International Coffee & Tea Reviews | Glassdoor

International Coffee & Tea Reviews

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not necessarily a career job."

Former Employee - Barista in Malibu, CA
    Former Employee - Barista in Malibu, CA

I worked at International Coffee & Tea part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great discounts. 33% on drinks, one free specialty drink per shift, Benny card that gave you $15/month to buy whatever from the store and any left over rolled over to the next month. The managers I had were excellent and cared about the employees. My store had a family atmosphere.

Cons

No benefits like health, dental or vision for part time baristas. In order to maintain not having to give benefits, baristas are always part time, so not much money for the work you do. Definitely not a job to keep forever unless you're in the situation where someone else is paying your bills or you intend on moving up within the company.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, consider looking at giving benefits to part time baristas. I would have stayed, could I have had more hours and benefits. I get you're not as big as other coffee businesses, but there's a ton of turn over because of low hours and lack of benefits. Don't take out the amount of turn over there is on the general managers either. My managers all wanted to give more hours to employees, but considering their hands were tied by corporate to keep hours low, we had a lot of baristas and not many hours to split between them. No one can survive on 20 hours a week.

2. "Train Wreck"

Pros

Hopefully, the culture has changed with new ownership

Cons

The former owners were less than a happy pair

Advice to Management

Capitalize on your product.