Intersocietal Accrediation Commission Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mary Lally

1. "Organization committed to professionalism and employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Intersocietal Accrediation Commission full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IAC has established itself as a leader in accreditation for a wide range of medical imaging. It is highly committed to pursuing innovative ways to improve patient safety and quality of care. It is equally committed to its own growth and professionalism; during my tenure we achieved certifications for both ISO 9001 (Quality Management) and ISO 27001 (Information Security).

The work environment, while fast-paced, is friendly and collaborative, thanks to the tone set by leadership. The executive staff takes care of their people—they recognize the importance of both competitive compensation and very generous benefits. The organization is flexible with work schedule and attire.

Cons

Given the Commission's history of consolidating what used to be multiple separate accrediting bodies into one organization, they still struggle a bit with aligning the cultures and standards across diverse fields and groups of people. However, they are strongly committed to striving for unity, so this didn't impact my group much if at all, and I saw positive movement during my entire time at IAC.

2. "A family-friendly, growing company comprised of highly-motivated professionals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Pros

Friendly administration involved with employees; casual attire most days; great benefits package; board and executive staff recognize the importance of paying employees well; flexible work schedule for salaried employees and to an extent for non-salaried; extensive in-house training; well regarded company in the healthcare industry

Cons

Most employees need to wear many hats and fill unexpected roles (which some find refreshing and interesting; some find frustrating and confusing); as a small office, expect to deal with some interpersonal conflict, but organizationally the company does a good job of quelling any major in-fighting

3. "The IAC is a fast growing non-profit with an important mission and great benefits."

Current Employee - Applications Processor in Ellicott City, MD
    Current Employee - Applications Processor in Ellicott City, MD

I have been working at Intersocietal Accrediation Commission full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits (PTO, Health Insurance, 401k matching, Holidays). Really nice atmosphere, (mostly) professional people, casual dress. Annual raises, end of year bonus (performance based). Clearly articulated job responsibilities and polices. Great senior staff.

Cons

Salary is lower than in private sector healthcare, somewhat catty/insular culture (not so bad once you get to know everyone). Training needs work, fairly steep learning curve.

Advice to Management

More and more comprehensive/formal training.

5. "Marketing / Communications"

I have been working at Intersocietal Accrediation Commission full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family-friendly organization with 40-50 employees. Good work / life balance with ability to work remotely for applicable jobs.

Cons

Small office can lead to small office politics, everyone knows everyone and has an opinion. Pay is OK, but doesn't align with pay for area for some jobs.

Advice to Management

Continue to show employees at all levels that you value them and offer more opportunities for advancement or learning opportunities.

6. "Good Place to Work"

Pros

There is a caring attitude from the top down for employees as people. For instance, when one of my parents was recently ill I was allowed to use my sick time while I was off instead of vacation to care for them. The benefits are very good for a small nonprofit organization. Plus exempt employees may work from home at times.

Cons

There is a lot of cronyism and favoritism. Plus there will be a new CEO with very different ideas from the previous CEO.

Advice to Management

Improve top down communication.