Interplex Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.9
Jack Seidler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Needs better oversight"

I worked at Interplex Industries full-time

Pros

Provided lots of autonomy to do your job. Lots of learning opportunities early in the job.

Cons

Not great support from management. Typically having to rush every project to meet deadlines.

2. "Horrible Place to Work... Run Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Interplex Industries (More than a year)

Pros

Watching crooks working there get arrested for stealing.

Cons

Lies, Lies and more lies. I was lied to about my salary. I was asked to lie to customers. I spent more time lying and trying to cover up lies than I did actually working. Worst job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself for the sake of the company.

3. "Engineer"

I have been working at Interplex Industries full-time

Pros

Good school. Too many things to learn within the everyday mess.

Cons

Lack of planning at every level. Top management does not take care of the employees.

4. "qa associate"

I have been working at Interplex Industries full-time

Pros

small workforce, clean environment, cross trainings

Cons

very low salary rate, top management manipulation

"Good Place to Learn, Bad Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rumford, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rumford, RI

I worked at Interplex Industries full-time

Pros

Honestly, there's not much good to say about them. There is a lot of technology under one roof, so you can learn a lot there.

Cons

The company is a bit of a mess. It's being bought and sold as a fixer-upper, with companies making it looked like they fixed things things without doing anything or spending a dime to maximize their profits.

Even when the decision would make them money, management may ignore it. I have seen them refuse to pay $10,000 in reclamation costs for precious metal collection cells at the end of the plating lines, despite the profit of doing so being over $100,000 that they'd see within a month. Even worse is that in the meantime they were losing gold because the tanks are full. They would've been flushing it down the drain but that's illegal, so they actually had to pay somebody to take it away with the rest of the waste water.

Management has no idea what's going on anywhere on the floor. New middle management is being hired for reasons I don't understand, and has even less of a clue.

I have seen multiple employees in management positions be both verbally and physically abusive to people, with formal complaints being made to HR at least five times a month for consecutive months, with no consequences to those abusive managers.

I have seen Interplex go through five Quality Managers in as many years because nobody wants that job. Quality at this third-rate facility is near impossible to maintain, so it's a stressful job. I have seen a person that would've been the sixth QM turn the job down because he was making more money off unemployment than they were willing to pay him.

Huge turnover rate, poor management, terrible compensation. There is some camaraderie among the people doing actual work there on the floor, which can be nice. Kind of a "we're all on this sinking ship together" kind of attitude.

Advice to Management

Management is the problem. Even if the owners finally decide that investments into the company are worth it, the best move for the company would be to clear out and replace all the managers with new people.

"Making a living until something better comes up"

Current Employee - Tool Maker in Tamarac, FL
    Current Employee - Tool Maker in Tamarac, FL

I have been working at Interplex Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Checks dont bounce, friendly hard working hourly personel, nice florida weather, easiest company for anyone to find a job if you cant find anything else

Cons

Verry abusive upper management, use it or loose it vacation pay, Dont expect much from HR because is run by presidents wife.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the conflict of interest!

7. "Good small company"

Pros

Plenty of learning opportunity with significant responsibility for engineers. Regular interaction with customers as the engineer doing the work which makes the job easier.

Cons

Doesn't seem to get much corporate support for each individual business. Does not include some benefits that would be considered standard at a larger employer.

Advice to Management

Support each individual business with more financial help. Offer better benefits to help keep skilled employees around longer. Continue to give engineers good opportunity to begin their career.

"Toolmaker"

I worked at Interplex Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing into a high production shop

Cons

To many old employees that hold the company

Advice to Management

Fire the dead weight.

"Worst Company in South Florida"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tamarac, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tamarac, FL

Pros

Paychecks are weekly which is the only positive thing.

Cons

The president has no vision and the person in charge of Finance is his wife. Biggest conflict of interest! The company recently sold to an overseas corporation who, if they are smart, will sell it and cut their losses. This company is unethical and shady. The pay is horrible and below market value for practically ALL positions. The operations and engineering managers are clueless and disrespectful.

Advice to Management

RETIRE already.

"Dont get raped"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Interplex Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tool has decent equipment. Employees are pretty cool. Work atmosphere is pretty relaxed and the engineering department has some decent talent.

Cons

Upper management needs to wake up. Workers are underpaid unless you a die maker. Many operators do not receive wages, some who have been there for many years.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page. You all spend too much focus trying to implement your own suggestions instead of working together as team. As a result production requirements are often not met bc of issues that could have been avoided.