Intersections Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Intersections CEO Johan Roets
Johan Roets
1 Rating

Pros
  • Pay and benefits are on par with or better than other local businesses, working from home is an option and the work/life balance is good (in 4 reviews)

• Good people working hard to provide excellent service (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of rederick and hot air from the upper management (in 4 reviews)

• No 401k match and a horrible health plan implemented in 2016 with no input from employees (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place!"

Pros

Positive work environment
    Friendly employees
    Upper management is approachable
    Great employee appreciation events held by Human Resources and other departments

Cons

No 401k match or health insurance options

"Continuing the slow death"

Former Employee - Senior Management in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Intersections full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be smart dedicated employees. People who cared about the right way to do things.

Cons

New CEO is awful with zero attention span and less skill. He is surrounded by even less skilled people desperate to keep their jobs and not willing to help their employees. People who have stood up have been let go after decades of dedicated service building the company.

Advice to Management

BAC wont be around forever. Start looking for the one way ticket back to South Africa.

3. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Director in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Intersections full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was given the ability to flex my time

Cons

A significant amount of catty behavior between co-workers

5. "Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrenton, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrenton, VA

I worked at Intersections full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good place to work and management is good.

Cons

Could do more team building events.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Not the best - not the worst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Intersections full-time

Pros

First I should mention I worked in IT so this is where I relate what I know. That being said, perhaps the best thing at this company is it is an easy environment to work at. If you have ever worked somewhere where the pain starts at the top and permeates the entire company you will appreciate a much more relaxed atmosphere that this company has to offer. Mid sized companies tend to offer this type of environment. Plus there isn't a lot of dog-eat-dog climb the corporate ladder happening.

The tech work has a moderate amount of challenge - enough to keep one interested for a while and there is enough breathing room to self-study and advance and or specialize as desired. Overall - the company is not a waste of time for the amount of growth one can derive.

Cons

I think you have to be concerned about the companies worth - goals and longevity. I don't think this is necessarily a company you would want to endure long term unless you want to finish 10 years to retirement - then maybe.

Advice to Management

I think management has their hand tied to a certain degree with not the largest budgets in the world - so that limits what they can do to keep the techies interested for the long-run. Things seem to be patched more than completely redesigned to a high-degree of leading edge.

7. "Great pace to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Riding, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Riding, VA

I have been working at Intersections full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment, Highly motivated management, excellent atmosphere and staff that has been with the company a very long time and cares about the work they do,

Cons

In a period of transition and is faced with a dip in performance that impacts morale and results in some bleeding of great talent

Advice to Management

The management is on the right track, is clear about its short, mid and long term goals and is positioned to ensure the company succeeds,

"it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

company run by owner and CEO

Cons

too many politics in middle management so people with skill all left

Advice to Management

reward talent

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Intersections full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people at Intersections are fantastic. Smart and dedicated staff makes working Intersections a positive experience. The environment is fast paced, and you have the opportunity to learn from a lot of different angles. After a few slow/difficult years with lots of changes, the company finally seems to be picking up steam again and the culture seems to be changing for the better. We've had more communication and clarity from management, and the culture seems to be improving. Management seems to be making an effort to make things better.

Cons

Too many subsidiaries doing too many different things. Should focus on the Identity Management business only.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in, and communicate with your employees. Things are improving!

10. "Good People, Technologically Behind"

Former Employee - Database Developer
    Former Employee - Database Developer

I worked at Intersections full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people and lower level management.
    Fair Compensation.
    Smart coworkers.

Cons

Low investment in removing technical debt.
    Technologically behind the curve.
    Risk averse to the point where it is impacting the technology.

Advice to Management

Take more risks, invest in your people and your technology, research and implement newer technologies.

"Organizational changes leading to stronger future business"

Pros

*I work with a fantastic team who are genuinely dedicated to our individual projects and corporate goals
    *Coworkers are always willing to help when asked
    *The company is actively working on providing more/better products and services to our customers
    *All-hands meetings throughout the year offer employees the chance to learn what the executive team has planned for the company, how business has transpired and whether it met or exceeded expectations, and ask questions directly of senior management
    *Pay and benefits are on par with or better than other local businesses, working from home is an option and the work/life balance is good
    *Good work location just outside the normal DC commute area with green areas, a pond and walking trails for outside breaks

Cons

*As the financial services industry has evolved over the past few years, organizational changes have been made to ensure we meet industry standards and remain profitable; unfortunately, this transition, though necessary, has included layoffs and management shifts that employees don't always support, and has led to a lower morale than what the company boasted 5-10 years ago

Advice to Management

*Continue to provide and increase communications and transparency about goals, wins and strategy
    *Build a stronger culture internally - help employees be proud of the work they do and the service they provide to our customers, show appreciation from direct supervisors all the way up through executive management