KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Interstate Optical Mansfield, OH Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2020

Found 6 of over 12 reviews

2.8
Interstate Optical President John Art (no image)
John Art

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee

reivew

Oct 22, 2020 - Lab Tech in Mansfield, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

operates 3 shifts, offers raises consistent with your performance

Cons

sharp learning curve for people with no prior experience in optical industry

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Keep Looking for a Better Job

Jul 1, 2017 - Data Entry in Mansfield, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Jobs are easy to do and some people are great to work with!

Cons

1. Management. Management is some of the worst I've ever had to deal with. My manager gave me my yearly review at my desk, in front of my co-workers, which included what my pay raise would be. Highly unprofessional group. They also promote based on how well they like you--it's not based on your work ethic like it should be. One example of this was an employee named Casey Weaver who was promoted to customer service AFTER her long-track history record of bullying employees to quit. Management is aware of her behavior and rewards her behavior instead of firing her. 2. Toxic Work Environment While management is a big part of the problem of why there is a toxic work environment and a revolving door of employment around here. There are some great people to work with but there are also a lot of bad eggs that management does nothing about. When you leave work you can literally feel the tension leave when you walk out of the building. 3. Low Pay Wages are not competitive. Yearly raises are about 30 cents-50 cents. 4. Advancement is extremely difficult While most jobs are easy to do and you may qualify to do them--chances are you will not get the job unless a manager likes you.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Roller Coaster

Mar 1, 2016 - Production in Mansfield, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady Schedule. Growth opportunities. 3% raise every year so long as you meet requirements. I am always able to eat at my scheduled lunch time.

Cons

Management is not friendly with employees. Last minute notice on mandatory overtime. They pick and choose who they like according to personal emotions instead of employee performance.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Oct 9, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, Great Company, Realistic Expectations, Treated Employees Well.

Cons

Wage was not competitive, Advancement was difficult

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awful

Jun 8, 2015 - Lab Technician in Galion, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my co-workers and I liked what I did.

Cons

Could not talk at all. Horrible benefits, and management was the worst experience of my life. Was cursed at. I was written up for something I had fmla for, and never even used. Attendance and vacation policy was a joke!

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Underpaid, and overworked.

Jun 16, 2014 - Optical Tech in Ontario, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Monday through Friday work week.

Cons

Terrible pay. Terrible work conditions. No advancement opportunities. Lack of leadership.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews