KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 578 of over 643 reviews

3.1
Internet Brands CEO Bob Brisco
Bob Brisco
Pros
  • "There is a good work life balance(in 48 reviews)

• "Good work environment, Uses high end technology(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Extremely low pay for a software developer job(in 67 reviews)

• "high turnover, no room for growth(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Internet Brands and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

The Best Place to Start Your Career

Dec 14, 2021 - Corporate Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a recent college graduate or looking for a career change, Internet Brands is truly the place to go. This company will truly build you from the ground up to set you up for success in your career, and best of all, their entry-level roles are truly entry-level, unlike other companies that require 3-5 years of experience for an entry role - I started Internet Brands with no recruiting experience and learned rapidly. Another bonus is the work/life balance. Once you clock out, you are done for the day, no pressure to reply to late-night emails or anything of the sort. Great benefits, especially if you are a recent grad. Organized and caring management that truly wants to see you succeed. Also, diversity and inclusion is a top priority for the company and is reflected throughout all ranks. Overall, this is a great company to be at where you will be surrounded by amazing colleagues, rapid growth opportunities, and a collaborative work environment. If I was not given the job opportunity of my dreams, I would have never resigned.

Cons

While the compensation tends to be on the lower end, it is fitting due to the fact the company tends to teach candidates with less experience instead of hiring candidates with years of experience already.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good Place to Work

Jan 11, 2022 - Regional Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities are there to make a great living

Cons

Lots of turnover at this position. You get stuck into a small, assigned territory, then ask you to oversell that territory (thus diminishing the consumers quality)

3. 4.0

For Intern

Jan 7, 2022 - Quality Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good learning path for beginners. - Helpful environment

Cons

- Pay is very discouraging

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Jan 15, 2022 - IT Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting place to begin career

Cons

No growth at all and bad management

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a good place to work.

Jan 13, 2022 - Quality Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

The coworkers, easy work, learning experience.

Cons

The management is horrible, turn around is high. Salary for work being done is low.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Internet Brands - El Segundo

Dec 21, 2021 - Editor and Lead Content Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a diverse full-time staff that is always ready to accept a phone call or text to help me solve a problem or clarify a point of view.

Cons

I worked for three editors there. The first two were quite reasonable and seemed genuinely interested in my work and especially my area of expertise. The last manager, unfortunately, had no interest in my expertise and never grasped the true purpose of our site; to be a one-stop, sticky website for fans of this area of travel. He wrongly assumed we only had one singular purpose - which actually was a facet of our business that we specifically chose not to actively promote. Some horrible decisions were made on design and content focus without my knowledge which led to the site's eventual failure due to neglect of some of our best features.

7. 1.0

Low Level Company

Jan 5, 2022 - Account Executive in El Segundo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A decent atmosphere among co-workers Unlimited commissions

Cons

Low pay Weak managerial direction Low yearly revenues for the company Rotating door of new hires/fires

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Ok Experience

Dec 14, 2021 - Data Analyst Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance people are nice and genuine

Cons

Low pay and limited opportunity to grow

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Big company, but not best place to work

Dec 6, 2021 - IT Analyst in El Segundo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like most people; some are very smart and strive to do their job My boss was great, laid back, smart, efficient group

Cons

There are people that are there just bc been there so long, big titles are given which doesn’t mean much Lack of benefits compare to the size and how well the company is doing Every time I pass an developer intern resume along, never pans out, they looking for interns with2 year experience but most interns don’t have experience! Outdated mentality that remote work is bad, I know I get way more down working remote Company does not motivate employees with appreciation, own by venture capitalists who only care for $$profits instead of keeping good employees..

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Consistent

Nov 22, 2021 - Account Management Supervisor in El Segundo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy going environment, with a very young work force that allows remote work with flexibility.

Cons

Low salaries, they need to work harder to keep those employees who stuck by the company for more than a few years.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 578 Reviews

Internet Brands Reviews FAQs

54% of Internet Brands employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Internet Brands 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Internet Brands to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Internet Brands Job Seekers