Internet Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brandon Fishman

"#AgencyLife at Its Finest"

Current Employee - Account Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Account Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Internet Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about working at IMI is 100% the culture in our two offices. It's very casual and welcoming, so you don't ever feel silly for asking questions or making yourself heard. Never standoffish, and very often with the best happy hours and office outings because of our awesome clients we get to work with.

Cons

Sometimes the basics of using GoTo Meeting escape our employees, but you just roll your eyes and get on with the day in the same fashion as when your grandparents adorably can't type on a touchscreen. We're getting better.

The other reviews/comments about work/life balance are valid, because most everyone is very career-focused and has lots of accountability and pride in what they do, and want it done right. However, I don't think it's ever been pressured from upper management and more of one's own volition to stay late or come in early.

Advice to Management

The transparency about the company's vision and roadmap have always been appreciated. Our Company meetings are always open & frank, and ready to take Q's from all employees, which is great.

2. "Great Growth Environment & Lots Of Transparency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Internet Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

IMI invests more energy into creating a great company culture than the previous 2 agencies I worked with. They do a good job facilitating opportunities for us to grow in not only our own areas of expertise but in other verticals also. Overall, good people.

Cons

This is more about agency style of work than about IMI. As with all agencies, the workloads can change drastically at anytime. Be prepared to work through the night once in awhile.

Advice to Management

Keep up the company transparency. Its been great so far and it has created a good team culture.

"Love the People, Disheartened with the Work"

I have been working at Internet Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love every single person I work with, and the company culture is out of this world. There's a good range of clients in different industries to work with, which keeps you on your toes and doing interesting tasks. Though there is a LOT of change going on, I think it's a good sign of fresh starts and new opportunities for everyone to grow.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of shifts in management in the time I've worked here. Some tools, like time tracking and task management, are less-than-optimal for the work we do, and can make the office feel restrictive.

Additionally, after working here a year+, I have had no movement in pay or position, even though I have taken on more senior-role responsibilities. It seems departments sitting closer to management have more upward mobility in this company. Favorites seem to be played when it comes to raises.

Advice to Management

Think through implementing new policies and tools for the company, as adopting new procedures every few months can become overwhelming.

4. "Las Vegas Review"

Current Employee - Account Team in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Account Team in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Biggest pros are the coworkers and the general work culture - very collaborative, and lots to learn from everyone. Great employees - most are self taught demigods in their respective fields (SEO, Digital Analytics, PPC & Paid Media). Seriously, I cannot emphasize enough how amazing and motivating the people here are.

Cons

Downsides to working in the Las Vegas office are the office itself (unsafe and inconvenient location), and being a satellite office we often get overlooked when it comes to company-wide events/benefits/etc. Also, the company is growing pretty rapidly, so processes aren't mature yet which leads to a lot of friction at times.

Advice to Management

Appreciate keeping your doors open to employees, and the level of engagement you have with people at all levels.

"Great Growing Digital Agency"

I have been working at Internet Marketing full-time

Pros

After having the experience of working for a couple of agencies, IMI has thus far been the best with company culture and the way they treat their employees. We have quarterly team building events (which the team gets to choose what they want to do), weekly morning "Knowledge Shares" to learn more about other teams and their roles, a personal annual professional budget, and more. Speaking for the social team, the career paths are set up in a way where it's not competitive and everyone has the opportunity to move up.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is having to track time in our new time-tracking software. It's extremely detailed and since I started the company before this was implemented, it's taking a bit of time to getting used to. We have to track time to every task we perform to make sure that we are not going over hours for a client, or under hours.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate that the company is completely transparent and makes sure to update the employees monthly on the status of the business and goals/plans. Also, the CEO sends out fun company-wide emails every once in awhile and it shows that he truly cares about the people that work at IMI.

"Growing pains."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Internet Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, everyones very helpful, learning environment, snacks and free lunches. challenging.

Cons

I had a very unique experience because of my location. So my cons might not be the same or even true for others.

Advice to Management

get orginized. dont forget about the little guy.

7. "Data-Driven, Organization-Centric"

Current Employee - Creative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Creative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Internet Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a fairly young agency that offers many career opportunities for people hungry to work hard and make their mark. The agency represents some great brands, the atmosphere is fast-paced, and the expectations are high. Every department is comprised of talented people who are encouraged to share their expertise, enthusiasm, and ideas. Management has been focused on creating a stronger culture that promotes innovative thinking and cross-departmental collaboration. Having worked at other agencies in the past I do appreciate the concerted effort to invest in the employees' growth through personal development budgets, continuing education, and community outreach. I believe bridging communication across different departments and offices, as well as promoting from within will pay off tremendously while increasing the overall retention rate.

Cons

Due to a very quick growth the agency has been revamping its core values and reassessing its client roster. At times employees may have to go outside of their specific job descriptions to meet client needs and achieve team wins. It is up to the employee to manage their time wisely and communicate any concerns; no hand-holding here.

Advice to Management

Your passion sets the tone!

8. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I worked at Internet Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing co-workers, fun atmosphere, always had something to do and learned so much.

Cons

It would have helped to receive a bit more feedback on my assignments.

"Feels like family here with great opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Visual Designer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Visual Designer in San Diego, CA

Pros

Everyone works great together and always in the interest of our clients and IMI. We all contribute to the greater good and feel like our voice matters, contributions and attributes matter. There are fun things to keep the company feeling like family; weekly breakfasts, weekly happy hours, summer fridays, holidays and days before holiday's accommodations. Staying up to date with the latest trends and equipment only helps with your own personal growth.

Cons

There could be only cons if you're the type that is not a go getter, self motivated, hard worker. I think if you don't like to work and be apart of something that could benefit the entire company and your team as a whole you would struggle working here.

Advice to Management

Personally I have one of the best managers on staff here so I'm very lucky. So any advice would be to what can I do to make work easier for you or how would you like to see me grow.

10. "IMI Review from Long Term Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Internet Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing at IMI is the people. They are a group of fun, smart people and I've made some great friends and learned a lot from working here. The management is accessible and pretty in touch with staff members' needs. The perks are nice: good vacation time, amazing health/dental insurance (like seriously incredible), breakfasts on Wednesdays, happy hours on Thursdays, free snacks/coffee in kitchen all the time, flexibility with working remotely, $500 professional development budget, etc.) The office itself is nice and has access to a gym in the building and is near lots of good lunch spots.

Cons

While the company is a mid-size agency, it doesn't quite have the organization of a larger company, nor the flexibility of a start-up, so it's somewhere in between. Leadership has sometimes been divided and there's been a lack of a clear mission/vision direction, but that is being currently addressed and improved. A lack of a COO has impacted coordination between departments and made processes a little messier than they should be

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun employee perks and work culture. Consider getting a COO to better help orchestrate inter-departmental efforts, processes, etc.