Internet Marketing Ninjas Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Jim Boykin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Don’t let these other reviews mislead you. This is the best job and place I have ever worked."

I worked at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I made some of my best friends here. If you work hard and make the best out of work, you will have an extremely positive career here. Don’t let these other negative reviews impact you. I almost did almost 5 years ago, and this has been the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Every work place has a con. You will have bad days, you will have good days. Work hard! And you will be rewarded

"Unique Job with Friendly People"

I have been working at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are some of the friendliest and most helpful I've ever worked with. I find that Ninjas are always available to answer questions or help any time. There are some really terrific and unique perks to this job including occasional bonuses, a paid phone for personal use, fun company events (we just went on a tubing trip and to a winery), and even company trips to resorts. No job is perfect, and this won't be a great fit for everyone but I found that this was a great fit for me. I was in a tough spot before I started working here trying to leave my old field and find something new. I had no idea what I was getting into when I took the job, but I took a chance, and it was absolutely the right decision. I'm very thankful for what I've been able to learn in a relatively short period of time. Take a chance, reach out to coworkers for help, learn as much as you can, and this could be a great job for you!

Cons

Not a con for everyone, but you have to be good at managing your own time and setting your own goals to succeed.
    Only other thing I can think of is that there is so much free food I'm probably gaining weight!

"Absolutely Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Link Builder in Clifton Park, NY

I have been working at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is such an absurd amount of pros that I'm having a difficult time deciding on where to even begin but I will do my best to cover the most prominent ones.

Flexible Hours: We have an incredibly flexible work schedule! We're allowed to fit in our 40 hours between 7am-7pm. The company even offers the option of getting all 40 hours within Monday-Thursday so you can enjoy a relaxing three day weekend.

The Work Environment: I can not express how wonderful everybody that works here is. It such a friendly and welcoming environment that I honestly believe you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. For this reason alone, I don't see myself ever wanting to leave. I have met some of the most amazing and unique individuals here.

Management: They been nothing but compassionate and understanding of any issues that may arise. I never had the pleasure of working for a company that genuinely cares so much for it's employees. We're all a big happy family here!

Free Food & Beverages: We have so much free food offered to us by the company! We have coffee & tea, hot-dogs, nachos, and popcorn available on the daily. We also have a pizza day once a month, build your own salad offered to us multiple times each month, and food from local places is catered to us pretty often.

Fun Committee: We actually have a team dedicated to organizing special events for all to enjoy. They do a phenomenal job! They schedule happy hours, trivia, hiking trips and company parties! This summer alone we went to a beautiful winery and tubing. Every year we are offered a company trip to a beautiful place! The last couple of trips were to resorts in Jamaica and Dominican Republic.

Bonuses/Rewards: If you work hard, the amount you reap for it shows.

The CEO: Our CEO has a heart of gold. There is no other way to phrase it. He is one of the most generous and kind-hearted people I ever had the pleasure of meeting. A personal example of this man's generosity. My family was having extreme financial difficulties... this man found out and wrote us a check for a substantial amount. He loves this company and everybody who works for it. Not a day goes by where he doesn't express just how much he appreciates everyone's hard work and dedication. He always rewards us kindly.

I love this company! I couldn't ever ask for a better job.

Cons

You have to be very self-motivated to work here! Which isn't exactly a bad thing at all! If you want to succeed here, you have to put the time and effort into it.

Advice to Management

I think it would be really interesting and beneficial if communication across departments was more transparent. Sometimes I feel like each department is its own separate entity, instead of being a company as a whole. This has benefits but I believe it would be motivating and provide more creative collaboration opportunities to be more aware of what's going on in each department.

"Stay Away"

I worked at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very few pros, occasional bonuses but they don't make up for the lack of raises

Cons

If you want to work for a company that likes to throw around the word family but then fire people for no reason, the IMN is for you. This is a company that does not evaluate based on performance but rather how willing you are to be a brown noser. If you are not up for going and getting fall down drunk at company events, then you will probably not be successful. Employees are pitted against each other in a very unhealthy way, leading to zero teamwork and every man for themselves. The company is extremely cliquey, very reminiscent of middle and high school. HR does not do anything about the negative environment because the worst offenders have the highest numbers and that is all that matters. Prepare to be told how awesome the company is doing, and then walk into massive layoffs the next day, as there is zero transparency. IMN is the most unprofessional, poorly managed company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees, and judge people based on their work, not their willingness to party with the bosses.

Internet Marketing Ninjas Response

Aug 29, 2017 – CEO

It saddens me to read this and the decision to let you go was not made lightly but with a heavy heart...with that said, I do want to speak to the things you mention in your review

"occasional... More

"Great Job with Amazing People"

Current Employee - Link Builder in Clifton Park, NY

I have been working at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at the company for a few years and I've definitely seen an uptick in employee happiness over the years as we have grown and changed as a company and over the years the pros have definitely started to add up. For example:

Recently, we were all given free Iphone 7's with unlimited messaging and data on our CEO's plan so we don't have to deal with paying a phone bill anymore! It was an amazing surprise especially coupled with all the free food we have been getting at work (hot dog machine, popcorn maker, snack cart, catered lunches for example) as well as the cash that our CEO has personally been handing out to every single employee in the company as a “Thank You” for working so hard.

The CEO also has “open door days” every once in a while where employees can get some face time with the owner of the company and talk to him about whatever you want: where you want to go with the company, ideas you have, your weekend plans, etc.

Another pro is that we have Flex Scheduling. The doors are open from 7am to 7pm and as long as you get 40 hours a week in, you're good! When you want a 3 day weekend, it isn't hard to just put in some extra hours Monday or if you have an appointment or something to get done, that's perfectly fine because you can just make up the time later.

