International SOS Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
International SOS Chairman and CEO Arnaud Vaissié
Arnaud Vaissié

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very cohesive working environment (in 26 reviews)

• great people to work with - true diversity - very dynamic market place (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Management has a unrealistic view of what work life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Senior management team is stuck in the middle ages with old school knee jerk strategies (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Diverse, Engaging and Never a dull moment"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at International SOS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at International SOS for just over 6 months and I expected the novelty to have worn off however it hasn't, each day I go in I have a new challenge and an opportunity to learn something new. It's cultural diverse and the people I work with are brilliant in support me and having the same purpose.

Cons

Would like to see more inter-department working

Advice to Management

Keep having open doors, we need to learn from people who have been where we are

2. "International Operations Coordinator"

Former Employee - International Operations Coordinator in Trevose, PA
    Former Employee - International Operations Coordinator in Trevose, PA

I worked at International SOS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people doing amazing things. A Global team supporting clients and their business travelers when traveling outside of their home country.

Cons

24/7 operating environment which doesn’t suit everyone!

Advice to Management

Work on improving your scheduling process - I hear it’s coming so I hope that is true!

"Current update"

I have been working at International SOS full-time

Pros

Great Global Exposure. The work the company does matter. They actually save life and help family with getting a love one home sooner.

Cons

Company continue to cut staff; however, no systems improvement or process improve to help with the work load. Management has a unrealistic view of what work life balance.

Advice to Management

Remember, when cutting staff what is being removed from the work load. What systems or efficiency are we doing to make this happen properly

"Bias Promotions at the executive levels. Promotion of the Good Old White Boys Club with an accent."

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at International SOS (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Service Model in concept.
    Fantastic workforce up to mostly the Director Levels.
    The front line expertise is superior. Clients are lucky the lack of leadership does not diminish the spirit , experience and passion of those that actually do the WORK.

Cons

You are rewarded and promoted to high levels in the organization if you are a white male with an accent. If ones reviews the performance of those promoted to the highest rankings in the organization; you will find they have never met any or most of their yearly targets. They also have the highest rates of attrition/turnover within their respective departments. High attrition is a direct reflection of poor leadership. However, in this organization; White, Male leaders are protected while their unfortunate subordinates are used as scape goats for yearly poor performances. Then, they “re-org and/or restructure” as a sign of improvements to come that never come. What successful company restructures their sales organizations every one to two years?

Advice to Management

To the owners; If you want to truly live the values of your organization; you need to reward and promote based on merit. Your promotions to the highest levels in the organization are of those that have consistently failed to meet targets and are literally some of the poorest performing executive leadership of any organization (i.e. the attrition rates). It sends the message the owners of the company no longer care about their employees or the service it provides. You focus on well presented PowerPoints and charming/polished presenters vs substance. In the end of all the smooth talk; did they meet target? No..

How do you justify your latest appointments of non-performing regional leaders to global roles that have NEVER met goals you’ve set? They have proven year on year they are incapable of no more than truly poor performances. Yet, you promote them to negatively impact your company on a global scale?
    I am beyond embarrassed by the destruction of your own legacy.

"Horrible Training, Unfriendly Managers and Trainers"

I have been working at International SOS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s a pay check and I guess it pays somewhat ok for an entry level job. Benefits are pretty decent.

Cons

Training is horrible. Company permits bias an favoritism among the management and training team. Management hand picks their favorite employees. You can’t be more intelligent or smarter than the training department or other because they will fear for their job.
    They hire employees who are not cut out for the job. Training consisted of stupid activities which have no relevance to the position. If you like an unequal, hostile work environment with a lot of back stabbing and no HR support then work here.

Advice to Management

Since HQ is in Singapore, I would say 90% of all managers need to go. The training department is a joke. Maybe it’s just the specific trainer at this location, but there is no level of integrity.

6. "Learning expereince"

Former Employee - International Operations Coordinator in Feasterville Trevose, PA

I worked at International SOS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very interesting, fast paced, helping people in need. Co-workers rocked.

Cons

Little room to move up, you're competing for slots after 3 years against employees from all their other offices world wide. You get the same cons of any customer service position (rude customers, people who want you to break rules just for them, etc.). Pay wasn't great for being outside Philly.

Advice to Management

Seems cliche but a pay raise would be nice, that team does amazing work.

"Great resume builder and THAT's it"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Trevose, PA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Trevose, PA

I worked at International SOS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and great pay

Cons

Very fast paced, highly stressful, toxic and demanding work environment. Coordinators are expected handle extremely complex request with very little to no support from management. Your race and relationships with upper management determined your altitude. Management was extremely poor and managers lack basic people and leadership skills. The service provided is unmatched but a lot of internal issues need to be dealt with! I wouldn't ever recommend anyone to work here, it is not worth the stress nor aggravation

Advice to Management

Demonstrate basic people skills and your employees will thrive instead of leaving

"Amazing People!"

I have been working at International SOS full-time

Pros

Terrific culture where you are surrounded by genuinely nice people who care about their fellow colleagues. Employee's are passionate about their work and our mission of saving and protecting lives.

Cons

Some areas in need of more current technology.

Advice to Management

Invest in technology.

"Great company"

I have been working at International SOS (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leader in its field with great products and services.

Cons

Career path is not clearly defined.

"ISOS"

I have been working at International SOS full-time

Pros

Close knit colleague environment, lavish holiday part, exciting environment, face pace and never boring, lots of opportunity to move laterally as well as upward.

Cons

High Turnover, Low Staffed in all departments, Location, long hours consistently due to low staffing. Wears at the existing employees which ultimately leads to disengagement.

Advice to Management

Get budget approved for additional trainers to train, this will help keep turnover at a minimum if the training and education are successful.