International Consulting Group (Omaha) Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

International Consulting Group (Omaha) Reviews

Updated May 14, 2015

3.3
International Consulting Group (Omaha)     (no image)
  1. "This is an awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Omaha, NE

I have been working at International Consulting Group (Omaha) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work here are great! Everyone is ambitious and wants to be successful, and management encourages their people. I like that I have travel opportunities (conferences are fun and networking is huge!). Management is able to relate with Entry Levels because they've been through it themselves. I like that I can make $50-$60,000 working here so fast because of my work ethic, and management is always praising employee's and throwing out bonuses. I'm excited to see where the company will be within the next couple if years, because they've already opened 2 new offices in just over a year.

Cons

The Entry Level sales can be hard for people who can't hack it. Sales/marketing/ advertising is competitive and it's just not for everyone.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2014-07-13

"Account Manager"

I have been working at International Consulting Group (Omaha) full-time

Pros

People are nice, hard working and dedicated. Everyone is very positive. Atmosphere is my favorite, everyone gets really excited about our job because we love being entrepreneurs!

Cons

Once a month or so I would have a thirteen hour day. But other than that there aren't really any cons.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2015-05-14

"MLM setup, door-to-door sales job"

I worked at International Consulting Group (Omaha)

Pros

Their vetting process is crazy loose, so you'll get hired as long as you're not a weirdo. If you do what they tell you, you'll make maybe half of what you're promised, which isn't bad really if you're in a position where you're not picky and can wait a month or so for cash to start coming in.

Cons

Turn over is insane. You are selling Century Link telecom door-to-door so if getting doors closed in your face and getting crabbed at by strangers stresses you out, maybe reconsider. In the office you'll be shunted into a hokey Amway type environment. You'll work Saturdays and late nights.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2015-04-09

"Complete scam- stay far away!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Omaha, NE

I have been working at International Consulting Group (Omaha) full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people can be very nice and friendly. You get to play games during the pre field meetings.

Cons

They will say whatever just to get you in the door- when you ask questions they will beat around the bush. They will use very eloquent language to beat around the bush,for example if you ask "is this door to door sales" the manager will say "no, it is business to consumer sales" which is essentially the same thing. If you walk away from an interview or the first day of training and are confused on what exactly you will be doing you should run. Obviously it is a very bad sign. You will work 60+ hours a week on 100% commission. The average weekly paycheck (including apps pending and rejected) will be about $300. The office is very cult like. You will never see people so happy to be doing door to door sales! They pressure you to overturn objections 7-9 times! If I had someone show up to my doorstep being so rude I would slam the door- which is exactly what happens. Overall a terrible place to work. I would suggest asking a lot of questions or working somewhere else. Oh- and international consulting group and global consulting are the same company, I am pretty sure they just changed the name because of these bad reviews.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2015-04-23

"If you like joining cults and mingling with criminals, you've found the right place!"

Former Employee - Leader in Omaha, NE

I worked at International Consulting Group (Omaha) full-time for less than a year

Pros

I suppose you could make a friend, if you want other cult members as friends

Cons

Here's how they do it - a constantly streaming supply of young grads and ambitious people looking for work answer ads asking for market analysts or account executives, promising to train them in their management program and make limitless cash. They are interviewed, made to seem like they're management potential, show up the next day to go to the field to hawk toys or telecommunications or whatever door to door. You pay for gas, what little you make goes to the "owner" and you keep a pittance, maybe $30 if you're lucky. Most people quit on their first day at that point, but if you come back they literally indoctrinate you using time-tested thought control techniques such as social dynamic manipulation including chants and vocabulary reprogramming. You get no benefits and are pressured to work 6 days a week, until eventually, broke and exhausted, you're spending all your time with the cult. The owner himself is a charismatic charlatan, but he himself is caught in the system - the parent company forces owners to sign power of attorney over their own bank accounts (!) ensuring he is stuck for life to them. He then has no choice but to indoctrinate more and more recruits to keep the scheme going. They remain legal because of their opacity and various legal loopholes. All you need to know about them you can figure out by checking out their website. Drive by their office - does that look like a successful, reputable place of business to you? Compare their office with Omaha Steaks, across the street. Look at the "Culture" tab on their webiste - those are some sick, brainwashed individuals right there. Their parent company was DS-Max, who split up and kept changing their name to keep ahead of the law.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2015-03-04

"Trust your gut. STAY AWAY!!!!"

I worked at International Consulting Group (Omaha)

Pros

The people seem nice from what I saw in my 3 interviews.

Cons

Everything. Hours. Pay. Morale. When you say you are family oriented, but everyone complains that there is not a great work/home balance clearly something is wrong. People shouldn't have to work 60+ hours to get a paycheck. We are trying to make an honest living and this company is not honest. Very misleading in the interview process. I feel bad for people who are hopeful to be successful at ICG.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2014-09-30

"This is a career, not a job"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Omaha, NE

Pros

The leaders and managers of the company are all very friendly and ambitious. There is no cap on how much people make here, some of the top performers are making $2,000 a week at entry level positions. The environment is fun, and non traditional. There are set goals for every person to reach weekly and monthly, and management cares about their people, which is something that I've never experienced at any other company I've worked for.

Cons

Not a good work-life balance, commission-based, the mindset of the company is entrepreneurial so it's not for everyone. If standards are not met, management will do what they can to help the employees but ultimately if someone can't get the job done, they'll find someone who will.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2014-06-18

"Good place to work, fun culture"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at International Consulting Group (Omaha) full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you meet your goals and hit bonuses the pay is great! They work with reputable Fortune 500 clients (Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink), so the products are easy to sell and the market is competitive. You can earn your way to the top, running a market as long as you work for it. The nature of the position gives employees a lot of freedom and management is very cooperative and supportive.

Cons

Environment can be cut throat and not ideal for people looking to collect a weekly paycheck or sit in a cubicle all day. The hours are longer, but with longer hours comes more money. No vacation time, limited benefits, and the entry level is face to face sales, so it can be challenging.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2014-06-18

"Nice people, challenging environment"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Omaha, NE

Pros

Talented people, professional development, great opportunity to learn about sales and marketing industry. I liked the independence of the position. I worked here for a couple of months while seeking employment in the finance industry and learned a lot about leadership and management. The pay and bonuses were good!

Cons

Longer hours, higher turnover, can be stressful if not performing up to company standards.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2014-06-17

"Team oriented culture and great leadership"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Omaha, NE

Pros

This is a very hands on marketing company that focuses on sales, leadership, management, and team building. They train their people to become masters of communication and psychology. The management is always willing to help their employees reach their weekly and monthly goals and targets. I've learned a lot about leadership and management during my time there. I like the great people, competitive environment, and fast advancement.

Cons

If you are introverted or uncomfortable with running meetings, public speaking, and doing any face to face sales it can be very difficult to adapt. Management can be tough on it's people, and there are high standards that must be met each week in order to remain employed. Hours are not the typical 9-5 and pay can be high, but only if you're willing to work for it. Most of the low performers get cut.

International Consulting Group (Omaha)2014-05-30

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 27 reviews