International Association of Women Reviews | Glassdoor

International Association of Women Reviews

Found 89 reviews

2.4
Maoji Wang
Pros
  • "I get to work from home everyday, as the company is fully remote(in 5 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, they were like family(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at International Association of Women full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I get to work from home everyday, as the company is fully remote. We have morning conference calls daily where the team gets to share motivational stories and the managers uplift the team. We get to speak with influential women all day long. The team is more like a family, we all support one another.

Cons

Some days can be challenging, but it’s sales, it comes with the territory, however, the good days definitely outweigh the challenging ones.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring and supporting us to be the best we can be. I appreciate all that you do!

"PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!"

Former Employee - Remote Employee

I worked at International Association of Women full-time

Pros

There were none at this place. You work at home, but it is like you are working at a factory.

Cons

Everything was a con - from the pay to the management!

"Rebranded with a new name- still NAPW"

Former Employee - Membership Coordinator in Garden City, NY

I worked at International Association of Women full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I started working with NAPW in 2013 back when they had some modicum of integrity. Little did I know what I got into. Deceptive sales practices, blatant favoritism, however back then under Matt Proman ( who also has questionable character, google him) there was money to be made. They actually offered things like conferences women could attend etc.

Cons

Sold the company to corporate leech PDN and it has gone downhill. Mass layoffs, garbage leads, misleading women into spending hundreds and thousands in fake networking. Now they’ve changed their name from NAPW To IAW but still the same garbage company it always has been.

Advice to Management

Just close shop already— the time for telemarketing is over.

"Shady at Best"

Former Employee - Membership Consultant

I worked at International Association of Women full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product/services are great for their members

Cons

The company fosters a culture of mistrust and questionable business practices

Advice to Management

Look into upper management people, there are some seriously bad apples in the bunch...

"Don't Take This Job"

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at International Association of Women full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with kind, likeminded women.

Cons

The product is sold over the phone to uninformed customers for an astronomical price, and the management gets in the way of you doing your job properly. Throughout training, you learn a lot about how to sell the memberships, but very little about what the memberships actually entail. If you're a new employee, all of your leads will be months old with over 45 calls on their log. When you can't get them on the phone, let...

Advice to Management

Take your talents to a company with a better bottom line.

"Membership Specialist"

Current Employee - Membership Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at International Association of Women full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

This is the perfect company to work for if you love to help people. The benefits I assist members with truly do save them money in both personal and professional areas. I have had the pleasure of speaking to women who are truly an inspiration and who appreciate the membership. IAW offers great benefits and PTO. I am also member.

Cons

The downside to working with for this company is that it may be hard to find another that offers the same greatness.

Advice to Management

My advise to management is to continue working together as well as the individuals/teams that make up the IAW for the growth of the company, which leads to the growth of women.

"Great company offers wonderful benefits to its employees and members"

Current Employee - Membership Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at International Association of Women full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I work from home and management is always available for support and encouragement. The organization is consistently adding well-thought out benefits and value; it's an honor to support our members and make them comfortable with all we offer. We are encouraged to create ongoing relationships with members so that they are engaged and involved. I really have great coworkers, too.

Cons

sometimes I miss the in-person cameraderie

• "Member Services"

I have been working at International Association of Women full-time

Pros

Pleasant coworkers and accommodating work environment. I have worked here for a very long time and it continues to grow and offer support for it's employees as times change.

Cons

Technical issues that we cannot control

• "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Garden City, NY

I worked at International Association of Women full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

My coworkers. Decent health insurance.

Cons

Abusive environment and dishonest work practices. The company tried to rebrand themselves in Jan 2018, with greater transparency, but they weren't content to play the long game, and put the sales teams back on the hardcore sales model. Management indulge in nepotism and play favorites. Management won't let the sales teams work together, or communicate with each other. They repeatedly threaten sales staff with big brother...

Advice to Management

Your employees are the engine that runs the company. Treat then with respect.

• "Worked in corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I have been working at International Association of Women for more than 2 years

Pros

Great people to work with, they were like family. Flexibility to define your role and take on different things that interest you. No micromanagement. Upper management is accessible. Vacation time was decent.

Cons

I worked there during the time they went from being privately owned to going public. It was a turbulent time where we were left abandoned a lot. Sometimes I didn't really have a boss, so there wasn't anyone to vouch for my work. No raise the entire time I worked there. No annual reviews. If you're not in sales, your efforts don't really get acknowledged. Benefits weren't that great. No commuter benefits, not 401(k), had...

Advice to Management

Hopefully things have settled down now, as it's been some time since the merger, but I would say, don't be so cheap with employee benefits, have more structure (annual reviews), show a little more acknowledgement for non-sales positions.

Found 89 reviews