KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Internet Marketing Ninjas Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2021

Found 37 of over 37 reviews

3.5
Internet Marketing Ninjas Founder & CEO Jim Boykin (no image)
Jim Boykin

Publicis Health

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "'Fun committee' that organizes lame activities that only 10 people every really go to.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Flexible Hours: We have an incredibly flexible work schedule!(in 4 reviews)
  • "Never a dull moment, a great culture, and fantastic co(in 3 reviews)
  • "It is such a laid back and casual work environment.(in 3 reviews)
  • "And if that isn’t generous enough, the CEO enjoys passing the successes of the company onto the employees with random bonuses.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay, not the industry for me so I won't comment too much on the workplace(in 4 reviews)
  • "Management doesn't value most of their worker bees as people; you're just a faceless number(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Senior Software Developer

Jan 5, 2018 - Senior Software Developer in Clifton Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Developed SEO tools to track social metrics/signals for clients. Developing tools in PHP based MVC framework that uses twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Instagram REST API’s.

Cons

Project tasks requirements would change frequently and sometimes the entire project would get scrapped. There is a lot of feature creeping as the projects would progress.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Filler Position (don’t get stuck for too long)

Feb 20, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great. That’s all I got.

Cons

You cannot develop your career here. Poor management.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Wouldn't Recommend It

Sep 15, 2020 - SEO in Clifton Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll get experience if you're completely entry level - but you won't be able to work anywhere else when you leave because of everything they have you sign.

Cons

I would regularly meet with the owner and I'll never forget one day I had a meeting with him at 10am, and then another one for 2pm and when I walked in at 2 he asked me who I was and what department I worked in. This was after I had worked with him pretty closely for awhile many times prior to this day. That pretty much sums it up.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Don’t let these other reviews mislead you. This is the best job and place I have ever worked.

Oct 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I made some of my best friends here. If you work hard and make the best out of work, you will have an extremely positive career here. Don’t let these other negative reviews impact you. I almost did almost 5 years ago, and this has been the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Every work place has a con. You will have bad days, you will have good days. Work hard! And you will be rewarded

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely Wonderful Company

Aug 29, 2017 - Link Builder in Clifton Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is such an absurd amount of pros that I'm having a difficult time deciding on where to even begin but I will do my best to cover the most prominent ones. Flexible Hours: We have an incredibly flexible work schedule! We're allowed to fit in our 40 hours between 7am-7pm. The company even offers the option of getting all 40 hours within Monday-Thursday so you can enjoy a relaxing three day weekend. The Work Environment: I can not express how wonderful everybody that works here is. It such a friendly and welcoming environment that I honestly believe you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. For this reason alone, I don't see myself ever wanting to leave. I have met some of the most amazing and unique individuals here. Management: They been nothing but compassionate and understanding of any issues that may arise. I never had the pleasure of working for a company that genuinely cares so much for it's employees. We're all a big happy family here! Free Food & Beverages: We have so much free food offered to us by the company! We have coffee & tea, hot-dogs, nachos, and popcorn available on the daily. We also have a pizza day once a month, build your own salad offered to us multiple times each month, and food from local places is catered to us pretty often. Fun Committee: We actually have a team dedicated to organizing special events for all to enjoy. They do a phenomenal job! They schedule happy hours, trivia, hiking trips and company parties! This summer alone we went to a beautiful winery and tubing. Every year we are offered a company trip to a beautiful place! The last couple of trips were to resorts in Jamaica and Dominican Republic. Bonuses/Rewards: If you work hard, the amount you reap for it shows. The CEO: Our CEO has a heart of gold. There is no other way to phrase it. He is one of the most generous and kind-hearted people I ever had the pleasure of meeting. A personal example of this man's generosity. My family was having extreme financial difficulties... this man found out and wrote us a check for a substantial amount. He loves this company and everybody who works for it. Not a day goes by where he doesn't express just how much he appreciates everyone's hard work and dedication. He always rewards us kindly. I love this company! I couldn't ever ask for a better job.

