They repeatedly threaten sales staff with big brother tactics if anyone expresses doubts or concerns, calling then "needy" and "unprofitable." HR is always on hand to record every interaction between management and sales staff. They also count on employees to be ignorant of state and federal labor laws, so be careful.

Advice to Management

Your employees are the engine that runs the company. Treat then with respect.

4. "Worked in corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I have been working at International Association of Women (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, they were like family. Flexibility to define your role and take on different things that interest you. No micromanagement. Upper management is accessible. Vacation time was decent.

Cons

I worked there during the time they went from being privately owned to going public. It was a turbulent time where we were left abandoned a lot. Sometimes I didn't really have a boss, so there wasn't anyone to vouch for my work. No raise the entire time I worked there. No annual reviews. If you're not in sales, your efforts don't really get acknowledged. Benefits weren't that great. No commuter benefits, not 401(k), had to pay a big portion of health ins.

Advice to Management

Hopefully things have settled down now, as it's been some time since the merger, but I would say, don't be so cheap with employee benefits, have more structure (annual reviews), show a little more acknowledgement for non-sales positions.

5. "On the verge of bankruptcy"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator
    Current Employee - Membership Coordinator

Pros

work from home position full time

Cons

the company stopped paying for good leads so none of the sales team is making commission

6. "Membership coordinator"

I worked at International Association of Women full-time

Pros

Nothing at all very bad.

Cons

Terrible do not work here

"Horrible corrupted calculated dishonest organization you could not find a more horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Garden City, NY

I have been working at International Association of Women full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I wish there was A PRO to share unfortunately I can’t find one single pro working here it’s HORRIBLE beyond your imagination

Cons

this company is corrupt disrespectful discriminating unfair unprofessional and a complete joke everybody that still works there feels the exact same way not to mention there is no opportunity to make any money whatsoever

Advice to Management

A JOKE!-there are no words

"Horrific "Women's" Organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I worked at International Association of Women full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free for all work environment

Cons

Misleading, terrible management especially the women, no room for growth, terrible pay, made up positions, company has been restructured numerous times and is ultimately doomed to fail.

Advice to Management

Why are you still working here if you're an intelligent human being?

"The worst...."

I worked at International Association of Women full-time

Pros

The women who work there really care about one another.

The staff was really trying to change the product, customer support, sales process and marketing -- create something real for the members.

Cons

The management team from the parent company PDN. Over the last year there have been lots of changes and there was a mass layoff, including most of the senior management team.

There is no real strategy nor anyone with real history. Although the team that is left is trying their best, they don't have the institutional memory.

Advice to Management

Step aside, create real plans, think before you act.

"Horrible"

Pros

There is nothing good about this company.

Cons

Racist, immoral, unethical, thieving, I can go on and on. I still haven't revived my w2 and they refuse to give it to me do I can file those taxes

Advice to Management

Shut it down already