International School of Indiana Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

3.6

"Child Care Worker"

I have been working at International School of Indiana part-time

Pros

Up beat, pleasant kids, great upper management, wonderful multi-ethnic culture within the School

Cons

frequently a little hectic, not a lot of space

International School of Indiana2017-10-03
  2. "No Integrity, Lie to Parents and others, Keep staff who are inappropriate."

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at International School of Indiana full-time

Pros

The children are bright and eager to learn.

Cons

David Garner, current head of school, lies to parents and teachers. He is arrogant and coasting out to retirement. He is rarely engaged and only when he plays his "music" do you see him interact. Many parents and staff have gone to him and he lies and plays a divide and conquer game. He is arrogant and refuses to listen. He hired a lower-school Principal who is absolutely the worst I have seen. The school has... horrible facilities and pays employees virtually nothing. No integrity or value for those of us who are dedicated and have worked there for years. You can be fired tomorrow if that is what is decided and I have seen that done. If you are considering this school...look around at the other private schools. There are actual trailers in the parking lot due to the fact that they cannot afford new facilities. This is not anywhere I would send my children.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the head of school. Find someone who cares and is open to new ideas and changes. Value your staff, listen to parents. Quit lying and covering up. Look at the employees who are inappropriately seeing other parents in your admission office.

International School of Indiana2017-06-25
  3. "Preparing our Youth for the World Stage!"

I have been working at International School of Indiana full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the brightest children in Central Indiana attend the school and are challenged daily with the language immersion and the IB curriculum. Native speaking teachers in the languages provide culture as well as education. Involved, dedicated teachers and administrators make this school a great place to attend and work.

Cons

Combining the two campuses would be a great asset in that that younger children to see what growth in the school looks like.

International School of Indiana2017-02-07
  4. "Best Job Ever!"

in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at International School of Indiana

Pros

Working at ISI has definitely been an enjoyable experience. The people are nice and understanding. Feedback and collaboration are a large part of the workplace and both are overwhelmingly positive. I feel supported and trusted.

Cons

Sometimes long term workers get caught up in the way "things have always been done," and can be inflexible and hard to persuade to try something new.

International School of Indiana2016-04-26

"No integrity or accountability"

Teacher in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at International School of Indiana

Pros

Unique families and students attend

Cons

Some students are not academically up for an IB Diploma education and should be encouraged to attend elsewhere but the school is financially struggling and will accept just about any student who can afford tuition.

Advice to Management

Replace David Garner with a headmaster who has local connections and is wanting the school to succeed. It is nearly impossible when one is just coasting to retirement.

International School of Indiana2015-01-21

"Great atmosphere. Loved the families that attended."

Current Employee - After School Staff in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at International School of Indiana part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team of people, flexibility

Cons

little hours, facilities in poor shape

International School of Indiana2014-01-04