Cons

You have to be very self-motivated to work here! Which isn't exactly a bad thing at all! If you want to succeed here, you have to put the time and effort into it.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unique Job with Friendly People

Aug 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are some of the friendliest and most helpful I've ever worked with. I find that Ninjas are always available to answer questions or help any time. There are some really terrific and unique perks to this job including occasional bonuses, a paid phone for personal use, fun company events (we just went on a tubing trip and to a winery), and even company trips to resorts. No job is perfect, and this won't be a great fit for everyone but I found that this was a great fit for me. I was in a tough spot before I started working here trying to leave my old field and find something new. I had no idea what I was getting into when I took the job, but I took a chance, and it was absolutely the right decision. I'm very thankful for what I've been able to learn in a relatively short period of time. Take a chance, reach out to coworkers for help, learn as much as you can, and this could be a great job for you!

Cons

Not a con for everyone, but you have to be good at managing your own time and setting your own goals to succeed. Only other thing I can think of is that there is so much free food I'm probably gaining weight!

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Stay Away

Jul 31, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very few pros, occasional bonuses but they don't make up for the lack of raises

Cons

If you want to work for a company that likes to throw around the word family but then fire people for no reason, the IMN is for you. This is a company that does not evaluate based on performance but rather how willing you are to be a brown noser. If you are not up for going and getting fall down drunk at company events, then you will probably not be successful. Employees are pitted against each other in a very unhealthy way, leading to zero teamwork and every man for themselves. The company is extremely cliquey, very reminiscent of middle and high school. HR does not do anything about the negative environment because the worst offenders have the highest numbers and that is all that matters. Prepare to be told how awesome the company is doing, and then walk into massive layoffs the next day, as there is zero transparency. IMN is the most unprofessional, poorly managed company I have ever worked for.

10 people found this review helpful

Internet Marketing Ninjas Response

CEO

It saddens me to read this and the decision to let you go was not made lightly but with a heavy heart...with that said, I do want to speak to the things you mention in your review "occasional bonuses but they don't make up for the lack of raises" The monthly bonus structure is performance based in the position you had. The employees in the top half for numbers that month get a bonus that month. There are many who are constantly in the top half, and they are paid extra well for being above average in their position. "judge people based on their work," Performance in this role is evaluated by sheer numbers and conversion rate and stack ranked in comparison to everyone else within the department..this is clearly explained during employment and evaluated in employee reviews. ...you even mention the importance of meeting numbers for that role when you say, "the highest numbers and that is all that matters". If an employee has a really low numbers as well as conversion rates for many months to a year after their probationary period, we have no choice but to let them go , everyone knows that the person who is always last, will not last as a ninja. With that said, we do everything we can to help employees meet their numbers - the doors are always open for those who take the imitative to ask for help. In this case, we also try to offer the person a role in two other department In this case, we also try to offer the person a role in two other departments, including putting them back into the department that they were previously in...both of the offers were rejected and the person chose to stay in the department where they were under performing. "throw around the word family" We take you sharing 8 years with us very seriously...we offered a very generous custom severance package which was much more than is typically offered by employeers. "The company is extremely cliquey, very reminiscent of middle and high school. HR does not do anything about the negative environment because the worst offenders have the highest numbers and that is all that matters." We take employee complaints extremely seriously. There are several ways that we offer employees voice any issues in their departments, some of them include: 1 - visiting HR 2- My door is open 70% of the time for people to stop by, or there are also open door days with me (any employee at any level of the company can talk to me directly about any problems that they're having...these are on the calendar and are announced during morning announcements) 3 - anonymous suggestion box (any employee can write an anonymous suggestion...I read these personally) 4 - Speaking with their direct supervisor. Although I'm sorry that you were unhappy with the culture in the current department you were in, but these resources were available to you to voice your concerns on this, while you were with us.. I wish you the the best for wherever the future may take you. Peace and Love, Jim

