Interstate Hotels & Resorts "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Interstate Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 11 Oct 2019

3.1
Interstate Hotels & Resorts CEO Michael J. Deitemeyer
Michael J. Deitemeyer
Pros
  • "Had good benefits and the company had annual evaluations(in 26 reviews)

• "Great benefits, family environment and promotes from within(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes there is a struggle for work-life balance(in 16 reviews)

• "Upper management does not appreciate you and treat you as you are expendable(in 14 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Company"

I have been working at Interstate Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Great upper management that cares

Cons

understaffing, long hours, can be unattentive to needs

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2017-12-04
  2. "The opposite of a meritocracy"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Development and Acquisitions in Arlington, VA

I worked at Interstate Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Resume builder, good transitional job

Cons

Hardly any PTO, negligent leaders, upper management does not appreciate the hard work of their employees,

Advice to Management

Stop being jerks

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2019-10-12

"Lots of politics and racism here."

Former Employee - Housekeeping Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Interstate Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None. There’s nothing good about this company. I have seen co-workers drove to depression by upper management. There are so many better companies out there. Don’t waste your time and effort here.

Cons

The higher the position, the lazier they are. General manager leads in promoting racism among its staff. You can only be successful here if you are white.

Advice to Management

Restructure the management team. If you hire people of color, be fair to them.

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2019-07-30

"Nothing but disappointment"

I worked at Interstate Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I did not have one PRO

Cons

This company offers so many great things, in theory. The reality is that most corporate employees are so overworked and stretched thin that no one really seems to enjoy their job, let alone offer the support they claim to offer. My experience is going to be unique to me, not everyone will have the same experience. I felt like I was blown off by upper Management, they just didn't have time to give me the tools I... needed to succeed. My boss seemed to be more interested in the gossip surrounding our environment than actually working with me to get me up to speed. I don't regret my decision to leave this company. I truly hope they can recognize they have some work to do in employee satisfaction and actually do something about it.

Advice to Management

Keep your high expectations, and hold people accountable. In doing so, be more readily available to pull up your sleeves to assist those who are literally begging for help because they want to be successful instead of brushing them off as if they are expendable.

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2019-07-02
  5. "underappreciated"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Interstate Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some coworkers are very nice and many guests can make your experience pretty good.

Cons

Upper management does not appreciate you and treat you as you are expendable. Other department managers do not care about doing their job well. Opportunities to move up are limited.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the lower tier of workers.

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2019-06-03

"The job itself is okay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interstate Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have developed some amazing relationships

Cons

Upper Management; Biased Opinions; Minimal team work throughout property (dept to dept)

Advice to Management

Do what you have to do to ensure you have a GOOD team, don't hold on to those who have tenure but not passion

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2018-10-15

"Restaurant Supervisor"

I worked at Interstate Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Most of the bartenders at city center are cool but that's pretty much it.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, upper management is very rude, no opportunities for growth.

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2018-10-07

"Worst hospitality company out there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Interstate Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Benefits * Hotel/travel discounts

Cons

This list is going to be long, sorry, but just being honest. * work/life balance is a joke * short staffed ALWAYS (Ever since interstate took over in Janurary of this year we've been short staffed) * management changes are a joke (making most of their properties into duel GM roles... meaning that they don't want to pay for 2, which makes it impossible to communicate with Upper management) * task force is a... joke * micro management with little to no direction * unreliable management * pay is a joke 11 an hour to do 3 to 4 positions alone due to short staffing * asking for time off is impossible * no vacation time for well over a year if you can even take it, again due to short staffing * the company is very much a paper-work type of company which makes management very hands off and they hardly help staff if needed * working 10 days or more in a row before your next day off * filling in when people call out because management is too "busy" to step up, but they expect hourly staff to do so though * can't call out most of the time even in emergencies because no one can cover and management won't * schedules come out the night before the new week starts so you can't plan anything * they make you feel unappreciated * they don't motivate you * little to no chance of being promoted from within despite showing you are ready and have the experience * they expect you to be cross trained in multiple departments with no incentive * just a trash company at the end of the day that will work you until you've got not heart and soul left for the job itself

Advice to Management

Look at my cons list and maybe try to do something about it. I really despise this company. I use to really love my job; now I hate it and hate waking up every day for my shifts.

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2018-10-01
  9. "Okay experience, no room to move up and terrible pay"

Former Employee - Outlet Supervisor

I worked at Interstate Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff was mostly friendly and cared about their jobs, and the some of the management was really smart and good at their jobs

Cons

The pay was way below subpar, I was management and couldn't afford to pay rent. Most of the upper management is terrible and plays favorites with family and friends

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2018-02-15

"Hotel manager"

I worked at Interstate Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Competitive salary and bonus structure for upper management .

Cons

Corporate office not paying attention to what’s going on in individual hotels. Fast turnover of department managers.

Advice to Management

Don’t micromanage individual managers with them do the job they were hired for.

Interstate Hotels & Resorts2018-01-05