There's a Fun Committee that schedules fun events like trivia, happy hour, Christmas parties that involve actual fun times, hiking trips, tubing and even vacations to the beach (recent trips were to the Dominican Republic and Jamaica) and honestly, these are the people you would want to go on vacations with and do these outings with. The ninjas here are incredibly welcoming and friendly people who have honestly become like a second family because they are actually fun people who make coming to work everyday worth while and enjoyable. The work at IMN can be difficult sometimes, but you can always go to other Ninjas with any questions you have and they are always willing to help.

Cons

We tote our culture a lot, which isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but people tend to forget that IMN is first and foremost a business. A lot of people who join the company tend to get caught up in the fun of it all without realizing that the job is actually quite demanding and requires effort and dedication to get things done. Nobody is breathing down your neck to get things done on time, it's up to you to make sure you're working smart. Not everybody works well like that.

6. "Work Hard, Play Hard & Have Fun"

Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Clifton Park, NY
    Current Employee - SEO Analyst in Clifton Park, NY

I have been working at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are tons of pro’s to working at IMN. The environment alone makes it a pleasure to work here and make good friends.

The biggest pro is the flexible schedule each employee gets to enjoy. If you have a car appointment or need to go to the doctor, you can easily take the time to do so and return back to work. Most employees here work longer hours Monday through Thursday and have Fridays off. Three day weekends are very common!

A small tech café is just down the hall with vending machines and microwaves, however IMN provides a snack cart selling items at cost. If you forgot to bring your wallet you can still enjoy hot dogs, nachos and make your own popcorn. There is coffee, hot chocolate, tea, water and even a freezer full of ice cream all free.

We have a Fun Committee that plans food events catered from local food vendors and businesses. There is pizza once a month and salad is provided a couple times a month. Every couple of months we have a vendor bring us food depending on the occasion. Everything from Breakfast to Dinner! Once a year the company grilles their own food in the afternoon celebrating with a ½ day paid. You get to go out on the grass and lounge and play games of all sorts.

The Fun Committee also plans our travel events and gatherings. Annual company trips in the past have been to Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica. Trips to local area events are also common. We have been on tours, participated in charitable galas and even took an afternoon to go see a band.

The work is fun and challenging. With the support of team leaders, it is a pleasurable work environment. If you ever need help, you can easily turn to your neighbor and get the help you need or message a team leader. There are not many people moping around on Monday morning because they had to go to work.

You neighbor here at IMN will eventually become your friend and what else is better than going to work with your friends where you can work hard, play hard & have fun.

Cons

I have to get up really early so if I must list a con I would have to say that I wish we opened earlier. We open at 7AM so its really not that bad.

"The Best Company - Even Better People"

Current Employee - Quality Control Manager in Clifton Park, NY
    Current Employee - Quality Control Manager in Clifton Park, NY

I have been working at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not in this order*
    -Fun
    -Friendly
    -Interesting
    -Fair
    -Welcoming
    -Compassionate
    -Innovative
    -Sincere
    -Playful
    -Open Minded

Cons

-Way too much free food

Advice to Management

1. Don't let the immaturity of some negative comments about IMN online get you down. All professional adults know that expressing bitterness towards an "ex" of any kind, is an emotional expression of delusional grandeur.
    2. Contract Me for Life

"Internet marketing ninjas"

Former Employee - Link Builder in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Link Builder in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, young staff and social events outside of work, opportunities in multiple departments/facets of internet marketing. Generally hands-off management approach with access to C-level managers relatively easy.

Cons

Low pay, not the industry for me so I won't comment too much on the workplace

"A welcoming and friendly environment, full of opportunities"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Clifton Park, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Clifton Park, NY

I have been working at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff at IMN is incredibly welcoming. They're open and encouraging of questions and many senior employees make a concerted effort to invite newbies to events and get to know them. IMN has been around for 15+ years and some of its employees have been there for the whole ride. This shows every day at the office - people are invested in the future of the business and want new employees to feel like a part of the family.

They're also incredibly good at what they do. Even better, they're eager and willing to share their skills and knowledge with others. Upper management is very supportive of new ideas and independent projects. The CEO is very generous with his time, resources, and training for employees.

There are ample opportunities to learn more about digital marketing, SEO, content creation, sales, and more here. You can be in any position and learn about all aspects of the business. You just need to take the initiative to ask other people. I work in one department, but I think I've received basic to intermediate training in almost every aspect of what IMN does. For someone looking to build a career, working at IMN is an invaluable experience.

When I was interviewing for IMN, the interviewer told me that it's a "work hard, play hard" kind of company. I think that's very true - we have a lot of fun, but everyone in the building is also working their hardest to get their jobs done and excel. It is an inspiring place to work!

Cons

There are cliques and a bit of drama. It's not hard to avoid and it doesn't impact the work that gets done, but it can be unpleasant sometimes.

This isn't a con for me, but I think it might be for some others: this is a place where you are expected to have ambition. If you want something - if you have goals, if you want to excel, and if you want to accomplish your work - you have to want it and work for it. "Opportunity knocks, but it is up to us to open the door." If you can't motivate yourself or push yourself to succeed, you may have a difficult time here.

Advice to Management

Keep your open door policies and share your struggles and triumphs with the regular employees. I have seen my colleagues double or even triple their efforts for the sake of the company and their fellow employees. When it comes down to the wire, your teams will get the work done.

As some other reviewers here have said, a handshake and a pat on the back mean the world to us. Constructive feedback, given in a safe environment, is also very helpful.

"Former ninja"

I worked at Internet Marketing Ninjas full-time

Pros

Casual environment, lots of free food

Cons

arrogant/selfish management, expected to work 40+ hours/week with no extra pay, demanding time limits on projects

Advice to Management

grow up and think about what's best for business, not what's best for you.