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Job with Amazing People

Jun 13, 2017 - Link Builder in Clifton Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at the company for a few years and I've definitely seen an uptick in employee happiness over the years as we have grown and changed as a company and over the years the pros have definitely started to add up. For example: Recently, we were all given free Iphone 7's with unlimited messaging and data on our CEO's plan so we don't have to deal with paying a phone bill anymore! It was an amazing surprise especially coupled with all the free food we have been getting at work (hot dog machine, popcorn maker, snack cart, catered lunches for example) as well as the cash that our CEO has personally been handing out to every single employee in the company as a “Thank You” for working so hard. The CEO also has “open door days” every once in a while where employees can get some face time with the owner of the company and talk to him about whatever you want: where you want to go with the company, ideas you have, your weekend plans, etc. Another pro is that we have Flex Scheduling. The doors are open from 7am to 7pm and as long as you get 40 hours a week in, you're good! When you want a 3 day weekend, it isn't hard to just put in some extra hours Monday or if you have an appointment or something to get done, that's perfectly fine because you can just make up the time later. There's a Fun Committee that schedules fun events like trivia, happy hour, Christmas parties that involve actual fun times, hiking trips, tubing and even vacations to the beach (recent trips were to the Dominican Republic and Jamaica) and honestly, these are the people you would want to go on vacations with and do these outings with. The ninjas here are incredibly welcoming and friendly people who have honestly become like a second family because they are actually fun people who make coming to work everyday worth while and enjoyable. The work at IMN can be difficult sometimes, but you can always go to other Ninjas with any questions you have and they are always willing to help.

Cons

We tote our culture a lot, which isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but people tend to forget that IMN is first and foremost a business. A lot of people who join the company tend to get caught up in the fun of it all without realizing that the job is actually quite demanding and requires effort and dedication to get things done. Nobody is breathing down your neck to get things done on time, it's up to you to make sure you're working smart. Not everybody works well like that.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Work Hard, Play Hard & Have Fun

May 25, 2017 - SEO Analyst in Clifton Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are tons of pro’s to working at IMN. The environment alone makes it a pleasure to work here and make good friends. The biggest pro is the flexible schedule each employee gets to enjoy. If you have a car appointment or need to go to the doctor, you can easily take the time to do so and return back to work. Most employees here work longer hours Monday through Thursday and have Fridays off. Three day weekends are very common! A small tech café is just down the hall with vending machines and microwaves, however IMN provides a snack cart selling items at cost. If you forgot to bring your wallet you can still enjoy hot dogs, nachos and make your own popcorn. There is coffee, hot chocolate, tea, water and even a freezer full of ice cream all free. We have a Fun Committee that plans food events catered from local food vendors and businesses. There is pizza once a month and salad is provided a couple times a month. Every couple of months we have a vendor bring us food depending on the occasion. Everything from Breakfast to Dinner! Once a year the company grilles their own food in the afternoon celebrating with a ½ day paid. You get to go out on the grass and lounge and play games of all sorts. The Fun Committee also plans our travel events and gatherings. Annual company trips in the past have been to Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica. Trips to local area events are also common. We have been on tours, participated in charitable galas and even took an afternoon to go see a band. The work is fun and challenging. With the support of team leaders, it is a pleasurable work environment. If you ever need help, you can easily turn to your neighbor and get the help you need or message a team leader. There are not many people moping around on Monday morning because they had to go to work. You neighbor here at IMN will eventually become your friend and what else is better than going to work with your friends where you can work hard, play hard & have fun.

Cons

I have to get up really early so if I must list a con I would have to say that I wish we opened earlier. We open at 7AM so its really not that bad.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

The Best Company - Even Better People

May 18, 2017 - Quality Control Manager in Clifton Park, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not in this order* -Fun -Friendly -Interesting -Fair -Welcoming -Compassionate -Autonomous -Diligent -Genuine -Respectful -Competitive -Accepting -Genorous -Innovative -Sincere -Playful -Open Minded

Cons

-Way too much free food

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews

Internet Marketing Ninjas Reviews FAQs

Internet Marketing Ninjas has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 37 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Internet Marketing Ninjas to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Internet Marketing Ninjas employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Internet Marketing Ninjas. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of Internet Marketing Ninjas employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Internet Marketing Ninjas 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Internet Marketing Ninjas to be coworkers, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be management, culture, benefits.

Popular Careers with Internet Marketing Ninjas Job Seekers